Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Docs Faction Stats

Post Wanted: Excel Summoner

Thanks to everyone for the observations and insight!

One interesting thing stat I check from time to time is the Phoenix Elves and Cave Goblins match up. In my mind, I feel that PE should plow through the little green guys with Burns and Drakes and auto hits in general. But that is not the case...as of 4/5/11, the record is perfectly 50%/50%. That's some insane balance

I recently realized that keeping the docs up to date is a difficult task by myself. So if anyone is up for a challenge: my next goal for the spreadsheet is to clean up the match-up tabs to look cleaner and to be fully automated (right now it is semi automated - I have to add more rows as games accrue). My excels skills are intermediate at best and someone with knowledge with scripts could be a huge help. At the same time, I guess it wouldn't be a tragedy if this couldn't be done, but I digress.

Thanks again, you consistent game loggers! Keep on recording those plays, and most importantly, have fun

Thanks for setting this up, Dustin. I keep checking every day or two to see the rankings.

It's nice to see that so far things are looking reasonably balanced. I'm honestly surprised at how low the PE are, but maybe that's because they've lost a lot to the TO, who are another top faction?

This is a cool idea, and I wish I had seen it sooner. I also wish there were a way to enter more than one game at a time because it's gonna take me while to put in my 80+ plays one at a time.

James you might see a big change in stats when I'm done ;-)

EDIT: Yeah, I bumped the Phoenix Elves into 3rd place
    Last edited by Clarissimus; 04-15-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Well, i stopped being so lazy and added a VS tab, to quickly see win % between match-ups. I'll gladly maintain that tab and fix any errors on it. To complete it i would need someone to be really cool and create a tab for each faction which doesn't have one yet (that's why JE and Cl have weird stats).

Hmmm...I always like looking at this too. Due to recently getting Castle Ravenloft I haven't got many games in...but my new goal is to play some Jungle Elves and Cloaks to get them some more data. And some more wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

Thanks everyone. It's awesome that this is becoming a utilized reference in the community.

@clarrissimus In the future, if you want to input a large amount of games, I can gramt you access to the spreadsheet and you can paste in your stats in bulk, circumventing the form completely.

I plan to add the je and ck tabs, I've just been getting pummeled at school. Next Thursday I will do it. I plan on just doing the entire masterset tabs just to get it over with (of course no inputs will be allowed until release).

Well there. I just input my games from my battle reports thread. The Jungle Elves are a little higher, which is good. I'll be playing some games agian soon, so I'll keep updating this as it is cool.

I still love how close everything is though--really shows how balanced the game is. I also think it supports the idea that Dwarves, Orcs, and PE's are the easier groups to play, and probably should be handed to any new players before the others. Those CUE I think really help a worse player stay in the game and have a chance.

Also I wold love to see more JE/PE battles being reported. I feel that the JE are a great faction for pushing around the PE and that wimpy, wimpy Elien.
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.

Ooh, cool. I'm not going to put in all my games, because I can't remember them all, but I did do the two that I did tonight.

Wow--Goblins have fluctuated a lot today. They're back to 52%, after they were down to 45%.

Also that Vanguard record seems WAY too low. I mean, they at least can do a lot better. Hopefully they'll get back above 40% soon.

I just finished updating all of my games into the spreadsheet, though with one error.

I inputted a Cave Goblin win against the Tundra Orc that was one too many, so if it's possible to revoke it, please do so. (In other words, please cancel one of the Cave Goblin wins vs. Tundra Orc).

So that might be why it's fluctuating a lot.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast