Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: What other boardgames do you play?

Default What other boardgames do you play?

I know some users here also frequent Boardgamegeek. Summoner Wars is my favorite 2 player (and 4 player game), but I play other games as well. I'm just curious to see what other board members play. I'm sure you Summoners have great game recommendations.

I'll get the ball rolling.

My group just discovered Cosmic Encounter - the new FFG version. It's great. There's a healthy does of variable power, politics, arguing, backstabbing, and laughter. This is kind of like our group's "nerdy party game."

Our other "nerdy party game" would be Shadow Hunters. We break this one out in place of Mafia and Bang! because this game covers all the bases. It has secret agendas, secret roles, variable powers. It scales to 8 players and plays incredibly fast.

Summoner Wars, Cosmic Encounter, and Shadow Hunters are the consistent hits in the different groups of people I hand out with.

So what other boardgames do you play? What games do you recommend? And why do you recommend them?

My group is willing to try almost any board game at least once. We mostly play Summoner Wars, Axis and Allies, Twilight Imperium, Heroscape, War of the Ring, and Lord of the Rings Risk. Summoner Wars however is currently the most played game hands down.

you can check my colletion to have an idea of what games i play, or rated to see games i have played.

I liked the 1 time i played Bang, so i guess i Shadow Hunters is worth checking...

Heroscape is what my friends and I play a lot, but I'm still introducing them to this. I wouldnt doubt that it will take over.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

Default BGG is awesome...

Great Thread to start!

I also like a variety of Games, check out my collection

for those that don't use BGG often you can change how you view the games by clicking on the icons above the words
    Filters>> Columns>> Views>>

PS
    the duplicates are intentional, I like buying multiple copies.
    Last edited by Lord_AndraK; 01-06-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Bridges to Shangri La... interesting, totally didnīt knew about it.

Over the weekend, I also played Nexus Ops, Cartouche, Dominion, Race for the Galaxy, and Heroscape.

I'm really looking forward to Yomi and Puzzle Strike which should be coming in the mail for me sometime this week.

Huge fan of other boardgames too, and I'm the one with the collection for most of my groups!

Among my favorites are: Neuroshima Hex!, Dungeon Twister, Race for the Galaxy, and some limited editions Magic decks that I use without any tweaks in them: Magic the Gathering: Duel Decks.

And well, you can also check my entire collection there:

Phoenixio's collection

'Scape, Song of Blades and Heroes, Summoner Wars, and Dominion are usually played a lot in my area.
    I am Fefnir the way-out-there Scrapper in the Second Wave Cave!
    "THAT RHYMES!"

woah, nice collection phoenixio!
    I think I'll be playing Neuroshima Hex shortly...

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast