Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Curse of Sairook

Default The Curse of Sairook

Peace to Itharia. None spoke of it. None dared to give voice to hope, for fear that their voices would blow it back to the realm of shadowed myth from whence it came. But for the first time in millennia, hope was there, and it lingered over the cities of Itharia like new-fallen dew.

A great alliance, of all nations of Itharia. One final uniting of the Summoners to vanquish the Rotten King once and for all, and peacefully divide the land among its inhabitants. Who had masterminded this great hope for Itharia nobody knew. A Summons had been sent anonymously to the leaders of eight of the greatest nations of Itharia, and although all suspected a trap, none dared neglect this last, greatest chance at peace and power.

The meeting place was to be the once-great castle of Greyhaven, a crumbling ruin which no faction had even bothered to conquer and fortify. That and its central location made it ideal as a neutral meeting ground.

And so, on the 11th day of the 11th month of the 1,111th year of the War of the Summoners, a host of ambassadors, champions, bodyguards, and Mercenary interpreters filed into the keep of Greyhaven Castle. The central meeting room, hung with molded tapestries, lit by magical fires flaming from tarnished brass braziers, and dominated by a huge table of rough-hewn limestone, resounded for first time in a millennium with nervous chatter as all took their seats and waited for the meeting to commence. And at the 11th hour of the day, there was a noise like thunder as the doors of the keep were shut and bolted from the outside.

DO NOT POST!
    Carl the Sword Grounder has seen worse than . . .
    Rallul's Banquet
    Harrumff.

Instantly, the chatter of before is replaced by shouts of fear and outrage. Bodyguards and Champions jump up from their tables, hastily drawing weapons and knocking bowstrings. In the confusion it is several seconds before anyone notices the appearance of an additional member of the conference. He sits in the eagle-taloned wooden chair on the highest dais, regarding the proceedings with amusement. Finally, all eyes find him and the noise subsides.

Greetings, all.

Sairook rises from his seat and and walks to the edge of the dais. He surveys the negotiators with lazy interest as he steps onto the great stone table and walks down its length with what seems to be a self-satisfied smile on his strange features.

You sit down may.
    There no sense is in anger.

There more of you are than Sairook hoped.
    Ret-Talus a poor choice of servants has made.

What are you talking about?
    Growled General Farthen of the Vanguards, half rising from his seat again. We came here to negotiate, not be insulted.

Let us not words mince.
    Sairook draws a dagger from his bandolier and tosses it to himself, catching it with the distracted confidence of the master.
    You here to make peace are not.
    Ret-Talus's reign long ago over your domain has stretched.
    Your allegiance his powers already have won.

I the power of the Rotten King know.
    All Itharia under his sway is.
    You, his puppets, this understand well.

Be quiet, you daft bird!! Farthen's face is a beet red. His chair clatters to the floor behind him as he jumps fully to his feet. The Vanguards are a free people, and always will be! This idiotic conspiracy theory has gone far enough...

Silence!!!

Sairook's face contorts into an ugly sneer as he whirls around to point an accusing finger at Farthen. The dagger is no longer in his hand. For another second, there is confused silence, and again eyes stare wildly around the room. General Farthen's face turns from red to white as he freezes, then topples backward to the ground, with Sairook's dagger protruding from the side of his neck.

Shocked silence reigns in the room. Sairook turns and walks back towards his dais. As his back is turned, a Phoenix Elf Archer looses an arrow at the back of Sairook's head. But by the time the arrow reaches him, Sairook is no longer there. In a puff of feathers, he disappears. There is a second burst of feathers behind the Archer, and a third as Sairook appears again seated at his chair. The Archer falls to the ground as Farthen did, this time with the knife through his heart.

Sairook that there will be no more interruptions trusts.
    You Puppets of Ret-Talus peace to Itharia will bring after all.
    Once you dead are, your loss every powerful faction in Itharia will cripple.
    Sairook's liberating army, the Zealous Order of Meddlers, we last Bastion of Itharian E mancipation, will all of Itharia unite with one swift stroke.
    Not even the Rotten King before the banner of Sairook will stand!!

But Sairook simply kill you will not.
    Too simple that would be.
    Sairook you will give one last chance at liberation.
    Ret-Talus' servants his favorite game will play.
    You the agony of the hunted will know for days, and your impending demise will feel.
    When Ret-Talus your corpses resurrects, you the horror of the Curse of Sairook will tell him, before he too conquered is by the wrath of Sairook!

The rules of this game simple are.
    Sairook's blades coated with a powerful neurotoxin are.
    They cause complete paralysis will, but kill will not, unless necessary.
    Three of Sairook's spies, the agents of ZOMBIE, hidden among you are.
    Each day one vote you all will have, to determine who Sairook will paralize.
    Each night, the ZOMBIEs one to paralyze will choose.
    Some of you special roles have, to aid you in your futile quest for freedom.
    Sairook this evening will return for your first decision.

With another puff of feathers, Sairook disappears, and this time he does not return.

DO NOT POST! YOU CAN HANG ON FOR ANOTHER HALF AN HOUR!
    Rallul's Banquet
    Harrumff.

Some friendly reminders before we start: there is to be no destructive RP or controlling of another person's character. Don't reveal your identity to anyone you don't trust, don't trust anyone, because they're probably lying. If you have any questions with rules, roles, or anything else, feel free to PM me. Above all, play fair and have fun!

It is now Day 1 in the Curse of Sairook until Wednesday, April 13th, at 9:00 pm EST. The following players are trapped in the Curse of Sairook (in order of signup).

Marroking1 - Ragnor
    Sera Eldwyn's boyfriend - Guardian Knight
    KCU Master 2007 - Gorilla
    chardris77 - Gulldune
    TylerStroud - Shaman
    Killer Lawnmower - Cavalry Knight
    thenightsshadow - Laleya
    jsmkd - The Admiral
    RoloCookie - Mook
    prometheuslkr - Naan'Nashi
    Thing 2 - Makeinda Ru
    Jebuh214 - Khan Queso
    The Dragonrider - Scam
    Ninjaman1993 - Halvor
    Rallul's Banquet
    Harrumff.

"OHH AHH AHH AHA!!" The massive gorilla screams and pounds the ground in fury, then the wall beside him. The ground and wall are both significantly damaged and the age of the fortress is apparent.

AH, oh oh, Ah!" The gorilla pounds the floor again then stops and sniffs the air. He looks at the wall to his left, the one he had already damaged and pummels it again. A gaping hole appears and the gorilla disappears into the next room...
    The Books of Summoner Wars...someone had to do it
    35-27 on Vassal (56%) - MOST RECENT: SE vs VG/thenightsshadow

Vassal Tourney: 3-1 for 3rd Place

KCU's FanFic (updated 6-18-12)

Quote Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
    "OHH AHH AHH AHA!!" The massive gorilla screams and pounds the ground in fury, then the wall beside him. The ground and wall are both significantly damaged and the age of the fortress is apparent.

AH, oh oh, Ah!" The gorilla pounds the floor again then stops and sniffs the air. He looks at the wall to his left, the one he had already damaged and pummels it again. A gaping hole appears and the gorilla disappears into the next room...
    "Hmmm this monkey seems to know where he is going I Ragnor shall follow him" Ragnor exits the room.
    Always looking for vassal game just PM me or leave a visitor message to play.

A deep thrumming was heard beyond the doors of the great hall, where the captors were held. It reverbrated around the walls of a castle, giving off an eerie aura. The main doors of the hall slammed open with a bang and a mounted rider galloped into the room atop a haughty steed. It reered up on its hind legs, and gave off an enormous whinny, before dropping back to the ground. The rider dismounted, stepping with the ease of a warrior accustomed to action. He walked, slowly, proudly, to the center of the hall...

Hello, my comrades. I am Sir Walter, Commander of the 32nd mounted cavalry and member of the elite task force founded by the Vanguard Knights. And this, is my most trusted ally, Kicker, who has saved my life many a time, and probably smarter than a lot of you. So let this nonsense commence...

Sir Walter walked back to his horse, who neighed in response to his comforting hand. Walter gazed into his eyes and a secret understanding passed between the two friends. He led Kicker over to a corner of the room where he laid out some water and oats for the exhausted horse.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

Sir Gilliam watched with disinterest as the Gorilla and Ragnor walked through the hole. He drew his sword and said "Myfriends, we must seek to find a way to find our enemies, the spies that the vile bird spoke of. We the free peoples of Itharia must stand firm against this new threat.
    Sera Eldwyn's boyfriend is a filthy cultististist in CoRT Round IX. Why is everyting so dirty, and filthy? I must clean everythings.

My you know how to make yourself heard Sir Walter, but I feel slightly insulted that one of my own breathren finds a horse smarter than me. My Rank as Captain of the Guard should imply as to my intellectual level.
    Sera Eldwyn's boyfriend is a filthy cultististist in CoRT Round IX. Why is everyting so dirty, and filthy? I must clean everythings.

Sadly, there was very little that the gorilla could do to show his intelligence to the others trapped in the main room.

But, for the more immediate concern. He knew that there were bananas somewhere in this room...he could smell them. If only that foul smelling orc would leave...he's masking the smell. WAIT, there. A loud crash echoed through the halls as the gorilla grabbed his prize, a full bunch of perfectly ripe bananas. Prize in hand, he pushed past the orc and returned to the main hall.

Now...belly full. Speak others must I... The gorilla began making hand gestures to the others in the cave. Were it not for the banana in his mouth like a cigar, there would continue to be a large amount of screeching. No they understand...
    The Books of Summoner Wars...someone had to do it
    35-27 on Vassal (56%) - MOST RECENT: SE vs VG/thenightsshadow

Vassal Tourney: 3-1 for 3rd Place

KCU's FanFic (updated 6-18-12)

Khan Queso stood up and scratched his head. His fur was matted and disgusting. Several flies buzzed around his head, and he quickly drew his short sword and swiped at one of them. It fell into his open palm, and he threw it into his mouth, and swallowed.

Some of his fellow prisoners looked on in disgust at him as he smiled revealing several yellowed, chipped, and out of place teeth. He put his blade back within it's sheath, and sneezed yellow, and green mucus everywhere.

Hola, soy Queso Khan, mercenario, y dirigente de la Dugalla.

I le ayudará a todos en alguna manera puedo. *ACHOO!* Perdón. tengo un leve resfriado.

The Dugalla sat down in the chair where Sairook had originally been, and used his long sleeve to wipe his nose. Then he drew a small flask made of what appeared to be the skull of an orc, and began to drink, eagerly awaiting what would come.
    "BRA GABRAHAHAGABA"
    "(ME MUGGLUG!)"
    "And I'm Maldaria... in The Twelve Masks of The Summoner"

"Now remember... Don't spam Rune Mages and never use Rallul."
    GLISA OFFICIAL RECORD: 4th Place
    2-3 (751 Summoner Strength Points)

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast