Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by sitnam90 View Post
    This I dont quite get. Most weapons are meant for killing, not just guns. Guns have more practical purposes (hunting) then some other weapons, like swords.
    Speaking from that point of view (which I don't necessarily agree with, I've just examined it for quite some time), you can't go into a mall, airport, movie theater, or school and rapidly end the lives of many people with a sword.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

. On the reverse side, physically smaller/weaker people couldnt defend themselves as efficiently with a sword. Not really what I was shooting for in this topic though, so I'll just end that here

. On the reverse side, physically smaller/weaker people couldnt defend themselves as efficiently with a sword. Not really what I was shooting for in this topic though, so I'll just end that here
    Being allowed to own more lethal firearms for self-defense, in all honesty, is a fundamentally flawed stance. They would not need such weapons to defend themselves, if these weapons weren't already in the hands of criminals. I am personally of the opinion that there isn't really a need to ban many guns, as I could count on one hand the number of guns that are even worth considering banning. However, making it harder for people to obtain them, particularly those afflicted with mental states that leave them unbalanced and dangerous, would be a welcome and wise change.

Also, back to the topic of this thread, I personally find guns distasteful, and don't care for firing them. I find that this opinion is more or less shared by many people of our hobby, for whatever reason. I was not surprised that this thread got the responses that it did.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).

Not really what I was shooting for in this topic though, so I'll just end that here
    I found a pun better than Innocent's.
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Colgha View Post
    I found a pun better than Innocent's.
    Nope. You really didn't. Bite the bullet and realize that rather than going off half-cocked, shooting blanks, and being a loose cannon, it would be better not to shoot yourself in the foot. You're in my crosshairs now!

Boom. Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom. I can go all day, you son of a gun.

Boom!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Being allowed to own more lethal firearms for self-defense, in all honesty, is a fundamentally flawed stance. They would not need such weapons to defend themselves, if these weapons weren't already in the hands of criminals. I am personally of the opinion that there isn't really a need to ban many guns, as I could count on one hand the number of guns that are even worth considering banning. However, making it harder for people to obtain them, particularly those afflicted with mental states that leave them unbalanced and dangerous, would be a welcome and wise change.
    Because knives and blunt instruments and bare fists and all manner of other assault implements don't exist, eh?

Not that I'm going to argue with you. Just shooting from the hip.

(Boom)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInnocent View Post
    Nope. You really didn't. Bite the bullet and realize that rather than going off half-cocked, shooting blanks, and being a loose cannon, it would be better not to shoot yourself in the foot. You're in my crosshairs now!

Boom. Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom. I can go all day, you son of a gun.

Boom!

Because knives and blunt instruments and bare fists and all manner of other assault implements don't exist, eh?

Not that I'm going to argue with you. Just shooting from the hip.

(Boom)
    Ya know, I'm really pissed right now, because I missed sitnam's original pun. As for knives, bare fists, and other melee weapons, yes they do exist. And one has every right to defend themselves from that. The thing is, guns are a lot more dangerous because they make it easier to kill a large amount of people in a very quick time. If I walk into a mall, and stab someone, I probably won't the chance to kill any people beyond the original target. (And I may not even kill him, as the human body is remarkably resistant to stab wounds anywhere below the neck.) If I walk into a mall, and shoot someone, you can bet that I will have plenty more chances to shoot some more people. Guns are more lethal. Now, I'll repeat it again, I don't support banning guns. We have a right to them. I am just of the opinion that we should be a little more responsible with who can legally obtain them, and implement things such as more detailed background checks. Stricter penalties to sellers who don't follow through on these checks. Fact of the matter is, guns were made for killing. Whether its for killing animals or killing people, all firearms were designed with the intent to kill a living thing. We should all be a little more cautious with them, and do our best to keep them out of the hands of wack-jobs.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

Ya know, I'm really pissed right now, because I missed sitnam's original pun
    The saddest thing about your whole rant is...that really was an unintended pun. Like I was saying, didnt really want a gun debate topic. Just happened to know if anyone else here liked guns, what kind of guns they enjoy to shoot, etc. I'm not engaging in debate with anyone, I made that (semi) clear my third post. I was puzzled by TNS' opinions in regards to other weapons, but by no means do I want to get into a heated political topic on PHG.

The saddest thing about your whole rant is...that really was an unintended pun. Like I was saying, didnt really want a gun debate topic. Just happened to know if anyone else here liked guns, what kind of guns they enjoy to shoot, etc. I'm not engaging in debate with anyone, I made that (semi) clear my third post. I was puzzled by TNS' opinions in regards to other weapons, but by no means do I want to get into a heated political topic on PHG.
    My bad if I came off that way, I am not trying to get into a heated debate either. I guess it's just such a controversial topic, that for someone like me who loves debating, it's hard to not start turning into an argument.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

I was actually on the debate team in high school, so I like a good discussion too. Its mostly right tine at the right place for me.

I have a DL-44 that I love. It is getting a bit old now and doesn't always shoot as fast as I'd like.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12