Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Webcomics

Default Webcomics

This thread is for us all to post your favorite webcomics and give a brief description/reason why it's awesome and worth checking.

The first webcomcic that came to mind (and actually was going to make the post only about that) was this one: Erfworld
    It's about a fantasy world which is governed with game-like rules. Imagine Grognack standing still waiting for his turn to arrive while all the little Goblins are hitting his life away. I think this one is the most related to the SumWars ideal. The comic is not great for it's humour, but for it's intelligent pop references and world description.

Girl Genius is a Hugo winner comic which sprawls a looot of pages (it's been going on for years) in a "gas-lamp fantasy" type, very similar to Steam Punk. This is about Sparks, Mad Scientist, which truly go mad but can make death rays out of a honey pot. Fun world to live in.

This one won't need presentation for most related to Dungeons and Dragons due to its popularity because Order of the Stick is quite well known. The audience is for D&D players really and it has superb humour for it's first 200 pages or so. Then it becomes more about the story and it might suit you or not. The forums there also have a great WebComic Forum for those avid for discussion of these and other webcomcis. Actually Erfworld started in this website so there are still a lot of great threads there about the first book.

And as a bonus, another developed one: DcMcninja is as awesome as a Ninja can be being a Doctor as a day job.

Wanted to answer for a while, but got addicted to Erfworld... Nice finding!

Otherwise, I follow a nice webcomic called PHD Comics. It's a serie of panels with jokes on universities and its student, particularly the graduate student. Tons of fun if you've been in that universe already!

Other well known serie: XKCD. Minimal drawings, lots of sarcasm, and pretty much anything can be a joke. Joke number 640 got me laughing for a few minutes already!

Questionable Content.
    Least I Could Do
    "Your existence is revoked. Scatter as chaff in the Wind; in the north and endless ice. I'll be your chauffeur."

Erfworld is great, looks like I'll be busy.
    "Your existence is revoked. Scatter as chaff in the Wind; in the north and endless ice. I'll be your chauffeur."

The main character is strange to read since I have nothing in common with him(exact opposites) except for the strategy gaming aspect @[email protected]

Goblins is a good webcomic.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Tisroero View Post
    Questionable Content.
    Least I Could Do
    Revival of dead thread but this.

www.leasticoulddo.com

www.lfgcomic.com

Both godlike.
    I am AMALIA the Shadow Elf Scout in Tundle's Counterattack

I'm a huge fan of Dinosaur Comics. Very random, hilarious characters, and the basis of the comic is pretty funny too.

I followed What Do You Do for a while, but they eventually started creating pages too fast for me, and I lost track of it a little ways into Chapter 2. Any ways it's an excellent webcomic, as is proven by this clip. Several of the pages are flash animations/games. Plus, if you get really big into it, you can decide what happens. I highly reccomend it to anyone with a long enough attention span.

Pretty much all I read is Cyanide and Happiness, plus XKCD, but that's already been mentioned.

Oh yeah, and Hyperboly and a half occasionally.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast