Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jexik and the Spying Twins Signup (Micro CoRT) [Started]

I mean with no nights and no power roles, the only way Cloaks have to gain information is vote analysis, and only 1 wrong vote before losing, so there needs to be enough time for several bandwagons to form and fall apart for this setup to work. With a short deadline, it would seem too close to random to me.

Fair enough, it all seems random to me anyways. But I'm totally okay with playing for a week
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Okay, so rereading some old CoRT games, I'm realizing there are some differences from the way this has been played before that were not sufficiently clear in my assumptions. Because this is a game with only 6 players, it will be over before much has happened (2-3 people eliminated one way or another, can't possibly by more.) I HATE random games, I'm all about the strategy, and I chose this to be short, small, but non-random. But for that to be true, it can't just be a couple votes once. I'll try to lay this out in bullet points without helping either Cloaks or Benders disproportionately. Should have made this clear earlier, but the need only became clear to me once I kicked things off.

• You MAY change or remove your vote after you have voted.
    • You MAY NOT edit posts more than 5 minutes or so after making them. Correct for grammar but no changing content.
    • You MAY (and probably should) speak to others outside the thread. I would love it if you include me in the PM or email (if you don't have my email, I'm happy to give it to you.)
    • I will have no trouble keeping track of votes as long as you BOLD & Red-color your Votes and Unvotes, don't worry about me.
    • When someone is chosen, Jexik will eliminate them. You will then find out definitively whether they were a Loyal Cloak or a Bender Spy.

And some minor multi-faction strategy tips:
    • Remember, there are only 2 days, you only need to choose correctly once, or get the Cloaks to choose wrong twice.
    • Votes speak louder than words.
    • Even if people say they are being random, few ever do anything without a reason.
    • It might be a stupid reason though.
    • I know it's weird but voting more is probably your best tool for winning the game
    • Cloaks: You can look at how people vote to analyze who is suspicious much more strongly than just what people say.
    • Benders: If you get people to put down votes, it can be easier to ensure those votes are on the right people (Loyal Cloaks) instead of on you. You avoid losing by surprise random chance.
    • Regardless of the deadline, the day is over if at ANY point we have a majority of votes on one player, both sides can use this to their advatage
    • NOT allowing the vote to reach majority can be strategic, or something worth analyzing too

I'll post an updated vote count every couple of days, or whenever there are a bunch of new votes since the last time I did one.

I will answer any rules or math/game-theory question here out of character and honestly to the best of my ability. Rules decisions are final, but theory stuff is always tinged by opinion. Do keep in mind that I'm pretty sure this setup is evenly balanced between the sides and NON-RANDOM. Me talking strategy is a bit non-traditional, but it's a small game and anything to get this started. I'll stop doing it if it looks like people are trying to use this for in-game posturing, but I will respond with PMs.

Thanks, you guys are great, sorry this went on so long, main-thread update incoming.
    Last edited by umbrageofsnow; 09-30-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Was that too rambly? I'm worried it will be hard to absorb, so feel free to sum up for your fellows here, if someone reads this and thinks there were only a couple relevant points.

This game reminds me of the mission "With Friends Like These..." in Skyrim.

Check it out, it's eerily similar.

Here is the video walk through (this is exactly what I am imagining in this round of CoRT):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgdhpo2up98

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

I have to justify my edit on the in-game thread. I just had to add a space between sentences because it was KILLING my OCD. It won't happen again.

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist

So day 1 has been over since Monday with no lynch (1 vote for Violet, 1 vote for Spider). There were also 1 vote each for Dagger and Fink, but the voters forgot to put them in bold red font, so I'm not sure if they really count. Doesn't really matter, since no one was killed either way. Umbrage, are you planning on posting to end the day and giving us a deadline for the second one?

I probably should have voted but for some reason I remembered wrong and thought the deadline was tonight. Oh well.

I think you can still vote. UoS could be gone indefinitely so we could try to have someone take over for him if he doesn't come back soon enough.

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist

So who is out? Should we continue or just reveal who was what?

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234