Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book of The Admiral

Default The Book of The Admiral

The Book of The Admiral
    Champion of the Cloaks - Reinforcements 2: Hawk's Strike

Bio: The Admiral was once a brilliant tactician in the Bender navy, until he lead an unauthorized assault on a Bender port town that had been occupied by the Fallen Kingdom. His actions earned him condemnation from his superiors, and a head wound that left him a simple-minded fool. Now he fights for the rebellious Cloaks, and though his mind is a shadow of what it once was, his sincerity and dedication to his fellow soldiers has made him a greatly loved figure among the Cloak rank and file, even if Vlox privately wishes it was otherwise.

Rulings and Clarifications
    Q: Is Cover mandatory?
    A: No. The use of "may" doesn't have The Admiral always taking wounds instead of other units.

Q: If The Admiral is under Cloaks of Shadow, and a friendly nearby unit is attacked, what happens?
    A: Since the unit targeted isn't under Cloak of Shadows, it will receive wounds normally. The Admiral may then take them all, without considering the effect of Cloaks of Shadow.

Q: If a unit with 2 life points is hit 3 times and thus should receive 3 wounds, does The Admiral receives 2 or 3 wounds?
    A: The rulebook states that once the wounds are added on a card, if the number of wounds equals or exceeds the total life value, then the unit dies. As a result, The Admiral would have to receive 3 wounds.
    Community Contributions
    N/A
    Last edited by Phoenixio; 04-04-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Q: If a unit with 2 life points is hit 3 times and thus should receive 3 wounds, does The Admiral receives 2 or 3 wounds?
    A: The rulebook states that once the wounds are added on a card, if the number of wounds equals or exceeds the total life value, then the unit dies. As a result, The Admiral would have to receive 3 wounds.

Or the Admiral could take two wounds, leaving the unit with one life left. But yes, in order for that unit not to die the Admiral would have to take 2 or all of the wounds.

The card state that you have to take all those wounds markers, so the Admiral couldn't take only 2 out of the 3. It's either all or none.

oh. o_O. Hmm...

I'm hoping he's as synergistic as he seems...
    "Your existence is revoked. Scatter as chaff in the Wind; in the north and endless ice. I'll be your chauffeur."

I don't know about synergy, but he's quite straightforward: he takes the wounds off of other important units. He works well with weaker champions like Scam and Violet, and can save commons like Scrappers and Slashers that would otherwise die after their attack!

He's a neat champion for sure. Vlox won't copy him often though, but it can lead to some fun situations when he does.

Default Firing Range

I was planning on using him in conjunction with snipers. Staying back will allow me to cut down anything that might try to get close, and when rider units come after me they'll be able to take the hits thanks to this lovable meat shield.
    I dunno how well the magic will hold up to that though. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

But I figure by keeping my distance and reducing the need for the Admiral's ability in the first place, I'll end up getting more than he's worth. Now if only Dagger went back to being a doctor...
    "Your existence is revoked. Scatter as chaff in the Wind; in the north and endless ice. I'll be your chauffeur."

Not sure about scam, he has a built in defense. I'd prefer him and Sin-Sin or maybe even Khan Queso.

This guy here, more and more I think about him, the more I believe he is quite strong

the fact that he has an option to enable all your gunners/thief ability to its full potential. The very important key word here is option, he dont have to if your main plans were not to steal to begin with. If anyone plays CL for awhile than it should be known that a pretty huge part of CL's game is bluffing or putting stress on the enemy... with this guy here, you can spam those scrapper on one side and some thief on the others, then watch your opponent stress themself mad because you now have the ability to choose what you want to die

at the same times, because it is optional, if a theif only about to take 1 wound, Admiral will gladly take that hit and keep thief alive, but if thief gets a clean 3 hit from a Sneeks? Let the theif suck all those over kill wound... essentially wasting your opponent's attack dice amount... in one hand if they ping that thief at 1av, it is pointless as Admiral will save him, in the other hand if you waste a 3av on a puny theif, then better for the CL players

Bottomline, this guy will waste your opponents attack dice on puny units... I like this card
    Last edited by Sauam; 06-07-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauam View Post
    This guy here, more and more I think about him, the more I believe he is quite strong

the fact that he has an option to enable all your gunners/thief ability to its full potential. The very important key word here is option, he dont have to if your main plans were not to steal to begin with. If anyone plays CL for awhile than it should be known that a pretty huge part of CL's game is bluffing or putting stress on the enemy... with this guy here, you can spam those scrapper on one side and some thief on the others, then watch your opponent stress themself mad because you now have the ability to choose what you want to die

at the same times, because it is optional, if a theif only about to take 1 wound, Admiral will gladly take that hit and keep thief alive, but if thief gets a clean 3 hit from a Sneeks? Let the theif suck all those over kill wound... essentially wasting your opponent's attack dice amount... in one hand if they ping that thief at 1av, it is pointless as Admiral will save him, in the other hand if you waste a 3av on a puny theif, then better for the CL players

Bottomline, this guy will waste your opponents attack dice on puny units... I like this card
    I want you to know that I was not a fan of the Admiral until after I read this.
    Infection Reflection
    is 1-2 in CoRT.

Infection Reflection lost as Raselm the PE Archer, a NW in the Dungeon of the Stone.

Infection Reflection won as Krung in Mindtrick Manor as a ZW.

Infection Reflection lost as Mugglug in the Battle of the Stone as a S.

Infection Reflection won as Sneeks the Empath in the Fortune of Goblin Princess Kreeps.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast