Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Warriors (Mountain Vargaths)

Default The Book of Warriors (Mountain Vargath)

The Book of Warriors
    Common of the Mountain Vargath - Master Set

Bio: The Vargath are a fierce race, though this is driven by necessity. Theirs is a cold and punishing home, and throughout history there were those races that hunted them for food. Summoning magic has made them formidable fighters, for the farther they are from the safe and familiar environs of home, the more panicked and frenzied they become.

Rulings and Clarifications
    N/A

Community Contributions
    N/A
    Last edited by Phoenixio; 09-20-2011 at 11:25 PM.

You know, I'm starting to love these guys, and they aren't even out yet.
    Infection Reflection
    is 1-2 in CoRT.

Infection Reflection lost as Raselm the PE Archer, a NW in the Dungeon of the Stone.

Infection Reflection won as Krung in Mindtrick Manor as a ZW.

Infection Reflection lost as Mugglug in the Battle of the Stone as a S.

Infection Reflection won as Sneeks the Empath in the Fortune of Goblin Princess Kreeps.

Yes, they are a very impressive faction at face value. However, before we judge them to be as good as they appear it's best to play them before making a good judgement.
    Sera Eldwyn's boyfriend is a filthy cultististist in CoRT Round IX. Why is everyting so dirty, and filthy? I must clean everythings.

They appear to be very strong. But in order for these guys to do well they have to have there summoner up in the front which is the down side to the Vargath.
    Always looking for vassal game just PM me or leave a visitor message to play.

Considering that once you have summoned your second wall, you can essentially have a Phoenix Elf Warrior with twice the health for the same cost without your summoner close to them I think they are fantastic and brutal offensive commons. Adding your summoner to the mix just makes them insanely powerful.

I think that if you're going to be bringing your summoner up is going to force you to play more commons to protect him and to take advantage the +1 attack. If you're wanting to play champions I would say you leave Sunderved in the back as his ability doesn't help champions.

With that in mind, these guys (the warriors) are going to either be the backbone of a common/Sunderved army or Magic fodder if you're playing champs.
    The Books of Summoner Wars...someone had to do it
    35-27 on Vassal (56%) - MOST RECENT: SE vs VG/thenightsshadow

Vassal Tourney: 3-1 for 3rd Place

KCU's FanFic (updated 6-18-12)

Hmmm... I would probably build them in the early game if I still only have one wall, but these guys will be killer in the late game.
    Infection Reflection
    is 1-2 in CoRT.

Infection Reflection lost as Raselm the PE Archer, a NW in the Dungeon of the Stone.

Infection Reflection won as Sneeks the Empath in the Fortune of Goblin Princess Kreeps.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I don't think they're quite as good as people are making them out to be, as Battle Frenzy doesn't work on champs, summoners or walls.

However, I think the key with them will be to force your opponents to play commons by playing a lot of your own. That way, you get a lot of benefit from Sunderved and you get to use Battle Frenzy
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Hmm, I did miss that when reading their power, thanks for pointing it out. I still think they are going to be a formidable force to have though.
    The Books of Summoner Wars...someone had to do it
    35-27 on Vassal (56%) - MOST RECENT: SE vs VG/thenightsshadow

Vassal Tourney: 3-1 for 3rd Place

KCU's FanFic (updated 6-18-12)

They'll help a TON in getting magic and clearing up the field.
    Infection Reflection
    is 1-2 in CoRT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast