Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: How to play Summoner Wars online using Vassal

Hello Vassal people. I have been experimenting with the vassal module to see what customizations I can do. I have successfully added roller buttons for multiple dice and the Neoprene game board. These are of course completely preferential but I was wondering who knows what goes into adding an update to the Vassal site. This was more than anything just practice for myself so that I can learn to build a module for a prototype game but since its functional, I thought I might add it as a small update.

Edit: I am now working on putting copies of all usable units under the "commons" and "champions" tabs for respective alliances. IE Benders and Deep Dwarf units under the Deep Benders tabs. and Visa-Versa

Edit Again: After several hours of copy/paste, I now have all units under the faction tabs in which they can be used. As for uploading this update, do I need permission or something? I'm new to this.
    Last edited by GeneralRolando; 06-04-2015 at 12:58 AM.

I'm in the process of setting this up on my computer and getting the hang of it. Does it still get used for online play? Is there any system for arranging games, or is it busy enough that you can just log in and find someone?

Unfortunately the vassal lobby is usually pretty empty, but I believe you'd be able to schedule games with people via the forums here.

Thanks. I'll mess around a bit more offline and then maybe try to arrange something once I'm at least approximately competent with the interface.

Hey, is there any chance we could get this thread moved over to "SW community"? Seems odd that it's stickied under "SW General discussion" instead of being with the rest of the VASSAL-related threads.

I have a couple questions. I've yet to play a game in vassal, but I'm messed around with it and I believe I can do most things. However, I don't see a number by the magic pile telling me how many cards are in the pile currently. Is that just the way it is and you either have to remember your magic pile count, or is there a way to quickly see how many cards are in the pile.

Also, how do you draw the line of sight lines?

Quote Originally Posted by KBurg7 View Post
    I have a couple questions. I've yet to play a game in vassal, but I'm messed around with it and I believe I can do most things. However, I don't see a number by the magic pile telling me how many cards are in the pile currently. Is that just the way it is and you either have to remember your magic pile count, or is there a way to quickly see how many cards are in the pile.

Also, how do you draw the line of sight lines?
    I seem to remember there is a small number next to the magic and draw pile, not sure why you dont see it.

To draw lines, there is a button ... I am online right now join me and Inll show you.

Okay, I just logged on.

A lot of friendly guys and gals that will help you get things set-up and don't mind that you fiddle around.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314