Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Chargers

Default The Book of Chargers

The Book of Chargers
    Common of the Tundra Orcs - Reinforcements 1: Rukar's Power

Chargers come from the ranks of the Painless, a cult-like subdivision of Tundra Orcs that believe a true warrior becomes unable to feel pain. Chargers hurl themselves headlong into a fray, uncaring of the horrendous wounds they may suffer. An enemy may take grim satisfaction in putting a blade through a Charger’s belly, but that will quickly fade when the Charger merely growls in annoyance.

Rulings and Clarifications
    Q. If I roll a 5 or 6 for Burst of Speed, do I have to move either two spaces or none at all?
    A. No. It should say "up to" two spaces, meaning you can move 0, 1, or 2 spaces.

Community Contributions
    N/A
    Last edited by Killer Lawnmower; 07-01-2011 at 10:20 PM.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

If I roll a 5 or 6 for Burst of Speed, can I choose to move 0 or 1 additional spaces, or do I actually have to move 2?
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

I'm pretty sure you don't have to move all two spaces if you choose not to.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

You can as it uses the wording "may."

I really like these guys, primarily as reliable replacements for smashers. Less offense, but i think their even on life since they dont take autowounds and they can really give good board movement.

My friend and I always play it that on 5&6 u may move 2 additional or none at all. Bc the card did not say up to. We compare it to gunner and she say the word up to. It would not make sense this card work differently even with out the up to wording

The way it's worded, if you roll 5+ for his charge, I think it's either 0 or 2 extra movement. There is indeed no "Up to" to make the decision. At least you can choose not to use extra movement, because of the "may".

I'm surprised I hadn't noticed that before. I truly wonder how we've been playing it...

I would like to hear from colby on this one, it seems odd that you would HAVE to move two or move none at all (extra).
    Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    The way it's worded, if you roll 5+ for his charge, I think it's either 0 or 2 extra movement. There is indeed no "Up to" to make the decision. At least you can choose not to use extra movement, because of the "may".

I'm surprised I hadn't noticed that before. I truly wonder how we've been playing it...
    I been playing it is either 2 extra movement or none, we been comparing to all the card in SW and that is the answer

Example is Grungor's 2 extra movement, it is the same, granting 2 additional space, but Grungor is "up to" and Charger is either or... also the same with gunner, swordman... etc

The word "may" only imply you either choose to move or not

There's also a lot more room on those other cards then on the Charger...which may be the reason for the lack of an "up to." but idk if that means its 0 or 2 or 0 to 2.

Hmm. Consistently, it should be up to. But since there's not actually an up to on the card... Hmm. This is a tough one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast