Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Lun

Default The Book of Lun

The Book of Lun
    Champion of the Deep Dwarves - Master Set

Bio: The patriarch of Clan Lun leads the most powerful of all the Stone Clans. Among his arsenal of gems is the heirloom known as the Gem of Calling. There are those who claim Clan Lun’s power comes from that gem, and its ability to magically transport friends and foes. There are also those who believe the gem is actually a fragment of a Summoning Stone, hence its similar nature to those rarest of artifacts.

Rulings and Clarifications
    Q: Can Gem of Calling target my units and my opponent's?
    A: Yes. You can only use the ability once per turn, but it can be any Common Unit within 4 spaces of Lun.

Community Contributions
    N/A
    Last edited by Phoenixio; 09-20-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Compare to Sprog and Kynder, I think Lun will be the most valuable Champion for this faction. Although he may not lost very long, it allows DD players to get a nearby unit adjacent to Lun and then surround the opponent's unit to get at least 4 (Lun and Miner) to 5 (Lun and Gem Mage) attack value.

Just musing. I think Vermins will be good complements to both Lun and Kynder's abilities. Lun can call for a Vermin next to his side and then move them near to a space with crowded units and Kynder can simply push them forward two spaces into strategic position.

The more I think about it, the more I feel Lun here is actually "the" Champ of DD, not Kynder which are design for defensive maneuver more. Sprog are just fun unit but he likely won't win you any game

Once you get him out, just form a fortress around him and suck in your opp's unit one by one for the execution... once you pick off enough of their unit, then advance forward for the kill. That 4 spaces of suckage is really huge
    Last edited by Sauam; 04-19-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauam View Post
    Once you get him out, just form a fortress around him and suck in your opp's unit one by one for the execution... once you pick off enough of their unit, then advance forward for the kill. That 4 spaces of suckage is really huge

Ah yes! I forgot Lun's can also target at the opponent's commons. This is great. DD can form a V shape formation with a centre space for Lun's to call the opponent's common unit and then 'gang bang' the unit from three sides (which may be an overkill for 1 Life common). (See below)

Miner | Opp's Unit | Gem Mage
    Scholar | Lun | Empty

Basically, the other units act at insurance just in case Lun's fail on his 3 dice roll. However, I believe Lun will only need to have one supporting unit rather than two. In addition, if Lun is supported by a Scholar, his attack value will be raised to 4!!! This is powerful for a cost 4 Champion.

Thanks for the idea, Saum. Your idea is better than calling on my own commons

You're taking a gamble is bringing in one of your opponents units. There's the possibility that you don't kill you're opponents unit and then they could kill Lun. Not to say that Lun couldn't be usefull, he definitely could I'm just saying
    Sera Eldwyn's boyfriend is a filthy cultististist in CoRT Round IX. Why is everyting so dirty, and filthy? I must clean everythings.

What would be better is if you called a common that was between the opponent summoner and one of your champs...
    Last edited by Infection Reflection; 04-19-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Infection Reflection
    is 1-2 in CoRT.

Infection Reflection lost as Raselm the PE Archer, a NW in the Dungeon of the Stone.

Infection Reflection won as Krung in Mindtrick Manor as a ZW.

Infection Reflection lost as Mugglug in the Battle of the Stone as a S.

Infection Reflection won as Sneeks the Empath in the Fortune of Goblin Princess Kreeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sera Eldwyn's boyfriend View Post
    ...There's the possibility that you don't kill you're opponents unit and then they could kill Lun. ...
    true but chance are you will wipe the floor on their common when you suck them into your fortress, with around like 6-7 combine attack value and all

Lun is really powerful, so much possibility, suck them through walls, or into one, move your own unit into battle... etc

He would be good against the Vanguards...
    Infection Reflection
    is 1-2 in CoRT.

Infection Reflection lost as Raselm the PE Archer, a NW in the Dungeon of the Stone.

Infection Reflection won as Krung in Mindtrick Manor as a ZW.

Infection Reflection lost as Mugglug in the Battle of the Stone as a S.

Infection Reflection won as Sneeks the Empath in the Fortune of Goblin Princess Kreeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Infection Reflection View Post
    He would be good against the Vanguards...
    thats about it though, so far I really don't like the deep dwarves

Quote Originally Posted by the mouth of sauron View Post
    thats about it though,
    I am at lost here, any faction will be afraid of having their common pull out and pretty much kill in one turn. I don't see why only vg be the only "it", every faction will not be prepare for having their unit execute turn by turn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast