Page 225 of 275 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2748

Thread: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here!

Siren -- Is her "Once per turn" phrase only for her, or all Sirens on the board?

Hinder -- Other than spending 2 magic per unit to remove it, is there much difference between this and Negation? Hinder assigns an ability, whereas Negation is a global affect. I can't think of a unit that may not take on an Ability yet the global affect still works (or vice versa) but maybe I'm missing something. Also, I assume if Hinder if played, and the opponent immediately pays 2 to cancel on a unit (such as Baldar) then if another Hinder is played, 2 more magic would have to be spent, correct?
    Only send a friendly invite (JYoder77) if you don't play PE, TO, GD, BD, no Rallul units outside of Rallul, and no Etch or Rune Mages (even in Rallul).
    My Custom Faction Creator tool. Contains demo images to show what you can create.
    Why Sunderved cries himself to sleep at night.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by JYoder View Post
    Siren -- Is her "Once per turn" phrase only for her, or all Sirens on the board?
    Just her
    Hinder -- Other than spending 2 magic per unit to remove it, is there much difference between this and Negation? Hinder assigns an ability, whereas Negation is a global affect. I can't think of a unit that may not take on an Ability yet the global affect still works (or vice versa) but maybe I'm missing something. Also, I assume if Hinder if played, and the opponent immediately pays 2 to cancel on a unit (such as Baldar) then if another Hinder is played, 2 more magic would have to be spent, correct?
    It's a strictly weaker negation for all intents and purposes. If you played HINDER twice, the second one would have no effect because the abilities don't stack. And the opponent can only spend to get rid of MENTAL BLOCK between phases, so what you're talking about can't actually happen.
    Last edited by killercactus; 08-25-2016 at 06:53 AM.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Also, I assume if Hinder if played, and the opponent immediately pays 2 to cancel on a unit (such as Baldar) then if another Hinder is played, 2 more magic would have to be spent, correct?
    That would be pretty dumb for Baldar, since you could always wait until Shiva's event phase is over to pay. Yet it could be a pretty nasty issue for units that could negate the wound from Wither, like Sybil or Corpulent.

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    It's a strictly weaker negation for all intents and purposes. If you played HINDER twice, the second one would have no effect because the abilities don't stack. And the opponent can only spend to get rid of MENTAL BLOCK between phases, so what you're talking about can't actually happen.
    Hmm. Good to know. Didn't realize that. So "any time" in this case means between phases (because it's not your turn) yet "any time" for Kynder and Rallul can be mid-movement?

I'm pretty sure the mid-movement rule has been counter-ruled by KC a long time ago
    Olivier
    (olivier2703)

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    I'm pretty sure the mid-movement rule has been counter-ruled by KC a long time ago
    The FAQ still says:

You can trigger “at any time” powers anytime during your turn (including between movement spaces), or in between any phase of your opponentʼs turn
    And I'm pretty sure KC doesn't have the power to directly overrule a FAQ ruling.
    Last edited by prometheuslkr; 08-25-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Hmm. Good to know. Didn't realize that. So "any time" in this case means between phases (because it's not your turn) yet "any time" for Kynder and Rallul can be mid-movement?
    "any time" has always meant between phases on the opponent's turn, but literally any time on your turn.

I write the FAQ, so I kind of can overturn stuff, but I usually don't as long as I agree with the reasoning. I hate the mid-movement ruling though and am going to fight that it gets overturned for the final FAQ. Gotta get Colby to sign off on that, though he'll probably just say OK.
    Last edited by killercactus; 08-25-2016 at 11:58 AM.

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

If a Clinger is next to a Unit being moved by an opponent's effect (e.g. INFLUENCE), can it use CLING?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    If a Clinger is next to a Unit being moved by an opponent's effect (e.g. INFLUENCE), can it use CLING?
    Yes they can

Just to confirm: Revenge does not stop Harbinger's Burning Conjuration as the latter belongs to resolving an attack, right?

Page 225 of 275 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235 ... LastLast