Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book of Climbers

Default The Book of Climbers

The Book of Climbers
    Common of the Cave Goblins: Reinforcements 1: Grungor's Charge

The Cave Goblins of the Mountains of Sorrow have long lived in the shadows of Dwarven fortifications, and they have become skilled in overcoming even the highest walls. Climbers use a variety of handmade tools to scale masonry. Some use rope and hooks, others crude climbing claws strapped to their arms. They are also silent in the tradition of proper Cave Goblin sneaks, and many a Dwarf guard has been surprised at his post, by a sudden swarm of foes pouring over the battlements.

Rulings and Clarifications
    Climbers can not move through walls if there is a GD Defender next to the wall.

Community Contributions
    N/A
    Last edited by Killer Lawnmower; 05-20-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

Default Tell us what you do or don't like about the climbers

I have the pack on its way so I figured this is the perfect time to ask a question about using these guys, I'm excited to give them a try.
    Last edited by bmwrider; 11-16-2013 at 12:59 AM.

They work well with Horde Attack. You can move over Walls, and that's not a common ability, and thus help the Wall destruction the CG do well with Horde attack on Walls. They also have range, sometimes making pot shots possible. And they have some additional toughness, which is nice but won't work often.

The bad point is their cost. They cost 1, and the Cave Goblins don't want to spend too much magic in order to get their champs out. They usually play everything that costs 0, and since their units are frail, the opponent is going to have tons of magic. And the cost of 1 means no Rage or Rush.

I like Climbers. It's just a shame you are limited to 18 commons in a deck, and that the 18 first would be 0 costers.

on top of what Phoenixio saids, I would add that Climber plays a strange mind game on your opp... they tend to NOT attack climber since they have less chance being hit once walled, your opp will tend to ignore them, not wanting to waste attack on them and rather prioritize on other unit such as Fighter

which strangely enable climber to really choke up their wall and/or pot shot their summoner for huge damage when CG event are combo'ed the very next turn

lessen learn here is , once Climber get to your wall, dispose of it because otherwise you will pay heavily for underestimating them

Default Clarification

At one point or another, it would be nice to note that if a defender is adjacent to a wall the Climber may not move through it.
    Kalu > Talu
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I dont own any actual set or faction...i usually just borrow them from Truth. Talk about the saddest player haha.

These guys never seem to get there ability. 4 or Higher no problem. It never fails. I use these guys for wall clogging but they never seem to use there ability. It is so annoying.
    Always looking for vassal game just PM me or leave a visitor message to play.

I think the point of these guys is to win little, 1-coster shootouts. They go in, kill something, then get cannibalized. I've got a few in my current CG deck, but I've only played a couple games with it. They weren't particularly effective in either, but I think that writing this has actually given me a little bit of insight into how to work them.

The answer to this question is probably obvious, but does going through a wall count as one movement? So, in this example below, it would take the Climber 2 movement to move to bracket 1? I apologise for the noobish question, Im a new player.

[_][1][_]
    [_][W][_]
    [_][CL][_]

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookinizer View Post
    The answer to this question is probably obvious, but does going through a wall count as one movement? So, in this example below, it would take the Climber 2 movement to move to bracket 1? I apologise for the noobish question, Im a new player.

[_][1][_]
    [_][W][_]
    [_][CL][_]

Yes - it costs 1 movement for the Climber to move onto the wall, and 1 to move off, so that would cost 2 movement.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
    At one point or another, it would be nice to note that if a defender is adjacent to a wall the Climber may not move through it.
    I don't think that being up on a wall is considered adjacent due to the fact that your above the defender.

I only mean to suggest this could be the case, the word adjecent mean directly next to and being at a higher level is not directly next to.

please correct me if I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast