Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Beast Riders

Default The Book of Beast Riders

The Book of Beast Riders
    Common of the Cave Goblins: Reinforcements 1: Grungor's Charge

On the third day of the Feast of Mourning, in the year 1170 AL, the Dwarven outpost known as the Elder Ward was attacked by Goblins. At first the defenders were confused, for the Goblins seemed only interested in opening the gates. But when those gates were at last thrown open, the Dwarves inside understood their peril. Swarms of Goblins riding Mole Dogs burst through, and fell upon the hapless inhabitants like locusts. When the next trade caravan arrived at the outpost they found naught but carnage, and large amounts of strange, alien dung.

Rulings and Clarifications
    N/A

Community Contributions
    N/A
    Last edited by Killer Lawnmower; 04-07-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

I find myself really coming to like the Beast Riders. I know they aren't that powerful, and don't work with the Goblin Event Cards, but I've started to add 3-4 of them in my deck a lot of the time. I think they are very good at getting to an unsuspecting summoner, especially Prince Elien. We never know what's in each other's deck, so I keep one of them in my hand and when their summoner is next to an open lane I'll shoot him straight in for a hit. It's great at whittling down their life.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

I concur, all CG deck should always have 1-2 of these for that surprise attack that often ends game

having at least 1 in your deck open up that option when the chance occur for you to push forward just for that 1 final blow on their summoner/champ

CG players know that CG is one of those deck you dont often need to build magic as all your unit is cheap or free, so holding one of these Beast Rider is not as crippling as let say playing VG where you need to build your hand and holding lots of cards in hand often spell doom down the road

I've never been a big fan of the Beast Riders myself, but I have seen them be used very effectively by my opponents recently. Rush maybe two of them in and use a Goblin Horde Attack to get in some good hits early on if you can.
    Sera Eldwyn's boyfriend is a filthy cultististist in CoRT Round IX. Why is everyting so dirty, and filthy? I must clean everythings.

Goblin Horde attack with these guys and climbers can be brutal.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    Goblin Horde attack with these guys and climbers can be brutal.
    Seriously, I am a big fan of the Climbers, but maybe now I should try a combo with the Beast Riders, hmmmmm.
    Sera Eldwyn's boyfriend is a filthy cultististist in CoRT Round IX. Why is everyting so dirty, and filthy? I must clean everythings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sera Eldwyn's boyfriend View Post
    I've never been a big fan of the Beast Riders myself, but I have seen them be used very effectively by my opponents recently. Rush maybe two of them in and use a Goblin Horde Attack to get in some good hits early on if you can.
    Don't forget to switch one of them with Sneeks. And if you can use GI

Quote Originally Posted by Marroking1 View Post
    Don't forget to switch one of them with Sneeks. And if you can use GI
    Yeah, I think it might be worth it to consider having a few in your deck just for that ability.

And, related, if you're a big fan of Naan'Nashi, units with the Rider ability in general are great.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Beast Rider + GI + Naan'Nashi is pretty stinkin cool. Gives me a better idea, though....

Off to the book of NN!
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Beast Rider + Sneeks's sly is already cool enough in my book but with GI, it is deadly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast