Thread: Elves vs. Orcs

Default Elves vs. Orcs

I made myself Proxies of the Elf and Orc Decks to test the game out. I just finished my first game.

Orcs win die roll and Elves go first.

Elves strike swiftly and quickly by cutting through both Fighters and powering up the Magic Pile. Orcs try to strike back, and hit decently.
    End of Turn 1: Elven Advantage

Elves summon up another Archer to replace a fallen one and a Warrior to help. More Orc deaths follow with the danger of Grognack. However, Orcs summon a Smasher and the combination of the Smashers and Grognack rips through some frail little Elves. Orcs also set up a wall this turn.
    End of Turn 2: Even

Elves are low on resources, so this turn is used mostly to attack and build magic. They take out a Smasher. Orcs summon a Smasher and a Shaman and crack some more Elven skulls. Grognack isnt needed this turn.
    End of Turn 3: Orc Advantage

Elves summon Maelena. She moves her way towards Grognack. She and Prince Elien are both frozen. However, Grognack cannot quell the flames of Maelena, leaving her with 1 health left.
    End of Turn 4: Orc Advantage

Maelena smacks half of Grognacks Life out of him after thawing and Elien summons another common. Orcs respond by executing Maelena and a Guardian.
    End of Turn 5: Orc Advantage

By this time, the Orcs have gained decent momentum and go aggresive. They start beating on the walls of the Elves as quickly as they are set up. Elien was set up perfectly to defend against this though with the walls and him as corners of a diamond. Elien gets smashed and retaliates, while frantically summoning any combatant he can. In the end, both sides were left with no draw pile, less than 4 units, and a pretty even match. However, Grognacks chilling attacks were too much for Elien to stomach, and the Orcs won this battle.

Aftergame thoughts-
    This is a very well built game. There are great advantages to going either first or second. Momentum can change between turns very easily. It was a very exciting match. Awesome game truth!

Yup, that sounds like a game of Summoner Wars! Well written battle report. Thanks for that.

Wow...I didn't realize just how quickly this game can go. You wrote out 5 turn summaries here and sort of lumped the end game together so there where what, 6-7 turns in the game?

If that's the case you don't have much time to fix a mistake if you make one, you may not be able to fix a mistake at all actually.

Truth, this gets better and better the more I read about it.

Actually the summary at the end was for quite a few turns. I just couldnt remember the details.

Ok. I haven't been able to do any kind of proxie yet (probably won't either) and it just struck me as being a quick, brutal game.

Yeah, having played the game I read into the fact that he was summarizing quite a bit of the end game.

Next time I'll take a few notes and get a more accurate ending

Freeze doesn't work on summoners

Quote Originally Posted by Takanuva View Post
    Freeze doesn't work on summoners
    Yeah it does.