Questions of the Week, January 6th, 2016
The Year of the Doug
Plaid Hat Games | 2016-01-06
Happy 2016! Have you already messed up and written 2015 a bunch of times? Today, we welcome the new year with a new weekly questions post. This week we posed the crew the questions,
- What was your favorite moment of 2015?
- What do you hope to accomplish in 2016?
- What will New Years Eve look like at the end of the world?
- Having so many people come up to me at GenCon this year to congratulate me on the sale and wish me the best and having an awesome group of volunteers to hang out with at all of our conventions this year.
- Design a board game.
- Undead Dick Clark.
- Spending time with my family in Durango Colorado.
- Like an Hieronymus Bosch painting.
- My favorite moment of 2015 was moving to Dallas. While I was thankful for the opportunity to work at Plaid Hat Games full-time, I was also living full-time in a rural part of Ohio. Coming from the Central Coast of California, that was a huge lifestyle change I didn't realize would impact me as much as it did. And that isn't even taking into account the weather. Dallas is a much better fit for myself, and I feel a much better fit for the company as a whole.
- To be completely transparent, true introspection and steps towards positive holistic change of self. Which I realize all sound ridiculously vague and perhaps even a touch cliché. But I've been carrying around extraneous emotional weight for far too long, making excuses to myself which allowed me to keep doing so. This is exhausting, and I'm looking to gain momentum to make changes in order to apply that usurped energy to see who I can be without anything holding me back.
- "Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!"
- One on one time. I got to experience a lot of extended moments with people in 2015 that I don't normally have the luxury of engaging with one on one. From old friends to new ones, those little heart to hearts really stood out to me during the year and will be memories I keep with me for a long time.
- In 2016 I want to establish a better routine. One that will lead me to a healthier, happier lifestyle and will open me up to new people and experiences that can help me grow.
- You will back away into the abyss until your eyes can see all of existence before you. Every universe, every galaxy, every atom, that ever was and ever will be shall lie in within your perfect view. And then, in silence, they will burst into nothingness. Their final flare of light blinding you as you lie still in time. You will know all things, you will feel all things, and you will scream out a soundless shout of joy until your eyes roll back into your own skull to reveal the new world that awaits you.
- As far as Plaid Hat stuff goes, I became full-time Plaid Hat Games staff this year, which is awesome. If I had to narrow that experience down to actual moments, I'd say either the Ashes explosion at GenCon, or driving a 26 foot truck containing all of Plaid Hat Games' possessions from Origins to Dallas by myself and unpacking it there with Dave and Jerry.
- Once again, speaking in Plaid Hat terms, we have tons of projects lined up. We are almost done with a new and improved replacement parts request system, the Play Plaid site will expand and provide more support to retailers and events, and we want to continue to integrate our web sales with all of F2Z's resources to improve shipping costs and the experience for fans. Then there are secret projects I'm excited about as well.
- There will be too many koalas.
- It was meeting and falling in love with my boyfriend, and also starting to work full time for Plaid Hat, I really enjoyed this entire year.
- Just spend a lot of good time with family and friends, work a lot, and get my driving license finally.
- I would like it to look like weirdmageddon from Gravity Falls.
- We welcomed our son into the world, and he is incredible. Just a wonderful, laid back, sweet child.
- I want to eat healthier. Having two kids now I don't want to continue setting a poor example, and that includes more devoted family time and family memories as well.
- Honestly, greatest moment of 2015 would be moving to Dallas. It was high time I leave small town, Ohio and being here has been a great experience.
- I hope to release the 2nd book in my Kyle Demore trilogy and get a good start on another book as well.
- NYE: Apocalypse Edition (working board game title?) will likely be a mix of crying nerds, (myself included) who never find out the end of the A Song of Ice and Fire, cyborgs, and zombies. Obviously.
- Probably seeing by kiddo do well and enjoy volleyball.
- Healed foot and better income or at least smoother operations in my business.
- It is going to be very, very warm.
- Mostly the moments I spent acting. I loved performing as Shrek. Shrek was a part I have wanted to play since I found out that musical was good. It encouraged me and reminded me how much I love to perform.
- The "Ball Drop" will be nuclear.
- Seeing people say the Summoner Wars deck I designed was their favorite deck.
- To have my favorite 2015 moment happen again, and also pick up a disc golf ace.
- I envision Mr. Bistro standing atop of a mountain holding a sword in the air while Ryan Seacrest and Carson Daly fight to the death below.
- Seeing Ashes sell out at GenCon. Also Teaching Undead Viking Ashes at GenCon. And meeting all the Plaid Hat volunteers at GenCon. Wait, also, playing games at GenCon with the Plaid Hat crew and Plaid Hat volunteers... so basically GenCon.
- Get on a normal sleep schedule!
- I have seen it, and it is grim indeed! All is dark, streaked in ochre and crimson. It smells of bile and brimstone... but you didn't ask what it smells like. Still all the same, it smells that way too. The mind warps, and consciousness is a struggle, for the cultists have succeeded, Cthulu has awakened!
- Bringing my daughter home for the first time. It seemed so unimaginable when we were sitting in the hospital.
- I need to start treating my body better. This means exercise, something I hate doing. But all that matters now is being there for my daughter.
- I envision myself standing atop a mountain holding a sword in the air while Ryan Seacrest and Carson Daly fight to the death below.