Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marek's abilities on champs

Default Marek's abilities on champs

Marek can put two abilities on any given champ. One underneath it and another from Marek’s ability. Here’s what I think will be the best two on each champ.

Biter – Retribution, Marked target: Can’t move anyway so might as well be a pain to hit, was good anti champ made even better

Kreep – Escape, Blitz: Can pick target better then Biter making Blitz more practical then escape from the cowardice

Sand Wyrm – Flee, Blitz: Can get into sneaky areas with tunnel for better blitzing, you can’t surround and pound sand wyrm with flee, he can tunnel away

Silts – Swift, Flee: Movement tricks with swift get better, the limitation of grater sneak might hamper silts synergy so swift is preferred, flee can help keep the best champ in the game alive

Stink – Camouflage, Flee: maximize his life for more luck

Trak- Camouflage, Marked target: Harder for enemy to use flanking commons to hit Tark, take down that champ faster

Dagger – Greater sneak, Marked target: 6 dice on a champ, BAMM

Doc - Camouflage, Flee: protect the medic

Hawk – Escape, Flee, Hawk strike spam

Kyra – Far shot, Camouflage, Extend the range and protect the cannon

Scam – Far shot, Swift super versatile

Sin-Sin – Escape, Blitz Is blitz charm a thing?

Spider - Greater sneak, Marked target: Super Assentation

The Admiral – Swift, Flee Keep the damage sink in range of his loved ones

Violet – Far Shot, Flee, Big AOE attack then run away when you get hit

When deciding what champs and commons to put in Mareks deck it will be important to think about which ones all benefit from the same event abilities so one of them can be placed under Marek to optimize Master Teacher. Of course this will vary depending on who your facing. Put marked target on a unit every turn will be awesome when facing one of the big three.

What do others think?

A couple things:

1) You can't Sin-Sin charm spam because it is instead of attacking and Blitz reads "When this unit attacks..."
    2) Hawk spam, that's crazy but get this even crazier combination: Escape + Blitz. Escape states that after you attack you may immediately spend 1 magic to move 2 spaces. Furthermore, Blitz clearly states you may attack up to two units that WERE adjacent to your unit when the attack started. Meaning, if you have 3 magic, Escape, and Blitz you could theoretically make 7 attacks with Hawk in a turn

Scenario:
    1) Normal Move - Hawk Attack
    2) Normal Attack
    3) Escape - Hawk Attack
    4) Blitz - 1st additional attack
    5) Escape - Hawk Attack
    6) Blitz - 2nd additional attack
    7) Escape - Hawk Attack

If that holds up RAW that is an amazing amount of attacks and movement in 1 turn: 10 dice and 8 spaces moved total from 1 unit for 3 magic.

Yep escape blitz for hawk is crazy, the more you get looking at it, the more you want to put every champ in her deck haha

It makes me wonder if the biggest challenge of Marek is dealing with the cards you are dealt. Since each event is unique she will require skillful adaptation without a perfect draw.

Keep in mind Hawk can only blitz on units he starts the attack phase adjacent to. So he can't move away from them with Escape if he wants to attack again. Plus, the escape is expensive. You could do the same thing minus escape and get 7 dice for 3 less magic and 1 less event. That's just Blitz being good.

Also, slightly unrelated, any playtesters know how badly vlox demolishes Marek? He can copy their Sandcloaks and their event abilities, which means he can get a ton of abilities and/or options at once.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Bálđur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

Yeah, that Hawk spam only works if you keep escaping back into the same place (or somewhere else that is adjacent to the figure you are attacking next. In that form, though, you basically get to use Hawk's power 3 extra times if you spend 3 magic to do so, which is pretty powerful.

I imagine Vlox dominates Jexik, too, right? Maybe not as badly since Vlox can't copy Jexik directly. At any rate, I don't think it's any more slanted than stuff like Oldin v. Mugglug, but sure, it's good for Vlox. If you allow Marek to deckbuild for the matchup, she can just run a ton of Sand Goblin units and she'll do fine. It's not like those are bad units.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I like ESCAPE on Kyra for hit and run stuff. Sand Wyrm really likes FLEE and CAMOUFLAGE.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

I probably wont be running Biter with Marek. Given the disadvantage of his ability I think alot of the fun movement options are lost on him. That said I kinda like camouflage/retribution for Biter. Prevent him from getting pinged at range, forcing your opp to deal with retribution wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    A couple things:

1) You can't Sin-Sin charm spam because it is instead of attacking and Blitz reads "When this unit attacks..."
    2) Hawk spam, that's crazy but get this even crazier combination: Escape + Blitz. Escape states that after you attack you may immediately spend 1 magic to move 2 spaces. Furthermore, Blitz clearly states you may attack up to two units that WERE adjacent to your unit when the attack started. Meaning, if you have 3 magic, Escape, and Blitz you could theoretically make 7 attacks with Hawk in a turn

Scenario:
    1) Normal Move - Hawk Attack
    2) Normal Attack
    3) Escape - Hawk Attack
    4) Blitz - 1st additional attack
    5) Escape - Hawk Attack
    6) Blitz - 2nd additional attack
    7) Escape - Hawk Attack

If that holds up RAW that is an amazing amount of attacks and movement in 1 turn: 10 dice and 8 spaces moved total from 1 unit for 3 magic.
    That's a nice combo, but pretty expensive and you only do some extra dice against Commons.
    Winter is Coming...

That's what others have said too. I admit it's expensive but you have the option of stopping whenever needed. Ideally you'd want Escape on Hawk (which I think you'd want on him usually anyway) and Blitz on Marek to teach. I'm just saying, 3 magic to theoretically kill up to 7 units is a deal most would take - of course the caveats are that they must already be wounded or you must be playing against low HP factions such as SE or BD. Additionally, though you can move 8 spaces you can only ever net about 6 spaces away from your starting point (realistically 4 probably) due to Hawk's attack being melee rather than ranged - as pointed out by Tau.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast