Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marek's abilities on champs

It sounds super strong vs Sam ...

Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU! View Post

Also, slightly unrelated, any playtesters know how badly vlox demolishes Marek? He can copy their Sandcloaks and their event abilities, which means he can get a ton of abilities and/or options at once.
    How?? Marek's deck has event abilities, Vlox doesn't and cannot have them

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by blackholexan View Post
    How?? Marek's deck has event abilities, Vlox doesn't and cannot have them
    Vlox can use his ability to copy one of Marek's units that has an EA on it, getting all the abilities.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Vlox can use his ability to copy one of Marek's units that has an EA on it, getting all the abilities.
    Ok I was not thinking about the match-up, was too focused on them as Summoners of the same units :P

Quote Originally Posted by dok View Post
    Yeah, that Hawk spam only works if you keep escaping back into the same place (or somewhere else that is adjacent to the figure you are attacking next. In that form, though, you basically get to use Hawk's power 3 extra times if you spend 3 magic to do so, which is pretty powerful.

I imagine Vlox dominates Jexik, too, right? Maybe not as badly since Vlox can't copy Jexik directly. At any rate, I don't think it's any more slanted than stuff like Oldin v. Mugglug, but sure, it's good for Vlox. If you allow Marek to deckbuild for the matchup, she can just run a ton of Sand Goblin units and she'll do fine. It's not like those are bad units.
    Vlox can learn Jexik‘s ability but it’s nonsense,considering it happens before event phase.

one option for Admiral is not to use his power at all. Put retribution and camo on him and advance on the opponent like a juggernaut. IF they try to surround him, switch camo to blitz and punish the crap out of them. This would also work good with sand drake. although sand drake tends to be more vulnerable with cards under it, this also means your opponent might be more desperate to attack sand drake. If your sand drake is loaded with a thief or two, begin unloading as the sand drake gets worn down. Or go for the glory, load sand drake up and let out a massive 4 or 5 AV blitz turn, then try to kill him yourself and get all the magic back.

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    If Marek knows she's up against Vlox, she presumably plays with only Sand Goblins? ;-)

Wraith works with all of her move trickery, is immune to Assassinate, and its discard-on-attack increases the single-target ranged potential that already exists with Shaman.

I think you play with max Wraiths and Cyrus, hoping to get him on Admiral. Hell, maybe Lukestor too -- despite his inability to gain Event Abilities, he doesn't help Vlox, and he blocks the Scrappers that usually come along with Admiral.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12