Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Scrappers

Default The Book of Scrappers

The Book of Scrappers
    Common of the Cloaks - Expansion 2: Cloaks

Bio: Scrappers are anywhere and everywhere at once. Masters of the shadows and adept at using decoys, one can never be too sure where Scrappers will appear in a fight. Numerous warriors have descended upon a lone rogue in the night, only to find themselves overrun by superior numbers.

Rulings and Clarifications
    N/A

Community Contributions
    N/A
    The Books of Summoner Wars...someone had to do it
    35-27 on Vassal (56%) - MOST RECENT: SE vs VG/thenightsshadow

Vassal Tourney: 3-1 for 3rd Place

KCU's FanFic (updated 6-18-12)

Question

I think one that should be listed is "Can scrappers be placed from your hand using 'blindside'", that came up in a game I was playing, I said I don't think so, but thought I'd make sure.
    Thanks,
    Seth

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Setharillius View Post
    I think one that should be listed is "Can scrappers be placed from your hand using 'blindside'", that came up in a game I was playing, I said I don't think so, but thought I'd make sure.
    Thanks,
    Seth
    You have to "place" a friendly Scrapper, and you can only "place" something that was on the battlefield to begin with.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

These guys are a living NIGHTMARE when they attack your summoner, especially when he's weak(ened). They just bring a Cloaked Vlox right over to guarantee the finish. I've won/lost because of this strategy.
    Infection Reflection
    is 1-2 in CoRT.

Infection Reflection lost as Raselm the PE Archer, a NW in the Dungeon of the Stone.

Infection Reflection won as Krung in Mindtrick Manor as a ZW.

Infection Reflection lost as Mugglug in the Battle of the Stone as a S.

Infection Reflection won as Sneeks the Empath in the Fortune of Goblin Princess Kreeps.

Hello,

how about this situation: My Champion (I played with Vanguards) has 2 Wall cards adjacent to her and 1 adjacent space is occupied by a Cloak Unit. The Cloak player summons a Scrapper on the only free adjacent space to my Champion. The Scrapper attacks the Champion, inflicts 1 wound, the Champion isn't destroyed. So, is the Cloak player allowed to use "Blindside" to place another Scrapper on an occupied adjacent space?

We played, that it isn't allowed by the rules, deriving it only from the rule restrictions of summoning units. But I am not quite sure.

Hmm, I think you got the rules for Blindside wrong.

First off, Blindside allows you to "attack" a unit with a Scrapper, and if you manage to "wound but not destroy" the said unit, then you can "place (read teleport)" another Scrapper adjacent to that target.

The teleported Scrapper was already summoned and already on the board by that point. You don't "summon" him because of Blindside.

So that being said, let's check your situation. If the Cloak unit you mentioned was a Scrapper, then it could attack the Vanguard Champion. Since it managed to wound it, then the Cloak player can chose any other Scrapper he controls and teleport it adjacent to the VG champion on any unocupied adjacent space. In your case, there was such an empty space.

Now that second Scrapper we mentioned could also attack the VG Champion. However, since there are no other unoccupied space next to the VG Champion, you won't be able to teleport another Scrapper next to it.

In a far fetched scenario, let's say you had, in a single row: Scrapper - VG champion - free space - VG unit - free space. In that case, the first Scrapper could use Blindside on the VG Champion and teleport a Scrapper behind the VG Champion. That 2nd Scrapper could then attack the VG Unit and use Blindside on it so a third Scrapper would arrive in that last free space!

That's how Blindside works, and I hope it'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    If the Cloak unit you mentioned was a Scrapper, then it could attack the Vanguard Champion. Since it managed to wound it, then the Cloak player can chose any other Scrapper he controls and teleport it adjacent to the VG champion on any unocupied adjacent space.

Now that second Scrapper we mentioned could also attack the VG Champion. However, since there are no other unoccupied space next to the VG Champion, you won't be able to teleport another Scrapper next to it.
    Thanks, the text in bold was the rule I wasn't sure about. Is there any official ruling by the way?

To be honest, I don't really understand what was the problem otherwise. You can't "stack" units. So if the targeted champion doesn't have adjacent spaces, you simply can't bring new scrappers adjacent to that champion. Though you might teleport new scrappers adjacent to other units you wound.

Oh, and you might as well take my word as the official answer. I'm playtester for Summoner Wars, rule guru around here, and I often check with the game author himself.

or you can trust MY word since, unlike Phoenixio, I'm handsome.

Oh, the fun we're having
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast