Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was the last movie you watched?

Finally got to see Guardians of the Galaxy. I laughed more than expected -- fun movie. Also saw Captain America: Winter Solider, which I liked but didn't love. The only two superhero movies now on my list are Amazing Spiderman 2 and Thor: The Dark World, but I know ratings weren't that great for either.

Would love to see the new TV show Gotham, but can't. Anyone watching it? Thoughts?

Netflix has WB's Arrow (TV series on Green Arrow) but not sure I want to commit to it if it's anything like the WB's Smallville, which I couldn't stomach.

Gotham - Pretty good, check it out.

Arrow - Entertaining if you can put up with terrible actors and writing that is so cheesy it can only come from a comic book itself.

Flash - Same as above with better acting and it's less dark.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Just good. Watch it, be entertained, and don't expect too much.

Just saw Nightcrawler, Jake Gyllenhaal will win Best Actor.
    Highly recommend this movie, it exploits everything I hate about the media and "News" stations/programs.
    It's in the top 3 movies I saw in 2014 along with The LEGO Movie and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Now I just can't wait for Interstellar!
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Quote Originally Posted by JYoder View Post
    Finally got to see Guardians of the Galaxy. I laughed more than expected -- fun movie. Also saw Captain America: Winter Solider, which I liked but didn't love. The only two superhero movies now on my list are Amazing Spiderman 2 and Thor: The Dark World, but I know ratings weren't that great for either.

Would love to see the new TV show Gotham, but can't. Anyone watching it? Thoughts?

Netflix has WB's Arrow (TV series on Green Arrow) but not sure I want to commit to it if it's anything like the WB's Smallville, which I couldn't stomach.
    Gotham is pretty amazing, it's currently competing for my favorite TV show with The Walking Dead, Modern Family, and The Big Bang Theory. I'd highly recommend it. The one and only issue I have is that one character is pretty obviously a static character, but with what they made him and how he dies in the series, he really should be more dynamic. Other than that minor flaw (which is excusable due to the character's minor screen time in comparison to other characters of similar importance), it's a great series.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

I only watched that film once and remember it being very interesting. The films I love by Carpenter are The Thing and Halloween. I might check out Assault on Precinct 13 at some point, which I never watched and heard it's good

I retract what I said about Flash, in the last four episodes it seems like the actors and writers just gave up.

Also, I highly recommend Interstellar!

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Person of interest. Best show I have ever watched.
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

Person of interest. Best show I have ever watched.
    Because of Jim Caviezel?

Also it can't be. You've watched Psych.

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist

Dog Soldiers. British soldiers fight a pack of werewolves in the Scottish Highlands. And Sean Pertwee (Alfred in Gotham) is hilariously awesome in this movie.

Centurion, Arn: The Knight Templar and Eagle are all on Netflix. All three were above average or really good I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Genestealer View Post
    Centurion, Arn: The Knight Templar and Eagle are all on Netflix. All three were above average or really good I thought.
    I love the first two! The reason I never saw The Eagle is because I don't particularly care for the acting of Channing Tatum.

Recently saw Almost Famous, which I loved (I'm a sucker for all movies about Rock n' Roll), but it was seriously well written and well acted. It also got really deep/"real" without getting emotional.

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast