Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Curse of Ret-Talus

Default Curse of Ret-Talus

Alright, so there's a lot of people here from Heroscapers.com. That's very evident. But for those that aren't on there, they're missing out on the amazing game of lies, manipulation, and deceit known as Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa! Now obviously, there's no Ne-Gok-Sa in Summoner Wars. So, the next best thing would be Ret-Talus, Summoner of the Fallen Kingdom. <cue horror movie music>

For those of you who aren't familiar with Heroscapers (or Heroscape itself), you're probably wondering who Ne-Gok-Sa is. To keep it short and simple, he's an alien that can control your mind. The premise for this game is that he has trapped a number of players in a location (usually a cave), and he chooses some of them to become his proxies for that game. These "Puppets", as they are referred to, are the antagonists against the Warriors, who are fighting to get out of the game alive.

Well, that's great and all, but how is Ret-Talus supposed to work his way into this system? I'm glad you asked.

Ret-Talus has trapped X amount of players in a location (for the sake of simplicity, let's say it's a cave).

He kills Y amount of those players, and resurrects them as Zombie Slaves.

The remaining Z amount of players must eradicate the Zombie Slaves from the cave before Y is equal to or greater than Z (I hope everybody is familiar with variables).

Great. So we've got the premise. How do we play? That takes a little longer to explain. For now, let's just go by the Basic Rules, shall we? If this becomes popular enough, we (probably me) can bring the advanced rules over here (editing it so it fits in with our Summoner Wars lingo).

For the Basic Game, there are only FOUR roles:

The Story Teller: This person is on neither side. He is an omnipotent being that sees everything that goes on inside the cave. The Visionary must send their choice of who to Vision to the Story Teller before the Night is through if they wish to use their power. The Story Teller will assign roles before the game, send out PMs to each of the players telling them their alliance (Zombie Slave or Normal Warrior), and what powers they have, if any. The Story Teller will guide the story and feel of the cave along the duration of the game. The Cycle of Day and Night does not continue until the Story Teller posts that Day or Night's victim.

The Zombie Slaves: They are tasked by Ret-Talus to destroy the Normal Warriors. When the number of players in this alliance is equal to or greater than the number of Normal Warriors, the Zombie Slaves win. Once each Night, the Zombie Slaves will pick a victim to kill. A Zombie Slave representative will send the Story Teller a PM telling them of their choice. If the Story Teller does not receive a PM from any of the Zombie Slaves with a murder victim, it will be assumed that the Zombie Slaves felt merciful and there will be no Night murder. The Zombie Slaves each get one vote during the Day. Each Zombie Slave will know the identity of the others.

The Normal Warriors: This alliance is fighting against Zombie Slaves. During the Day, they will vote on who to murder. During the Night, they must wait and see who the next victim of the Zombie Slaves is. If they have any powers, they must PM the Story Teller the recipient of the power. This alliance will win if they eliminate all of the Zombie Slaves. The identity of the Normal Warriors will be hidden from everybody other than the Zombie Slaves.

The Visionary: This power can only be assigned to a Normal Warrior. During the Night, the Visionary may send the Story Teller a PM asking them to see the identity of any one player. The Visioned player will not know they have been Visioned. If the Visionary has been murdered, they can not use their power.

That's the four roles for the Basic variation. There's many more for the Advanced variation, but, like I said earlier, we can get to those later if there's enough interest here for the Basic one.

This game runs on a Day and Night cycle. Different thing happen depending on what phase the cycle is on.

DAYS are two, sometimes three real world days long, so there's no pressure to get your vote in early. Just be sure to get your vote in by the end of that DAY (the deadline).

NIGHTS, since there isn't usually as much activity, are only one real world day long.

To vote for a player's murder, you must type their name in RED BOLDED CAPS. If it isn't, it will be assumed that you choose not to vote this Day. That's fine, but if you do it twice in a row, you will be automatically murdered along with the voted on player. The player with the most votes by the end of the Day is the one chosen for murder.

If a player is murdered, they don't have to lose hope! Ret-Talus has kindly agreed to bring back the player in their normal form, but they may not vote at any time OR use their special power if they have one. They may, however, join in the conversation, and try to sway the players to vote in their alliance's favor. Speaking of which....

No matter when you got murdered (if you did at all), if your alliance meets the requirements to win, you do, too!! Likewise, if your alliance loses, so do you. So be careful!

I believe I covered all the Basics (har har), but if you think I missed something (or just want something to be cleared up), post it here! I'd be more than happy to edit this very lengthy post.

Just some "P.S." stuff:

PMs are allowed!! Also, they're the only way for the Slaves to scheme with one another, so it's in your best interest to learn the names of your fellow Zombies if you want them all to hear what you have to say.

This game is about LIES. If someone stabs you in the back, it's just a game. Stabbing players in the back is actually encouraged (unless you're playing for the same side; that' be really bad).

Lastly, if you want to play, you'll have to pick a unit other than a Fallen Kingdom unit. This is mainly to keep things simple, and it makes a big difference if you type "Zombie Warrior" instead of "Zombie Slave," but it's totally up to the Story Teller if Fallen Kingdom units will be allowed.

And I think that's it. If you're interested, just post so in this thread. If we can get enough people (11 or 12 should be enough, but I think we could try and get by with 10), then I'll set up a sign up thread. We'll take it from there.

Disclaimer: I used some of LordRaidor's original rules from Heroscapers (which can be found here. It is, however, extremely wordy, so beware when you click that link! It's also more in depth than this post, so you'll probably find more information there.

These are the people that confirmed their wanting to play in The First Game. Even if you posted in this thread, I added you because I assumed that you're interested, you implied interest, or blatantly said you were interested.

Confirmed Players for the First Game
    1.) jsmkd
    2.) elitebeatkrav
    3.) Quintaton16
    4.) Lord_Andrak
    5.) RoloCookie
    6.) Goblin King
    7.) Kaiser Cat
    8.) Anitar
    9.) Killer Lawnmower
    10.) Nicktheant
    11.) KCU Master 2007
    12.) mysterium

Maybe People

If you wish to have your name removed, just post or PM me saying so. This list is only to keep track of how many participants we could have for The First Game. We're shooting for 12!
    Last edited by DrAwsm; 12-01-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Edited "Confirmed Players" list.
    I wish I was in a Cave right now.... *hint* *hint*

Forum Games anyone?

Curse of Ret-Talus

I've always enjoyed the CoN on heroscapers. I was wondering when someone would try to implement the game here.

If you can get enough, depending on when we have the game, I should be able to play.
    The Books of Summoner Wars...someone had to do it
    35-27 on Vassal (56%) - MOST RECENT: SE vs VG/thenightsshadow

Vassal Tourney: 3-1 for 3rd Place

KCU's FanFic (updated 6-18-12)

Default Re: Curse of Ret-Talus

Quote Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
    I've always enjoyed the CoN on heroscapers. I was wondering when someone would try to implement the game here.

If you can get enough, depending on when we have the game, I should be able to play.
    Thanks for the support, KCU Master 2007! I was thinking we could start sometime in December, if everybody agrees on it. I'd like to be Story Teller (never done it before), but would be happy to let someone with more experience be it.

Forum Games anyone?

Curse of Ret-Talus

I never been a story teller either. However, a basic should be fairly straight forward. Keep your zombies and visionary straight and youll be fine.

Oh...and I have a good story to keep people entertained.

Default Kaiser=Destroyer of Hope?

One problem: If you go to a member's profile you can see what thread they're viewing. Puppet hunting would be too easy.
    Kalu > Talu
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I dont own any actual set or faction...i usually just borrow them from Truth. Talk about the saddest player haha.

Default Re: Curse of Ret-Talus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
    One problem: If you go to a member's profile you can see what thread they're viewing. Puppet hunting would be too easy.
    There would be no "Hivemind," for lack of a better term. The Zombie Slaves would communicate via PM only.

Forum Games anyone?

Curse of Ret-Talus

I think that there was a way around that on Heroscapers wasn't there?

Communitcating without a hive mine would be difficult.

Question Werewolf? ("There Castle" - Young Frankenstein)

Fudge!
    I didnt know about this on HS,
    It kinda seems like a Werewolf adaptation.
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

I would play. I am from heroscapers but I did not know about this game. sounds fun.
    Mom 3-10-1956 12-16-2008
    Dad 4-22-1961 7-18-2009

You had to get permission from Lord Raidor to play over there.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast