Thread: Have you watched Thor and...

Default Have you watched Thor and...

...the first 5 minute of the movie you immediately think of SW? ..not a spoiler btw since you'll see them so early

With the Tundra Orcs (Frost Giant) battling Guild Dwarves (Asgardians)... and the similarity dont stop here, the king of Asgardians is Odin which is pretty much Oldin, they both got white bushy beard for crying out loud lol, then you got Thorkur which spell and card art look similar to Thor with the red cape and stuff

Those Frost Giant's minion in the movie also look hell lot like TO's fighter especially how they stand around group up together, their leader also reminds me of Grognack with their red eyes!! ... then there is that Krung-like beast
    Last edited by Sauam; 05-11-2011 at 04:32 AM.

i always thought of the Tundra Orcs as a version of the Ice Giants. Not quite Marvel one's, but the most lore/generic sort.

Btw, opinion of the movie? I on the fence to go and watch it still, thought reports have been good. I guess it's more classic Thor than Ultimate Thor version.

Movie was meh but entertaining nonetheless, it aint no Iron 1 or Batman for sure

It's meant to be a pop corn action flick with a little bit more hearts to the script

Oh and dont watch it in 3D, not worth it and 3D loses lot of color in the movie, making it look blend

I was actually considering starting this thread after seeing it last weekend. However, I was going to compare Thor to Gror (Hammer Quake!) and I feel like Marvel (and furthermore the Norse) had the ideas before Truth did. Besides, I've always called Oldin Odin. It's just such an obvious reference.

Yeah, stereotypical dwarves, like the GD, have always been knid of Norse.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

The first thing I thought of when I saw the movie was that the Frost Giants were TO. Grognack was the leader and there was Krung (who went out like a chump).

Also I kept calling Odin, Oldin.

more like the first minute, not five

The FG king even has an Artifact of Power that enables him to cast Icy Spells!

Though that wimpy giant ice dog did not look at all like Krung, IMO.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

Yeah! I watched the Thor movie, this is the greatest movie that I have ever seen before but the suspense of avengers is included in this movie is not so good but better luck for next time for a single movie.

Click Here
    Last edited by Calviin_carl; 10-31-2013 at 01:10 AM.