Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Curse of Ret-Talus V: Dungeon of the Stone

Vandur was standing next to is brother Tarza. They were waiting to get summoned they were always the frist ones in to battle and thats how Vandur wanted it. He loved going in frist and pushing people around. That why he was a "burte" as they called is class. His brother was a Rusher always pushing forward, that is how the Vargath work. Even there summoner Sunderved would be on the front line. That met that Vandur would be right there too. So they waited, they knew that any minute now they would be called up, just as soon as that frist wall was up. He seen the light.

"Here we go" said Tarza.

Then they were in the desert. The frist thing he notices was that it was hot. Then he saw that this was a huge battle. He watched Tarza running toward the Benders. He fingered that he would follow too. he was closing in on the summoner when he smacked right in to a wall.
    Mom 3-10-1956 12-16-2008
    Dad 4-22-1961 7-18-2009

A wave of on coming dwarves charged at Tacullu. He looked upon them with disgust and clenched his fist, immediately they disappeared into the void. His forces were succeeding at driving back most of the dwarf forces, but out of the corner of his eyes he noticed that his troops were faultering.

Master, it is I Gulldune, we are unable to reach Vlox or the one called Grognack. They are locked in a struggle and are forces are blocked by several Jungle Elf warriors and we are under fire from the walls.

I shall have to engage Vlox myself, you will take my place against the dwarves and I shall lead the Decievers.

With those words Tacullu seemed to vanish into shadow only to reappear beside Gulldune. He looked upon the battle between Grognack and Vlox and charged. I shall be the one to destroy Vlox not some filthy orc.
    Sera Eldwyn's boyfriend is a filthy cultististist in CoRT Round IX. Why is everyting so dirty, and filthy? I must clean everythings.

Rahlee watches the Archer fall to the ground. "You know, I should probably go save him," she says quietly to herself. Then, she looks over at Elien to see him locked in combat with a Gorilla. "Gorillas?" she says to nobody in particular, "Points for creativity." She shakes her head and swoops toward the abnormally large ape, dodging several arrows on the way.

Shrewsbury, KY (Near Leitchfield and Caneyville)

Well this just great. Why must I always get summoned to fight?

Just then, a giant Goblin arched an arrow at him. But Bragg only rolled his eyes.

You know I shoot ice crystals, right?

And with that, a green swamp-icle blasted the orc from behind.

I dislike using the surrounding water for my ice, but when neccessity calls...

And with that, Bragg continued on the warpath. He just needed to survive long enough to get off this battlefield.

Why must I always get summoned first?
    Though Summoner Wars is fun, Heroscape is still the best.

Default You Only Get One Shot...

She stared at it in horror for a second. The shot was headed straight for Vlox and he wasn't moving. She quickly regained herself.

Rule #15 There is such a thing as screwing up so badly it would take a genie to rectify it. The best solution apart from getting your own genie is to fix it yourself. This requires ingenuity, perseverance, and ideally the ability to shape reality around you. If that last part is not possible, well you work with what you've got even if that means what you've got is the virtual equivalent of dirt so worthless ants would reject it.

She didn't think. She didn't even listen to Anybody. She just shot. At the bullet. She didn't know if it would work or if Vlox would suddenly be a bloody dead summoner and she would be responsible for it. She would probably have to defect. She'd be hailed as a hero by the Benders. She'd probably have to go live with them. She spat at the thought. Fortunately for her, the bullet struck the other bullet and sent the two ricocheting off into useless territory. She grimaced and took a breath.

She had missed consecutive shots, one of which had put her commander in mortal peril. This was a bizarre occurrence to her. Sure, she had missed before but usually she had followed it up with an equally impressive kill shot. She wondered what was wrong with her. She thought she might have been too hasty.

Rule #3 Patience. Patience. Patience. People don't say "Patience is a virtue" because they want you to act like you can't wait for the stupid trader who didn't signal his horse properly and cut you off on the road. Shooting at said trader is not a good idea either. Don't ask how I know this. But anyway, haste will get you killed. Why? Because if you don't take the time to make sure the shot is going to be perfect, it won't be and someone ends up dead. And it's almost never your target. Sure you might get lucky once or twice but making a career as a sniper by simply firing into a crowd is about as good of a decision as covering yourself in raw meat and charging at a pack of lions.

Having properly calmed herself down to the level of raging hurricane, she surveyed the battlefield. Vlox and the orc were still wrestling each other like their lives depended on it, which it probably did. The orc she had shot at earlier had been joined by a goblin and a phoenix elf. Yay. What a nice little party. Too bad she hadn't been invited. She was about ready to launch a welcoming gift of a bullet through their brains.

She stopped. She noticed something. Something wonderful and terrible and wonderfully terrible and terribly wonderful and whatever other combo of those words you can imagine. A Bender was charging toward Vlox and the orc. Not just any Bender. Tackylulu. That wasn't his real name. Tyrrjxkka didn't care. He'd be dead.

Rule #1 for a Bender who wants to live

DO NOT RUN ACROSS A BATTLEFIELD. ESPECIALLY NOT ONE THAT HAS A SNIPER WITH A CLEAR SHOT ON YOU. DOUBLE ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN SAID SNIPER WHO HATES YOUR GUTS MORE THAN SHE HATES REMOVING HER HEART WITH A PAIR OF TWEEZERS AND ALSO IS CAPABLE OF HITTING A SMALL INSECT WITH HER EYES CLOSED AND ON TOP OF A COLLAPSING BRIDGE. THIS IS IN LARGE LETTERS BECAUSE BENDERS PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO READ IT OTHERWISE.

That's what it should be at least. Fortunately for her, Tackylulu hadn't read the nonexistent book "How to Survive: For Benders. A Simple Guide For Idiots and the Like". Unfortunately for him, he hadn't either. This was about to be a fatal problem for him. Not that she cared. Well she did care. Especially about the fatal part. She wanted this to be fatal. She listened carefully for Anybody.

Hitting Tacullu is not the best idea. Yes he's charging toward Vlox but he is hardly your best target. Besides you run the risk of again endangering Vlox.

Screw you Anybody. I'm taking the shot.

Fine. I'll make this exceedingly simple for you since you seem to like endangering the commander of our forces. Aim for him. Simple enough? Hit him before he gets to Vlox. Also simple enough? Oh, and one last thing. Don't be surprised if this blows up in your face. Pun forcefully intended.

I've got my own joke for you. What's blue, stupid, and has a hole in its head?

Enlighten me.

Tackylulu in about a minute.

You're a riot.

She looked back at the battlefield. Tackylulu wasn't there yet. She had time. And this time she wouldn't miss. One dead Tackylulu coming up. Special Delivery.

Bang.

The shot whizzed across the battlefield.
    Dysole is Selundar in the 12 Masks of the Summoner...

Nugzor never heard the bullet fall, and was worried him the most was that a second shot rang out across the sands.

He turned his head and leaned against the Ice Wall, trying to recover enough to go aid his Summoner. He looked up and saw an overly large goblin wobbling towards him and pull a rocking chair out of nowhere. It began talking to him and Nugzor was shocked at the goblin's ability to speak in an understandable dialect. No...I do not need any assistance from a cave dweller. I wouldn't make yourself a target...there's a crazy sniper on the ridge that has me pinned down.

Nugzor got up again and looked towards Grognack and Vlox; the small human was clearly quicker but he was tiring, Grognack knew no such limits and eventually caught him and the two began grappling. At this point, Grognack had the advantage, and there was no way the sniper would risk a shot with the two of them so close together. Nugzor breathed a sigh of relief and began looking for any other threats. Though an enemy, Blarf was of no threat to the elite orc. Suddenly, an arrow came from above trained on Grognack. When he looked up, he saw an archer hanging from a phoenix shooting down on their position. Shortly after, Nugzor heard a scream and then a thud above him. Before he even had time to look up, he was hit on the head by a falling body, the Elven archer had fallen.

Quickly, he began speaking of truce and working together; convenient given the fact that the archer's ankle appeared to be shattered in multiple places. The elf extended his bow to Nugzor as a sign of peace. The orc looked quickly at the bow then back to the archer. You know what is ironic? Those who are quickest to seek a truce or peace are those who just failed to kill their enemy and are asking those they attempted the kill not to do the same to him. So, why should I even consider a truce with you?

You are the soot of the mountain from whence you came, and you shall never see your home again.
    With that, Nugzor rose to his feet and flourished Atgal. Just before striking, he heard another shot ring out from the ridge. He looked behind him to see a new enemy approaching the battle between Vlox and Grognack. You want to help, you stupid elf? Do something about that sniper! That may stem my thirst for blood temporarily. Quickly, Nugzor was gone, moving to intercept the new foe and protect his summoner.
    The Books of Summoner Wars...someone had to do it
    35-27 on Vassal (56%) - MOST RECENT: SE vs VG/thenightsshadow

Vassal Tourney: 3-1 for 3rd Place

KCU's FanFic (updated 6-18-12)

You don't have to worry about me. Said Nana as he pulled out a large Umberella from the Carpet bag. Just in time for some stray bullets to bouce of the open Umberella.
    Always looking for vassal game just PM me or leave a visitor message to play.

Tacullu turned quickly at the sound of a shot being fired. He cursed under his breath, he should have forseen that Vlox would bring a ranged fighter to this arena. And to take matters worse it was most likely a Sniper. Tacullu snapped his fingers and controllers appeared, go to that gunner and kill them immediately,he signaled in the direction he heard the shot come from. They ran off and suddenly he heard the whir of a bullet approaching, he threw himself into the air and spun like a corkscrew and the bullet flew harmlessly by.

At this time he drew very close to the battle between Grognack and Vlox, and he threw himself into the fray.
    Sera Eldwyn's boyfriend is a filthy cultististist in CoRT Round IX. Why is everyting so dirty, and filthy? I must clean everythings.

Shikwa waited until just the right moment to grasp the phoenix's talons. She knew the Elf on top was Rahlee, and soon Shikwa would kill her.
    Unfourtanetly, Shikwa's unexpected weight dragged the phoenix down. The phoenix, Rahlee, and Shikwa landed on Elien and the gorrilla.
    "Oh great,"{she hissed at the gorrilla. "You couldn't have killed him earlier?"She looked at her bow. The string had broken, and her arrows were spewed out everywhere.
    Shikwa pulled out her hunting knives. She never used them, and now seemed like the perfect time to use them. "Well, this could be fun,"she admitted to no one in particular.
    The Ranger's Apprentice is story-telling the Rise of Malevolance as Hershey and Malevolance.
    The CoRT sign-ups are now open! Come join!
    The Ranger's Apprentice is 1 of 5 in CoRT.

Brother Myron stopped to watch the battle around him. He was still quite sick from all the carnage around him. He saw Vlox being overwhelmed by a giant, bloodthirsty orc. A sniper silently picking off targets in the fray. A goblin in a rocking chair? But his gaze swung back to Vlox, who was quickly falling to blows from the massive giant.

T...this should not be.... B...balance is needed i...in thi...this world. Without h...him, balance wou...would crumble.

Sending up a prayer to Byrne for strength, he called to a pair of Gem Mages to follow him. He led the way, the Mages blazing a path with their magic, aided by Myron's words read from the Book of Life. They reaching the two grappling Summoners, and Myron almost fainted again at the sight and smell of Grognack at close range.

If only Brother Tyron were here. He thought. He would know what to do.

He started chanting, a low, monotonous sound, hardly heard to those engaged in combat. Reading straight from the book, words thousands of years old, written by previous Masters of the secret society of the Scholars, a history, guidance, and protection for them.

All life began in darkness. And that is how it stayed for thousands of years. Hidden beneath the surface of a waking world, we came. Created from diamond, formed by the hand of Halmore, the Deep Dwarves rose to power. Others followed, but none as old or powerful as those formed by the hand of a God. We were given powers. Powers to do Halmore's bidding. A part of him lives in every one of us. I call upon the will of Halmore, aided by Byrne, to aid my fellow dwarves in battle, not for the sake of personal gain!

The Mages were enveloped in a glow, the part of Halmore in them having been unlocked to their conscious. Power coursed through them. And they attacked. With Vlox, they beat back Grognack, through a barage of blasts of magic. Grognack growled in fury. He backed off from his assault, somehow calming his bloodlust. There would be another time.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast