Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Malevolence

Default The Book of Malevolence

The Book of Malevolence
    Champion of the Mercenaries - Reinforcement Pack: Grungor's Charge

Bio: Ruling from the ruins of Shell Castle on the Isle of Maenos, the witch known only as Malevolence is queen over nothing. There she broods, desiring wealth and fame, and angry that she has neither after selling her soul for a weapon of unwholesome origin. She will gladly offer her services to any Summoner who can afford her exorbitant fee, and who can stomach her need for constant flattery.

Rulings and Clarifications
    Q: If I attack with Malevolence and she has only 1 life left, does she go into my own Magic Pile?
    A: Yes.

Community Contributions
    N/A
    Last edited by Phoenixio; 12-14-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Am I the only one who is loving the artwork on her for some reason? I don't even know why, she just has this epic look to her.

Yeah I like it too.

I'm really liking this champion with the Vanguards. All that healing with Priests and Sera. You can storm in your opponent's face with a 4 attack and have to tool to heal those autowounds in the same turn. She will be a nice choice for Kalon.
    Last edited by Cleon; 01-10-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Isn't Kalon good enough? I mean, you can do a similar trick with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Quelmotz View Post
    Isn't Kalon good enough? I mean, you can do a similar trick with him.
    Well, I don't want to sound like I mean Malevolence is a complete replacement for Kalon - it all depends on your play style and deck. If I'm running priests and Sera, I personally have a strong lean towards Malevolence as a champion spot. And you can always use both, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    Well, I don't want to sound like I mean Malevolence is a complete replacement for Kalon - it all depends on your play style and deck. If I'm running priests and Sera, I personally have a strong lean towards Malevolence as a champion spot. And you can always use both, too.
    I run both Kalon and Malevolence. Raechel Loveguard is awful.

Malevolence is a lingering motivation for me to buy more reinforcement packs. She's currently in my Fallen Kingdom deck but I wouldn't mind her in my Vanguard deck or my Tundra Orcs deck.

She's a very tasty and adaptable unit.

I faced her last night in a battle featuring the Fallen Kingdom (she replaced one of the champions) and the Guild Dwarves.

As the Dwarves, I managed to take out my opponent's starting wall fairly early with the Besiege the Wall card and the Ballista. However, DrL already had Malevolence already on the board. I must say, I underestimated the value she brings to the table. 4 attack dice is nothing to snuff at. She singlehandedly kept him in the game as I had to constantly move Oldin away from her.

Oldin had 3 wounds already from one attack from her and I could not afford to let DrL get another attack with her. So instead of moving 3 units and focusing on finishing the Fallen Kingdom off, I was having to divert one - sometimes two - moves to keep Malevolence at bay.

Diverting my forces like that into 2 different avenues eventually became my undoing as DrL was able to finally put down a new wall and summon some more units to the board. He used that wound removal card (or ability, not sure which it was) to remove wounds from Malevolence and keep the pressure up.

Bottom line, she's a beast - and I like her!

And I really like Cleon's idea of putting her with the Vanguards. Kudos on a fantastic idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Hode View Post
    I run both Kalon and Malevolence. Raechel Loveguard is awful.
    21 magic for all 3 champions? Isn't that a bit expensive? Or do you usually dump one of them? If you do you might as well get a cheaper mercenary champion to replace whichever champion you don't use much.

And I really like Cleon's idea of putting her with the Vanguards. Kudos on a fantastic idea.
    Not to put anyone down, but it isn't exactly a new idea. Many people have such armies already...

Quote Originally Posted by Quelmotz View Post

Not to put anyone down, but it isn't exactly a new idea. Many people have such armies already...
    'Kay, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast