Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Plaid Hat Corps call for volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
    I have started demoing this game at the library where I work to the youth. They are very underpriviledged kids that go to an inner city school and they pretty much just come to the library every day since their home life is so bad. Since there are too many kids to fit at the limited amount of computers I created a gaming club that up til now just included the Wii. The kids have lots of fun playing that but I just started bringing Summoner Wars and have been teaching them how to play.

They are having tons of fun with the game so far. They really love looking at the cards and spend pretty much the entire game trying to build magic to summon the Champions which they all love. The strategy actually has worked for them very well so far. They love the different factions ( I have only used the starter sets so far). It is going well and every day they ask me if I have brought the game with me so they can play. I do worry a little since it is my copy of the game and not the library's (perhaps sometime I can convince them to buy the game for the kids), but it is a great experience.

The game is really teaching them how to strategize and most importantly I am noticing that it gives them practice for reading. A lot of these kids cannot read very well but I make them actually read the cards and figure out how it works. I will obviously help them out if they need it but I am really trying to promote them helping themselves. I think it's a great service.

I didn't really want to start a new thread talking about this so I thought I'd just post it here cause it seems to fit. Thanks to Truth and the whole design team for making this game. I think it will make a big difference in the education of these kids' lives.

If there is anything else you would like to do or if sometime you can think of a way of improving upon what I am doing please don't hesitate to tell me about it. Thanks again!
    You are great man!

I am already working on it... Teaching many people to play and convincing them to download the app.

Just my grain of sand. Now could you please balance the game or modernize the old factions? Many people abandon the game when they find out about these things... And I am talking about people who really love the game and would like it to be as balanced as possible. I abandoned the game myself for over a year, but came back because I still have hope that something will be done, so please do it!!!!!!!!

Our next big convention in Monterrey, Mexico (April 1-3) and the next ones are in Saltillo (April 17) Meanwhile I run demos in the local stores until the next convention. 30 of April included (ITTD)

This events of Cintermex have an assitance of more than 35,000 people.

You have a demo program or demo team ?

If you can confirm me to my mail will be awesome : [email protected]

The others big cons are June 4-5 Cancun and July 15-17 here in Monterrey

Thanks in advance
    Jacobo Cisneros
    I'm a roadie

for creating events, are SW tourneys the only events we can create as official Plaid Hat promotion? It seems to be the only option on the Event Organizer PDF. What about demo nights or a Mice & Mystics campaign, etc?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678