Thread: The Book of Glarg

Default The Book of Glarg

The Book of Glarg
    Champion of the Swamp Orcs - Master Set

Bio: The elf hunters crept through the vine-choked ruins of the battlefield, wary of running into any survivors. “I think that’s all of them,” said Qaella, but her companion still looked around anxiously, her spear at the ready. “Meira’s sake, would you look at that wall?” Qaella asked. A mass of vines grew in a jumpled pile over the corpse of a dead elf Guardian.

And then she saw it – angry eyes watching her from the vines. His body was obscured by the writhing vines, but whether the vines merely covered the orc, or grew from his body, Qaella could not say. She gave a cry, but it was too late. The orc gave a savage howl, and the vines shot out from the wall in a groping, strangling mass.

Rulings and Clarifications
    N/A

Community Contributions
    N/A
    Last edited by Phoenixio; 09-20-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Okay, I'm not sure I can say anything that would do this guy justice. I might just have a new favorite champ, he is awesome. His ability to boost attack on a vine-wall card is awesome and than to become a ranged fighter as well, to cool.
    Sera Eldwyn's boyfriend is a filthy cultististist in CoRT Round IX. Why is everyting so dirty, and filthy? I must clean everythings.

Not feeling this Champ, it rely on Vine wall too much, even to the point he/she will need to stay on the wall

Without the wall, it just one big overcosted unit... and all enemy unit has to do is stay on your vine wall and this Champ has no where to go

Quote Originally Posted by Sauam View Post
    Not feeling this Champ, it rely on Vine wall too much, even to the point he/she will need to stay on the wall

Without the wall, it just one big overcosted unit... and all enemy unit has to do is stay on your vine wall and this Champ has no where to go
    You're assuming there's only going to be a few vine walls ;-) While he probably has the least exciting power, he's the one who gets the most consistent play when I use him because he's easier to get out than the other two. At least with the way I play there is almost always a wall for him to sit on

Quote Originally Posted by Sauam View Post

Is it? 1 more than Reeker and Kragg but with a movement ability, a +AV ability and a convert to range attack ability. Granted it relies on the Vine Wall, but with the Vine Wall, it becomes an undercosted unit

How about a hand for Glarg? 3 attack, 6 life, 5 cost, ranged with the caveat that he must always be on a vinewall. That's a fantastic stat spread. I mean, he's the strongest of the Swamp Orc's three champions for crying out loud. And the lowest cost. Lack of mobility is a small price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by esper88 View Post
    Lack of mobility is a small price to pay.
    He can still move, he just has to end on a vine wall to get his bonus. Otherwise, he's still a respectable champ, with 2 attack and 6 life, which isn't terrible.

But yeah, he's the only SO champ that I always get out, and sometimes the only one that I get out >_<

This guy is the reason I would wanna play the SO!
    Mark my words Sir Sharpie, this is a duel of the Crayons!!