Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Docs Faction Stats

Post Google Docs Faction Stats

Welcome to the Google Docs Faction Stats thread! Faction Stats is an ongoing community-powered project that records wins/losses of SW games played. It's main usefulness lies in observing faction performance.

It's easy contribute! Follow the link below and punch in game results you have played:
    RECORD GAME OUTCOMES HERE (Reinforcements/mercenaries are fair game!)

Simplified Leaderboard - Summarized faction data table

Original Google spreadsheet - Original Google Doc with raw data and detailed data analysis

Suggestions are welcome. Please look at the data from time to time and post your observations and thoughts on this thread.

The SW Docs Team
    Dustin
    PePe QuiCoSe
    r0gershrubber
    Last edited by Dustin; 04-20-2012 at 01:17 PM.

ohh you are in the wind

You got me thinking, it'd be cool if we could do one for tournament only results.

Edit: just in case, you can see different tabs for more information looking at the lower part of the screen. Like this.
    Last edited by PePe QuiCoSE; 04-10-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: link added

Hey PePe

It works the same way, I can make a template and post on here later. I did one with my friends tracking stats for factions and players (our tournament was with faction decks over a long period of time), but I imagine for a tournament, it would really only require player stats.

Right now, there is like only one (slightly) tricky manual step (inputing the name into the equation). I will try to make it fully automated before I post it.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I just entered all of my games in here. Excellent resource, Dustin!
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Props on a nice piece of software, Dustin. I've done essentially the same thing, mostly to track my own stats and records with the various factions, on Excel. I've even cross referenced mine with my opponents as well. It's pretty cool in that, at a glance, I can see that DrLivingston has beaten me everytime (well, at least since I started tracking stats at the start of the year, anyway).

Hmmm, maybe it's not so cool.

I did a similar thing as well, for myself. I only have about 10 games in, so I have yet to see a trend, if there is one.

Great stuff though Dustin!!
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

Default can't view last link

I always find it interesting to see the stats behind the game. Kudos to you for starting the data collection. I have a question concerning your last link...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    For the tech savvy and excel wizards, you can play with the stats here.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...0bm9jV1E&hl=en
    Is this document not set to the same sharing permissions as the others? Google says "does not have permission to access this spreadsheet"

that one is to edit stuff, it's safe not to have it open to everybody (it was before though). If you want to do something i guess dustin will give you access. If i ever think something up i'll also like to jump in.

Yeah I realized the problems with opening the floodgates to everyone to edit the data. But if you want to play around with graphs and stuff, I can give you access or a copy of the data. Just post a request or PM me.

Update:
    I made it so anyone can view the spreadsheet, but you need my permission to edit it.
    I have added individual faction tabs showing a specific factions performance vs. other factions. These are some very fun numbers to look at and should become more interesting as more data flows in.
    Last edited by Dustin; 02-06-2011 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Update

Thumbs up You get a Thumbs UP

Cool nice job, thanks for sharing, saves me rigging up my own test.
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast