Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jexik and the Spying Twins Signup (Micro CoRT) [Started]

I want to play! I'm Violet!
    Mom 3-10-1956 12-16-2008
    Dad 4-22-1961 7-18-2009

Quote Originally Posted by umbrageofsnow View Post
    Jebuh, I'm not meaning it as an insult, I loved reading through the old games.

The only thing is, I tried to read the rules...

I don't mean any offence by it, but they are kind of incomprehensible. So I'm not sure how much I am changing, because it seems like you guys all silently agreed to ignore some things and use others. I just am treating it as Mafia with RPing, which seems close to what you were doing. If you want to run one, by all means, run one. I really want to play, but since everyone talks about it and no one starts one, I did.
    The thing about the rules for CoRT is this: It's a role-playing game, first and foremost. That being said, there is a single statement at the very start of the rules that sums up why the rules flex so much from game to game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebuh214 View Post
    *Most of these rules can be altered at the discretion of the Storyteller*
    Otherwise, the only thing I have to say is that though they may seem incomprehensible at a glance, if you go through and study them, they are exactly what we attempted to do each and every game. There are some rules such as the "Advanced Player vs. Basic Player Rules" that we simply couldn't adhere to, due to the fluctuation of players we had on a regular basis.

Now as to say that you can't run one, I'm not going to stop you. I think it's great that we're getting CoRT going again. I absolutely loved it when I was playing on a regular basis. I was just tired of not getting a large enough response from the forums to play a decent game. I would definitely like to talk more with you about the possibility of getting full sized CoRT's up and running again if this one goes successfully. So just PM, and we can talk.

Oh and also if there are any points that you didn't understand specifically about the CoRT rules, just let me know in the PM and hopefully I can clear them up for you!

-Jebuh214
    "BRA GABRAHAHAGABA"
    "(ME MUGGLUG!)"
    "And I'm Maldaria... in The Twelve Masks of The Summoner"

"Now remember... Don't spam Rune Mages and never use Rallul."
    GLISA OFFICIAL RECORD: 4th Place
    2-3 (751 Summoner Strength Points)

As an update we played an impromptu game of One Day CoRT yesterday via VASSAL that was fun. We just need 2 more to get this forum game going!

Bump! 10 char.

So we are still waiting for this...?
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Yeah I'm still hoping to run it whenever it fills up. I picked a setup that worked for 6 players because that's how many were interested last time (besides me) and I figured we'd gain new people (like Ryu!) for those we lost. But since it's a weird setup to go with 6 anyway, we really can't run it with 4.

Well I can try to come up with something for 4, but I suspect it will be boring. This is one of the smallest setups I could find/come up with that still seemed interesting (having an evil TEAM rather than just one guy, so you can try to analyze behavior interactions.)

I'm really not sure what to do to get more than 4, but you guys are all awesome.

My whole plan was based around "Well, whenever we try to do CoRT, it fizzles because we can't get enough people, but if we make it like half sized or less, surely we can at least fill that." But apparently not.

I say we give it a little more time though. Should only take a couple real life days once it starts. Maybe a week max.

Okay I talked Joy into playing, I promise I will do everything randomly with extra random so I'm not inclined to make her team lose for trampling poor poor Violet to death with Miti Mumway the other night.

We just need one more.

Do you guys think that having a strict day-length deadline would help, or any other changes? I'm happy to adjust things to make this work for people. But even without one, I was expecting it to last just a couple days. What say thee?

Someone, anyone, sign up!
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

I'm in. Can I play as Fink, or are we limiting it to characters who have already been released?

Yay! Prome is back!
    Mom 3-10-1956 12-16-2008
    Dad 4-22-1961 7-18-2009

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast