Page 175 of 275 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2748

Thread: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here!

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by tristak View Post
    That's what I'm talking about, three times.
    Do you have a magic way of counting that I don't know about that skips 2 to get to 3?
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Do you have a magic way of counting that I don't know about that skips 2 to get to 3?
    He's arguing that twice means "exactly two." Which is technically true, but the intention of the wording is so clear that what's stopping you from doing it is your opponent slapping you. Or at least chucking a couple dice at you.

It really should technically say "more than once" though.

Quote Originally Posted by umbrageofsnow View Post
    He's arguing that twice means "exactly two." Which is technically true, but the intention of the wording is so clear that what's stopping you from doing it is your opponent slapping you. Or at least chucking a couple dice at you.

It really should technically say "more than once" though.
    You put it much better than I did. I knew the intention was clear, I was just curious if there was anything preventing it from that specific interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by tristak View Post
    You put it much better than I did. I knew the intention was clear, I was just curious if there was anything preventing it from that specific interpretation.
    Just Killercactus fiat I think. But read his title, it's true. I think you're technically correct though (the best kind of correct). It would be nice if they "officially" reword the card to say "more than once" even if it never shows up on a physical card, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by umbrageofsnow View Post
    Just Killercactus fiat I think. But read his title, it's true. I think you're technically correct though (the best kind of correct). It would be nice if they "officially" reword the card to say "more than once" even if it never shows up on a physical card, but I'm not holding my breath.
    In order to choose a card three times, you'd have to choose it twice along the way, that's kc's point.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by joepinion View Post
    In order to choose a card three times, you'd have to choose it twice along the way, that's kc's point.
    That would be true if you choose one at a time. But that's not how the card is worded. You choose three targets, and you're not allowed to choose the same target as exactly 2 of those targets.

Note, I'm not actually trying to argue that you SHOULD be able to choose the same target thrice, I'm just arguing that the card is worded such that that's what it means. I don't like inventing new interpretations of words all the time instead of just saying "it's unclear but this is the rule, deal with it." It doesn't say what it should say. KC can wave his magic internet wand and say what it means, and we all kind of know what the correct ruling is in this case anyway. But I don't like pretending that the wording says something it doesn't.

It's okay that the ruling is just the intuitive ruling, I just don't like that it has to come from some creative abuse of language, rather than "KC says so." (Which is entirely valid on its own.)

I know this argument is pretty pointless, so I'm shutting up now. I just value precision of language when it comes to game rules.
    Last edited by umbrageofsnow; 03-31-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Changing the subject here, if a unit is boosted, it doesn't affect their summon cost, correct? So if Selundar uses Into Darkness, it would still kill a boosted Deep Dragon with full hp, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Changing the subject here, if a unit is boosted, it doesn't affect their summon cost, correct? So if Selundar uses Into Darkness, it would still kill a boosted Deep Dragon with full hp, right?
    You are correct.

Great, thanks! Another question. What does "moving normally" mean? Specifically, in Nikuya Na's deck, can Gargos and/or Satara use Spirit of the Cheetah to move 5/7 spaces and moving over other cards (units only in Satara's case)? Spirit of the Cheetah suggests only if they "move normally" can they move the extra spaces. Is Gargos/Satara's abilities moving normally or is it something else? Also in that same vein, if Jujugara uses his ability to copy an Elephant can he use Spirit of the Cheetah to move 5 spaces over units?

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Great, thanks! Another question. What does "moving normally" mean? Specifically, in Nikuya Na's deck, can Gargos and/or Satara use Spirit of the Cheetah to move 5/7 spaces and moving over other cards (units only in Satara's case)? Spirit of the Cheetah suggests only if they "move normally" can they move the extra spaces. Is Gargos/Satara's abilities moving normally or is it something else? Also in that same vein, if Jujugara uses his ability to copy an Elephant can he use Spirit of the Cheetah to move 5 spaces over units?
    "Moving normally" means using your normal movement activation in the movement phase. Cheetah increases that move, so those are legal. If a unit gets moved by JS Shaman ' s CHANT OF HASTE or something, that's not moving normally.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Page 175 of 275 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast