Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Card Sleeves

I'm right there with you. Games are meant to be played, not stared at from afar. I would probably sleeve them if I was in a tournament, but other than that, I'm really not going to worry about it.

Silly question: I'm colorblind and can't tell the colors of the factions. I know the Orcs are blue and Mercs are grey or black, but what about the Elves, Dwarves, and Goblins? Brown, brown, and reddish brown?

I want to buy matching card sleeves for them (even though I can't tell) and need to know what colors to get. Thanks.
    Never heard of her?!? It's the car that did the Cannonball run in less than 0.0000000000015645847216634030102578805262265 parsecs!

I did:

Blue for Orcs
    Red for Elves
    Green for Goblins
    Silver for Dwarves

I'm wondering what kinds (brand) of sleeves people purchased, and how they worked for your sets...

I purchased the Arcane Tinmen Dragon Shield mini sleeves which, in reviews, seemed to be near the top-of-the-line for Yu-Gi-Oh cards. A game like this deserves top of the line sleeves, yes?

However, I was a little disappointed to find that my Summoner Wars cards stuck out the end a little bit. I have some Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and in comparison it looks like the Summoner Wars cards are roughly 1mm narrower (no big deal) and 3mm longer (so they'd stick out on a "perfect" Yu-Gi-Oh sleeve.

I doubt I'm going to buy new sleeves as I think this protection is pretty good and I otherwise have no use for the sleeves I purchased... but I wanted to let you know my experience and see if any of you have found the perfect Summoner Wars sleeve...

Quote Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
    I'm wondering what kinds (brand) of sleeves people purchased, and how they worked for your sets...

I purchased the Arcane Tinmen Dragon Shield mini sleeves which, in reviews, seemed to be near the top-of-the-line for Yu-Gi-Oh cards. A game like this deserves top of the line sleeves, yes?

However, I was a little disappointed to find that my Summoner Wars cards stuck out the end a little bit. I have some Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and in comparison it looks like the Summoner Wars cards are roughly 1mm narrower (no big deal) and 3mm longer (so they'd stick out on a "perfect" Yu-Gi-Oh sleeve.

I doubt I'm going to buy new sleeves as I think this protection is pretty good and I otherwise have no use for the sleeves I purchased... but I wanted to let you know my experience and see if any of you have found the perfect Summoner Wars sleeve...
    Mine fit perfect. They are Ultra Pro Deck Protector Sleeves sized for Yu-Gi-Oh & Small Gaming Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I'm going to allow hiding mercs in card sleeves. If I didn't, players would be forced to buy two different sleeve packs just to get a variant back, and that is no good. I'll have to remember to mention this in the first FAQ.
    Hopefully this means that you guys at PlaidHat can make Summoner Wars specific sleeves, or include them in future sets, because it's clear that they'll give you a competitive edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
    Hopefully this means that you guys at PlaidHat can make Summoner Wars specific sleeves, or include them in future sets, because it's clear that they'll give you a competitive edge.
    I hope to. But I think you are overestimating the effect of knowing when a merc is coming on the game.

Hey Truth, do you have a link to the sleves you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by paradox22 View Post
    Hey Truth, do you have a link to the sleves you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I've never used this retailer before, but they are well known and my brief research on card sleeves tells me that they have a good selection at good prices:

http://www.trollandtoad.com/Yu-Gi-Oh...4736p1n10.html
    On page one

yea and if your like me and dont shower then all that grease gets all over the cards and it just becomes a very slippery mess hahaha. but hey what about card sleeves that have the design on the back. then you wont be able to tell if the other guy has mercs in his deck.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast