Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How to play Summoner Wars online using Vassal

Btw, for all those lazy that haven't done it yet, here's a file to place in your Vassal folder, it's the standard deck for all the factions released so far. Just load the deck, put all the cards on the board, your summoner is always the last one. Then Use this deck. Ready to go in 5 secs.

Edit: all decks corrected and uploaded!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PePe QuiCoSE; 04-16-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Has anybody tried to instal Vassal lately? I tried downloading and tried to instal on August 27th and got some weird timeout error during the instal.
    Has anybody else seen this?
    Last edited by Obsidian; 03-12-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Added a question to the FAQ explaining how to move a card to the bottom of the Draw Pile.

Also at some point someone (possibly me) needs to clean up and revamp this guide. It looks sloppy and unprofessional

my connection is a bit bad here, but the SO deck from the files have one extra shaman, will re upload as soon as i can. No idea what plans you have Clar but adding them to the main post would give them more visibility (once fixed, that is).
    edit: fixed!
    Last edited by PePe QuiCoSE; 04-16-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Hello, I'm new to vassal and am still tinkering around with it to learn how it works (the tutorial was a huge help thank you). But I was wondering if summoner wars on vassal is playable offline with two people using the same computer taking turns? I ask because I would like to play through a whole game or two to get a feel for how things work before I attempt to play online so I don't make a complete fool out of myself.

It is indeed playable offline. You would just have to hide your hands from each other since it would be visible to both normally.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by thenightsshadow View Post
    It is indeed playable offline. You would just have to hide your hands from each other since it would be visible to both normally.
    Alright thank you. So basically both people would be playing as summoner 1 and I'd just have to click on each card and change control so the borders are different colors? I also gather that everyone playing on vassal is on the honor system.

It'd be more like, even though you play as Summoner 1, your opponent can use the Summoner 2 hand. You just have to close the Summoner 1 hand during Summoner 2's turn, and vice versa.

And yes, everyone on VASSAL is playing on the honor system, though it's less of an issue on online play since being different players on a game gives some advantages to the online functionality.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
    Now because I'm writing this tutorial at 5 in the morning for some reason, there's no one else online right now.

Every night at 3AM EST (near as we can tell) the Vassal server shuts down and restarts. If you find yourself playing near to this hour, you need to get a life. Oh, and also probably you should save the game before the restart and load it back up after you reboot Vassal.
    Hmm... Something isn't quite right...
    Last edited by I LIKE TAU!; 06-26-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

bumping this out of usefulness

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast