Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Tordok

Default The Book of Tordok

The Book of Tordok
    Champion of the Guild Dwarves - Reinforcements 1: Grungor's Charge

The priest Tordok was once an advocate of peace, but he became enraged when his wife was killed in a Cave Goblin attack on the West Citadel. Now he has sworn oaths of revenge, and willingly joins any Guild Dwarf battle force for the chance to kill Goblins. On the battlefield he wields ancient runes to hurl magic bolts at his foes, and to protect those brothers who fight by his side.

Rulings and Clarifications
    N/A

Community Contributions
    N/A
    Last edited by Killer Lawnmower; 11-24-2010 at 09:20 PM.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

Default Interesting tactic for this guy

Place tordok behind a wall, and place two ballista on either side of him. They well discourage building walls in those two lanes, and any opponet attacking the ballista will need three 5+ hits. And a five range advantage means you can touch the enemy anywhere if you place the formation right.

I really like this idea, I'm gonna have to try it next time I play the GD.
    The Books of Summoner Wars...someone had to do it
    35-27 on Vassal (56%) - MOST RECENT: SE vs VG/thenightsshadow

Vassal Tourney: 3-1 for 3rd Place

KCU's FanFic (updated 6-18-12)

It can be a hard nut to crack (and a little tricky to set up too). I love the defensive line it can give you to work as a jumping off point, but it clogs up your own wall too (gotta move the fresh summons to clear LoS for the balsitae). I find it's best to use in a deck build where you'll want to just sit and build magic for several rounds, or if you can afford to sit on a few walls, set up the pod then place new walls on the sides of the map to summon up some fresh troops into the enemy zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sitnam90 View Post
    Place tordok behind a wall, and place two ballista on either side of him. They well discourage building walls in those two lanes, and any opponet attacking the ballista will need three 5+ hits. And a five range advantage means you can touch the enemy anywhere if you place the formation right.
    Nice suggestion. I'll have to try it. Though the relationship between units is completely different, it kinda reminds me of Codeman's Orc Cannon for Heroscape. If it proves effective and with Sitnam's blessing, this formation could be dubbed the "Dwarf Cannon".
    Last edited by mrkurtb; 03-08-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: I have a bad habit of typing first and thinking of stuff second.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkurtb View Post
    Nice suggestion. I'll have to try it. Though the relationship between units is completely different, it kinda reminds me of Codeman's Orc Cannon for Heroscape. If it proves effective and with Sitnam's blessing, this formation could be dubbed the "Dwarf Cannon".
    Sounds good to me! Even though I have no idea what the Orc cannon is; I'm one of the few here who never played Heroscape

Quote Originally Posted by sitnam90 View Post
    I just took this idea and ran a wall-destroying deck today, it was quite affective at closing in and forcing my opp to go around the map (as shown below) and also gave him problem on his wall

my setup eventually

[_] [w] [_] [_] [_] [_]
    [B] [T] [B] [w] [_] [_]
    [_] [_] [_] [_] [_] [_]
    [_] [_] [_] [_] [_] [_]

I basically block off the left side of my map and made a choke point for my opp... my strag was to send out engineer to take down their walls along with help of defender and ballista, also used all BtW event and Heroic Feat on all wall attack, than once they are out of walls, I slowly take my time to out unit them, I got the win at a 3 to 1 ratio with this method and it was hella fun

That's awesome to hear. With reinforcements and AHiB this combo could be brought out quickly. I haven't gotten to try it yet (I was theorizing when I posted) but now that I know it works I'm definitely trying it this weekend. Do you know the exact deck build you used?

I just finish another game of this wall buster deck taken from your idea, it is quite strong against TO but once my opp knew my tactic, he just always kept a unit in front of his wall as meat shield... I played two games (still playing third game atm), one I won, the other he used his meat shield tactic and somehow took down MY own wall and Fury his way to my Tordok, not to mention he start to know where my second wall would be plant, so he just kept that space fill. Fun game still but this for sure need to be more refine as once they know, the tactic dont work anymore lol

This is my deck for now, need to refine it

7x Ballista
    5x Engineer
    4x Defender
    2x Spearmen

1x Tordok
    1x Grungor
    1x Mango

Its important to hold at least 1 of each Engineer and Ballista mid game as you need the element of surprise, summon engineer on your forward wall and take down their un-meat shielded wall, keeping them scare from not to meat them. Ballista works the same and also good idea to move it to choke point once you have the setup going as now you covered all six vertical line to hurt their walls. Defender sole purpose is to lock down as wall is the main goal, do everything to take down their wall, dont worry about anything else

So far I found that Grungor is the best Champion to have as 1) I need a cheaper'ish Champ as I often has no magic due to the fact I usually dont destroy their unit much and Ballista is expensive in the long run. 2) His charge ability is super freaking great to charge up and take to their wall and/or fill up their wall space so they cannot meat shield them. Than once your turn again, move Grungor to the side, attack for 4 than attack ballista for 3... stupidly strong if things works out... and his 4 attack is damn scary.

Anyways, so far it works quite good and hella fun, thanks for your idea, as I always want to make a wall buster deck and your Todok idea is so damn golden, it literally cover four rolls with the help of surprise engineers and it blocks off the map, 3x 5hit roll is hella tough to take down those Ballista, even for a champion, as the setup only allows one chance of hit since they cannot surround my ballista
    Last edited by Sauam; 03-30-2011 at 02:56 AM.

He was one of the last units I had yet to play (there are still a few more) for the first time, until yesterday. When I first saw him I completely underrated him, it was probably his 4 health. I mixed a solid amount of Defenders with Spear Grounders and Guardsmen in replacement of Spearmen and Engineers and I was very satisfied with that game. I brought Tordok out early and surrounded him with Spear Grounders and Defenders and really owned board control from that point onward; Tordok stayed on the board the whole game and I don't think he took any wounds. I also did very well with wall destruction and did not use a single ballista or engineer (I killed the one I had with Oldin for magic). My opponent was playing JE with Khan and Vermins, which is a very tough matchup for the JE against GD's defenders, but I was very satisfied with Tordok nonetheless. I think he, along with Spear Grounders, will be in the next few Guild Dwarf decks I play now that I've tried out all of their units.
    Heroscape-Summoner Wars-SSB64
    Channel
    BEASTMODE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast