Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament Decks Played

February 2011 The First Monthly Wake Forest Summoner Wars Tournament Saturday
    Cave Goblins (Standard)
    Results, 0-4 Last Place (9th Place)

In my defense, the Cave Goblins hate me

GenCon 2010 Standard Rules
    Standard Phoenix Elf Deck
    wins over fezzik's GD & ultimobean's VG loss to Jexik's GD
    Record: 3-1
    Finished 2nd place of (?)

Feb 2011 Fremont, OH Tournament
    Phoenix Elves with Fire Drake, Kaeseeall, Laleyla, Guardian x1, Fencer x3, Warrior x8, Archer x8
    win over ultimobean's GD
    Record: 4-1
    Finished 3rd place of 19

May 2011 Gamer's Reunion (Rochester, MN)
    Phoenix Elves with Fire Drake, Laleyla, Holleas, Warrior x6, Archer x4, Fire Beast x4, Fencer x3, Guardian x1
    win over Jexik's VG, loss to kboom' GD
    Finished 2nd place of 12

Aug 2011 GenCon Five for Fighting
    Vanguards with Kalon Lightbringer, Malevolence, Sairook, Guardian Knight x10, Priest x7, Stalwart Archer x1 (win over CG)
    Jungle Elves with Miti Mumway, Makeinda Ru, Khan Queso, Lioness x6, Archer x5, Lioneer x4, Vermin x3 (win over cornpuff's VG)
    Phoenix Elves with Fire Drake, Laleya, Holleas, Warrior x7, Fire Beast x4, Fencer x4, Archer x2, Guardian x1 (win over fezzik's TO)
    Tundra Orcs with Rukar, Bragg, Ragnor, Shaman x6, Smasher x6, Thwarter x5, Figher x2 (win over Jexik's SE)
    Guild Dwarves with Gror, Tordak, Baldar, Defender x6, Spearman x4, Guardsman x4, Engineer x4 (loss to spider poison's JE)
    Finished 3rd place of 18

Aug 2011 GenCon Faction Battles
    Guild Dwarves with Gror, Thorkur, Baldar, Defender x7, Spearman x6, Guardsman x4, Engineer x1
    win over jormi's SG
    Finished 4th place of (?)

Dec 2011 Summoning at the Goat (Elgin, IL)
    Tundra Orcs with Rukar, Bragg, Ragnor, Shaman x6, Smasher x5, Thwarter x5, Fighter x2
    Record: 3-0
    win over kboom's TO
    Finished 1st place of 10

Feb 2012 Tournament in NE Ohio
    Record: 5-0
    Jungle Elves with Kadara, Makienda Ru, Grubs, Lioneer x4, Archer x5, Lioness x5, Gorilla x2, Jungle Guard x2 (win over Issac V's SE)
    Benders with Kalal, Sorgwen, Khan Queso, Deciever x5, Controller x5, Breaker x4, Stonecloak x4 (win over Adam B's SE)
    Deep Dwarves with Kynder, Lun, Sairook, Miner x3, Scholar x5, Gem Mage x6, Spear Grounder x4 (win over truth's JE)
    Guild Dwarves with Gror, Thorkur, Baldar, Defender x7, Spearman x6, Guardsman x4, Engineer x1 (win over killercactus's DD)
    Phoenix Elves with Fire Drake, Laleya, Holleas, Warrior x7, Fencer x4, Firebeast x4, Archer x2, Guardian x1 (win over joepinion's FK)
    Finished 1st place of 11

Apr 2012 Tournament in Austin, MN
    Jungle Elves with Kadara, Makienda Ru, Grubs, Lioneer x4, Archer x5, Lioness x5, Gorilla x2, Jungle Guard x2 (loss to Obsidian's Mercs)
    Benders with Kalal, Sorgwen, Khan Queso, Deciever x5, Controller x5, Breaker x4, Stonecloak x4 (win over . . . something, can't remember)
    Deep Dwarves with Kynder, Lun, Sairook, Miner x3, Scholar x5, Gem Mage x6, Spear Grounder x4 (win over Mercs)
    Guild Dwarves with Gror, Thorkur, Baldar, Defender x7, Spearman x6, Guardsman x4, Engineer x1 (win over Jexik's CG)
    Phoenix Elves with Laleya, Holleas, Warrior x7, Fencer x4, Firebeast x4, Archer x2, Guardian x1 (win over VG)
    Finished 2nd place of 11

Aug 2012 GenCon Starter Decks Only
    Record: 2-2
    Mountain Vargath base deck
    loss to esper's Filth
    Finished (?) place of 20

Aug 2012 GenCon Pick Your Poison
    Record 4-0
    Benders with Sorgwen, Kalu & Talu, Deciever x6, Controller x5, Mind Witch x4, Stonecloak x3 (win over JE & SE)
    Deep Dwarves with Kynder, Lun, Gren, Gem Mages x5, Scholar x4, Miner x3, Spear Grounders x3, Rogue x3 (win over TO & SE)
    Finished 1st place of 20

Aug 2012 GenCon Faction Supremacy
    Record: 4-0
    Deep Dwarves with Kynder, Lun, Gren, Gem Mages x5, Scholar x4, Miner x3, Spear Grounders x3, Rogue x3
    win over Jexik's CG
    Finished 1st place of 20

Aug 2013 GenCon 4x4
    Record: 4-0
    Vanguards with Kalon Lightbringer, Jacob Eldwyn, Leah Goodwin, Guardian Knight x9, Priest x4, Angel x4, Stalwart Archer x1 (win over Vlox)
    Guild Dwarves with Gror, Thorkur, Baldar, Defender x7, Spearman x6, Guardsman x4, Engineer x1 (win over Ret-Talus)
    Phoenix Elves with Fire Drake, Laleya, Holleas, Warrior x7, Fencer x4, Firebeast x4, Archer x2, Guardian x1 (win over Oldin)
    Deep Dwarves with Kynder, Lun, Gren, Gem Mages x5, Scholar x4, Miner x3, Spear Grounders x3, Rogue x3 (win over Sunderved)
    Finished 1st place of 12

Aug 2013 GenCon Faction Supremacy
    Vanguards with Kalon Lightbringer, Jacob Eldwyn, Leah Goodwin, Guardian Knight x9, Priest x4, Angel x4, Stalwart Archer x1
    loss to killercactus's Filth
    Finished 2nd place of 18

Total as Mountain Vargath 2-2
    Total as Jungle Elves 2-1
    Total as Vanguard 4-1
    Total as Benders 4-0
    Total as Tundra Orcs 4-0
    Total as Guild Dwarves 6-2
    Total as Deep Dwarves 9-0
    Total as Phoenix Elves 14-3
    Grand Total 46-9
    Last edited by Clarissimus; 08-18-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcor13 View Post
    Cave Goblins (Standard)

there's a monthly tourney in Wake Forest? I live in Raleigh, so I might be able to make it over once or twice if you could send me the specifics.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    there's a monthly tourney in Wake Forest? I live in Raleigh, so I might be able to make it over once or twice if you could send me the specifics.
    To clarify it is Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem. The drive's not bad. The next one will probably coincide with the JE/CL release in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcor13 View Post
    Cave Goblins (Standard)

Hate doesn't even begin to describe it. =)

Is there a thread for the WF tourneys where I could get times & dates, RSVP, costs, etc.?
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

I played this deck in my first tournament:

Feb 2011 Texas (DFW) Summoner Wars Tournament
    Phoenix Elves
    Fire Drake, Laleya, Maelena, 8xWarrior, 8xGuardian, 2xArcher
    loss to TOrcs; defeated Vanguard twice.

Results - 2-1; credited with 3rd place out of 8 players

Congrats to the cocky rym!!!
    Last edited by R˙chean; 02-28-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: kidding rym; don't get in a twist

Updated my first post. I heard there was at least one other tourney this weekend.

Apr 2011 DenCon
    Abua Shi (Stock)
    Results 3-0 1st (out of only 8)
    I wanted to show that stock decks can win tourneys, so I did it.* I almost lost in the first round to a TO player, Tom. I had to beat a Guild Dwarf and then Cloaks (played by Colby) to win. I played very heavy on Champions, and would sometimes even destroy some of my own commons in the early game.

*On the other hand, it seemed like I wasn't the only one who played stock that day, so odds were decent that one of us would. I didn't really prove anything here.
    Last edited by Jexik; 04-04-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Any deck can win a tournament, if everyone there plays it.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Bálđur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

Default GR update

Updated my first post.

May 1 2011 Gamers Reunion
    Sera Eldwyn, Malevolence, Kalon Lightbringer, Khan Queso, 9x Guardian Knight, 8x Priest, 1x Stalwart Archer
    Win v. spider_poison, loss to Clarissimus
    Results 3-1 4th (out of 12)
    Not sure if I validated that Vanguards are reasonably good, or if my first loss in a standard, 1v1 tourney proves the opposite.

Completely forgot about this. Here we go.

April 23, 2011: Warren OH
    Cloaks (stock)
    2-4, wins against GD and PE; losses to GD, JE, CG, TO

Had a decent day, just ran into some tough matches and missed a few key roles that could have changed things. My first game was simply bad play on my part though, hadn't faced a GD deck with the CL yet so it was bad loss, I think 10 minutes or something like that.

Hopefully my next showing will be better.

Also, at Jexik: I suppose that could go either way, I vote that it proves the VG are good...but I know what your problem was, not enough SAs
    The Books of Summoner Wars...someone had to do it
    35-27 on Vassal (56%) - MOST RECENT: SE vs VG/thenightsshadow

Vassal Tourney: 3-1 for 3rd Place

KCU's FanFic (updated 6-18-12)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast