Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webcomics

+1 For xkcd, PhD comics, and Order of the Stick. I read Erf for a while, but it didn't really click.

The only new comic I'll recommend is actually an old one that ended a while ago, but it may be of interest to some readers here: 8-bit Theater

Also, I dressed as Dr McNinja for Halloween a few years ago. I went to three different parties, but only one person recognized the character. The costume was great, but it was a pain to eat and drink with the ninja-mask-thing.

Quote Originally Posted by r0gershrubber View Post
    The costume was great, but it was a pain to eat and drink with the ninja-mask-thing.
    Clearly you are not a ninja

Just a question about Order of the Stick... I started reading it a few days ago, and I've gone through all 799 already. About how often is it updated with a new strip?

in the front page Rich Burlew says it's at random with no previous notice. In practice that has been around two a month unfortunately.

An oldie but still my favorite... Sluggy Freelance. Start here, at the beginning:
    http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/970825

After a couple months the storylines start to get more in-depth and the art begins to improve. Gotta stick with it through the first year before you judge.

Over the years it's gone to some dark/serious places with long storylines. Those were always annoying while they were happening but if you just read through the archives they're great.

Sluggy Freelance began way back in 1997. There's a certain segment of the webcomic community that despises it, but I love it.

Default Wow, so many comics

Webcomics I read:
    Penny Arcade - so good, and the news/blog part is interesting to read too.
    XKCD - 'Nuff said. Pretty sure it's been described in this thread already, or everyone already knows it.
    Questionable Content - Good storyline, interesting characters and humour. Plus - 5 updates a week!
    MS Paint Adventures - Read Homestuck. Don't be daunted by the 5997 pages :S It's about a game. And trolls.

And the less SFW ones:
    Menage a 3 - About a nerdy guy with two female housemates - a big-chested french girl, and rock chick.
    Oglaf - VERY NSFW. Humour-filled. Look at it if you're over 18.

Looking at some of the comic people have suggested, they sound really cool Might have to start reading some of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
    Just a question about Order of the Stick... I started reading it a few days ago, and I've gone through all 799 already. About how often is it updated with a new strip?
    I usually find if you check every two weeks there are enough to keep you busy for a while.
    Haaaaaa WON as Baldar in The Fortune of Princess Kreeps

Haaaaaa (#597663)
    Disco Bandit
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Clan name:Creamcheese 35 Familiars

Clan title: Cleverly Titled Zodiac the Blender

Kingdom of Loathing

www.kingdomofloating.com

Default Comics I read

I read
    Order of the Stick: It's been mentioned already
    Dominic Deegan: This is about a seer who basically fights evil a lot and has characters that die and then come back. This is one of the only manga type comic I read. ( I usually avoid reading them.) Dominic Deegan is interesting and easy to get into if you relate to him. Good thing about it is that the artwork gets better the further you go on. The comic has been running for 7 or 8 years now. I recommend it.
    XKCD: Already mentioned
    Haaaaaa WON as Baldar in The Fortune of Princess Kreeps

Haaaaaa (#597663)
    Disco Bandit
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Clan name:Creamcheese 35 Familiars

Clan title: Cleverly Titled Zodiac the Blender

Kingdom of Loathing

www.kingdomofloating.com

Default Here's my List

I read: (from favourite to least)

OOTS
    Erf World
    Dilbert
    Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
    Amazing Super Powers
    Dorkly
    Questionable Content
    Cyanide and Happiness
    The Oatmeal
    XKCD
    The WAREHOUSE
    Buttersafe
    Dinosaur Comics
    Copper
    Wondermark
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Just started reading a new one called Ctrl-Alt-Dlt. It's about current events in video games, so some people don't really get it, but I like it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast