Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Dagger

Default The Book of Dagger

The Book of Dagger
    Champion of the Cloaks - Expansion 2: Cloaks

Bio: The man who now calls himself Dagger was a surgeon in another life. But when the Bender Empire burned his homeland and slew his family he found himself taking refuge among the shadow army known as the Cloaks. There is no part of him now that wishes to repair and heal wounds, no part of him that seeks to re-knit the fabric of life. There is only his hatred, his weapon of choice, and a lifetime´s knowledge of anatomy.

Rulings and Clarifications
    N/A

Community Contributions
    N/A
    The Books of Summoner Wars...someone had to do it
    35-27 on Vassal (56%) - MOST RECENT: SE vs VG/thenightsshadow

Vassal Tourney: 3-1 for 3rd Place

KCU's FanFic (updated 6-18-12)

I played a few games with the Admiral instead of this guy, and I thought I was satisfied.

Then I faced Krung in a vassal match, using Dagger to take him down. The Admiral's a nice place to visit, but Dagger is where I want to live.

The Cloaks get my vote for the best "out of the box" deck.
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

esper88, thing about Admiral and Dagger is that Admiral is a "Win-more" card, where Dagger is a "Save-me" card... So I can see why you think that way. I somewhat thinks the same.

Win-more card is traditionally see as kind of fruitless most of the time because in order to fully utilize said card, you are either already winning or makes you over commits where otherwise not need to... By no means Admiral is not powerful, just that his power comes in a form of "check-mate" style. In almost all if not all of my game, once he is out, it was check-mate for my enemy. Would I won those game even without him? Pretty sure I would. He was just there to put that final nail to their coffin.

Admiral + Gunner = Check-mate

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sauam View Post
    Admiral + Gunner = Check-mate
    You misspelled "Sniper."
    "Your existence is revoked. Scatter as chaff in the Wind; in the north and endless ice. I'll be your chauffeur."

You know, you have a very good point. Dagger is pretty terrible (or meh) when you're already winning, whereas the Admiral is pretty good to very good in most situations.

I think I may have relapsed. I should wait a day before the next time I post an opinion. I'm such a fickle little creature.
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by esper88 View Post
    I played a few games with the Admiral instead of this guy, and I thought I was satisfied.

Then I faced Krung in a vassal match, using Dagger to take him down. The Admiral's a nice place to visit, but Dagger is where I want to live.

The Cloaks get my vote for the best "out of the box" deck.
    I've been testing a range-heavy Cloaks deck with the Scrappers replaced with Snipers and Slashers. The Snipers and Vlox sit back out of range and force your opponent to come to you as opposed to launching attacks into enemy territory with Scrappers and Gunners with the stock deck. Dagger is much better in this deck because it forces your opponent to venture deep into Cloak territory to deal with the Snipers/Vlox. With the stock deck I generally found that Dagger (and Vlox) rarely exercised his ability.

That said, I like the Admiral in this deck (for protecting Snipers and Champs), Scam, Violet and Dagger in this deck and it's hard to say what the best combination is.

Quote Originally Posted by r0gershrubber View Post
    I've been testing a range-heavy Cloaks deck with the Scrappers replaced with Snipers and Slashers. The Snipers and Vlox sit back out of range and force your opponent to come to you as opposed to launching attacks into enemy territory with Scrappers and Gunners with the stock deck. Dagger is much better in this deck because it forces your opponent to venture deep into Cloak territory to deal with the Snipers/Vlox. With the stock deck I generally found that Dagger (and Vlox) rarely exercised his ability.

That said, I like the Admiral in this deck (for protecting Snipers and Champs), Scam, Violet and Dagger in this deck and it's hard to say what the best combination is.
    Wow, good call. But how is it with the two most expensive champions and all those snipers? I've developed a disdain for the expense of the snipers as is.

Quote Originally Posted by esper88 View Post
    Wow, good call. But how is it with the two most expensive champions and all those snipers? I've developed a disdain for the expense of the snipers as is.
    To clarify, I listed 4 champions that I like in the deck, but of course I can only play 3 of them. That said you still make a valid point, and I have not played Dagger and the Admiral together. In short, I build most of my commons and try to have a favorable distribution so that I have the one I need when I need it. Although I think there are 5 Snipers in the deck, I generally only play 2 or 3 at most. As to the other commons, I only summon Gunners in certain MUs and/or with Cloak of Shadows. The presence of Slashers instead of Scrappers also conserves magic, although they're rarely summoned.

I think the Snipers are only viable if you can protect them (e.g. with the Admiral) so that the 1 life is not such a hindrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisroero View Post
    You misspelled "Sniper."
    Sniper is great, but Admiral + Gunner can chase, which was what I meant about check-mate
    Last edited by Sauam; 08-16-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by r0gershrubber View Post
    I've been testing a range-heavy Cloaks deck with the Scrappers replaced with Snipers and Slashers.
    I hate to give away my deck composition, but I put three Snipers in. All five is redundant and honestly they'll never see the light of day; same with Slashers. However, three snipers is the perfect magick number, as well as the Admiral guarding them.

Snipers work well with Scrappers. Slashers have been nothing but magick.
    "Your existence is revoked. Scatter as chaff in the Wind; in the north and endless ice. I'll be your chauffeur."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast