Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plaid Hat Corps call for volunteers

Default Plaid Hat Corps call for volunteers

Plaid Hat Games is looking for volunteers to join the Plaid Hat Corps and help bring new players into the game.

If you are interested in teaching Summoner Wars to new players PM me for an application to become a part of the Plaid Hat Corps.

Thumbs down Id Like To Join!

Id like to join the plaid hat corps. I know the people at the gaming store i go to would love this game. My email address is [email protected]. I live in the San Fernando Valley, CA outside of Los Angeles and frequent Game Ogre and Njoy games and comics.

thank you
    Jimmy Crowell

What does it imply? I mean, I'm already showing the game to the most people I can, including during conventions here in Quebec. Will there be any difference with what most of us already do? Advantages? Privileges? A badge to show off with?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    What does it imply? I mean, I'm already showing the game to the most people I can, including during conventions here in Quebec. Will there be any difference with what most of us already do? Advantages? Privileges? A badge to show off with?
    We are still ironing out the details, but the program is meant to encourage demoing on a regular basis and reward demoers that do so.

I have started demoing this game at the library where I work to the youth. They are very underpriviledged kids that go to an inner city school and they pretty much just come to the library every day since their home life is so bad. Since there are too many kids to fit at the limited amount of computers I created a gaming club that up til now just included the Wii. The kids have lots of fun playing that but I just started bringing Summoner Wars and have been teaching them how to play.

They are having tons of fun with the game so far. They really love looking at the cards and spend pretty much the entire game trying to build magic to summon the Champions which they all love. The strategy actually has worked for them very well so far. They love the different factions ( I have only used the starter sets so far). It is going well and every day they ask me if I have brought the game with me so they can play. I do worry a little since it is my copy of the game and not the library's (perhaps sometime I can convince them to buy the game for the kids), but it is a great experience.

The game is really teaching them how to strategize and most importantly I am noticing that it gives them practice for reading. A lot of these kids cannot read very well but I make them actually read the cards and figure out how it works. I will obviously help them out if they need it but I am really trying to promote them helping themselves. I think it's a great service.

I didn't really want to start a new thread talking about this so I thought I'd just post it here cause it seems to fit. Thanks to Truth and the whole design team for making this game. I think it will make a big difference in the education of these kids' lives.

If there is anything else you would like to do or if sometime you can think of a way of improving upon what I am doing please don't hesitate to tell me about it. Thanks again!

Wow gamjuven. That's amazing...If this was like Heroscapers, I'd +rep you! Sounds like your doing a really amazing thing.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

I'd be interested. This past weekend I demoed the game twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Lawnmower View Post
    Wow gamjuven. That's amazing...If this was like Heroscapers, I'd +rep you! Sounds like your doing a really amazing thing.
    I didn't mean to make it sound like "look what I'M doing". I mainly was sharing it to thank the designers for making such a great game. Their game is very popular with kids and I think it will do a lot of good. I am merely showing them how to play.

Question Im interested....

I too would love to help make this game as popular as it deserves to be (which is very popular if you had any doubts) but who is organising this?
    Id like to hear it from Truth before I agree to anything... sorry but id like to know this is official.
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Actually, I should ask, what the difference between a demo and roping somebody into playing a game with you?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast