Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: What other boardgames do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by PePe QuiCoSE View Post
    woah, nice collection phoenixio!
    I think I'll be playing Neuroshima Hex shortly...
    Collection speaking, it's already been a few years I accumulate them, so it's natural that the quantity eventually rises. Sold a few recently, some who weren't going to see much more use in my part. I'm also quite lucky to have some compulsive friends like me: we try not buying the same games to have even more diversity in our town!

Corrected a few things in my list: old wishlist things that didn't go away when I took them of the list.

And Neuroshima Hex! is definitely worth the try: very unique and tense! And it plays well from 2 to 4 players, even up to 8 if you have all the boxes, though that is a little bit crazy, and long.

Default Thank you PePe QuiCoSE!

Thanks PePe QuiCoSE! I looked at your list of games and saw the WoW minis game... Iv bought the entire core set and most of the Spoils of war.
    I love the game and I use my HeroScape to build its courses, so thankyou for opening my eyes i didnt know it existed and Im a huge WarCraft fan
    (I still think WarCraft: Reign of Chaos is one of the best RTS games of all time)

Iv made some really good variants for Exploration (no Bias bullshit they work really well)

and Im going to try WoW the Board Game too now, so thanks again to rekindling my love of warcraft with a simple link to your collection.
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Heroscape

Dominion + expansion

Fluxx

Ascension

Forbidden Island

Munchkin

are the most common with Dominion, Fluxx, and Forbidden Island being the "Family" favorites and Heroscape and SW's being the fav of Josh and myself.

Played Thunderstone the other day, felt too similar to Dominion, might be better with some preset monsters or village.

intrigued by cartouche, read your review Jexik...

Glad about that Andrak, checked your rules. Great we have dungeon rules available in BGG, will check that for some coop. I didnīt play WoW boardgame, but played the Wow Adventure game. Not bad, but i recommend playing with a variant that makes PvP worth it, something like Alliance vs Horde (when we play again we'll be using those).

I've heard the name Dominion a lot. What's it like??? What kinda game exactly is it?
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Lawnmower View Post
    I've heard the name Dominion a lot. What's it like??? What kinda game exactly is it?
    It's a card game. Matt Drake did a review of it, it'll be a better read than anything I could type up.
    I am Fefnir the way-out-there Scrapper in the Second Wave Cave!
    "THAT RHYMES!"

Wink Dominion who?

Summoner Wars was born and now old Dom never gets any plays.

Default Well I don't think much of dominion.

I find dominion boring now, Its an interesting concept but after a few games you realise that all the funny cards don't help and the best way to win is buy streamlining your deck with money to buy Provinces as fast as you can.

There's a guy at my game group who loves dominion, so games suite different people. My recommendation is play more than 3 games before you fall in love with it, you might just save yourself $100+ in Dominion + sleeves.
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Dominion is a really cool game. When I first got Summoner Wars it (and the Seaside/Alchemy expansions which came out during that period) were about the only game that could get me to not play SW. I've seen some other people over at Fortress: Ameritrash say that it's a cool mechanic in search of a game, and that game is Puzzle Strike. It uses the same "build your deck as you play" mechanic, but has a more satisfying victory condition and different characters. I also like Sirlin's other game with the same characters, Yomi.

PS and Yomi are my favorite games after Summoner Wars right now. They're both a bit expensive, but you can play them online for free.

If anyone even glances at the PS forums they'll see i'm rather active over there :P And despite being in finals season I'm online quite often on the online client.

Btw, a friend (fellow bgger) show me what's next in the deck building world and it has a name: Quarriors. Despite it's the the concept is simple: your deck is made of dice (custom dice, of course).

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast