Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summoner Wars Free Build

Not in Free Build. But, the starting set-up must belong to the same faction as the Summoner.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    No, since your deck must be made up only of TO units or Mercenaries.
    This is the free-build thread.

EDIT: ninja'ed by tns. At the same time I'm in an iOS game against him.

Thanks for the answers everyone!
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

Lightbulb Fair vs. Foul

The plain Free Build variant seems good for tournament-style play, where players arrive with their own decks. But for casual/home play, where a single game set is being used to construct the decks, there could be disagreement over which cards are available to which player. I would propose a Semi-Free Build variant called "Fair vs. Foul," to take advantage of certain polarities that seem to be built into the game. One player conducts Free Build among the Fair factions, and the other among the Foul:

Fair Factions
    Vanguards
    All Elves
    All Dwarves
    Vargath
    Mercenaries

Foul Factions
    Fallen Kingdom
    Filth
    Benders
    All Orcs
    All Goblins
    Cloaks

These aligned factions are paired off in the Master Set, Starter Sets, and Reinforcement Packs, helping to keep the selection options balanced for the two players. My own collection is a little short on the Fair side (I've got Filth and Cloaks, but neither Mercenaries nor Jungle Elves). Still, this division seems like a good starting point for consideration of a house rule. (I could kick the Cloaks over to the Fair side, perhaps. Still, I expect I'll eventually have the full sixteen.)

Default "Alloy" Builds

Some other semi-free build options more restrictive than Fair vs. Foul, but still intended to resolve the division of a common collection, while affording some options for creativity:

Pan-Elven Build: Semi-free build among Shadow Elves, Phoenix Elves, Jungle Elves, and Saella (no other Mercenaries).
    Pan-Dwarven Build: Ditto for Deep Dwarves, Guild Dwarves, Duggle.
    Pan-Goblin Build: Ditto for Cave Goblins, Sand Goblins, Grubs.
    Pan-Orcish Build: Ditto for Tundra Orcs, Swamp Orcs.
    Diabolical Build: Semi-free build among Fallen Kingdom, Filth, Malevolence, and Demon Hands.
    Light cleaveth unto Light, and Filth to Filth; with pride one contemneth another.

These are interesting ideas, Carthoris. To round out the "Alloy" builds, one could add:

Pan-Beastman Build: Semi-free build for Mountain Vargath, Hulgorad, Khan Kheso, Khexhu, Kogar, Rath, Sairook, Urick, Bounders, Vermin
    Pan-Sorcerer Build: Ditto for Benders, Rallul's starter deck, Magos, Naan'Nashi, Owl Familiars, Stonecloaks, Time Mages
    Pan-Human Build: Ditto for Vanguard, Cloaks, Rygos, all Grounders, Rogues
    Last edited by Barliman; 08-15-2012 at 02:39 PM.

that is assuming rogues are human

I wasn't assuming ...

Barliman's got the packs already. Note that Urick is in the beastman category.

BTBAM is offline Loves the cheese. And vlogging! Geek Swagger extraordinaire. Record holder for most User titles.

I'm hoping to work up a deck today. I really think Sera is one of the better Summoners to use, non specific event cards besides Holy Judgement, good life and ranged, and I'd pack it with priests just for the healing ability and HJ combos. Summoning Surge I'd take over Magic Drain, just for the near ability to bring any champ out right after placing a wall and throwing down.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast