Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jexik and the Spying Twins Signup (Micro CoRT) [Started]

Post Jexik and the Spying Twins Signup (Micro CoRT) [Started]

What the Frick is This???

Hey so I'm sick of waiting for enough people to express interest or someone to set this up, I'm going to run a Mafia game. This one will be small, quick, and end conclusively, just like a Cloak raid.

Here's the setup:
    6 Players
    4 Loyal Cloaks with no special abilities
    2 Bender Spies, Mind-Linked

• In the event one of the Spies is executed, the other also dies.
    • Benders win if at any point they control 50% of the raiding party.
    • Cloaks win if the Spies are executed.
    • There will be No Nights! The only kills will be performed by the raiding party agreeing to take whichever of their number they most suspect out back and execute them.
    • The twins' mind-link allows them to communicate secretly during the day, but since all Cloaks are masters of covert communication, they can all find ways to talk without the others overhearing.
    • Each player will pick a Cloak name (Preferably excluding Jexik, but you can use him if you really want, I'm flexible)
    • 2 Players will be randomly assigned as Kalu and Talu, and the other's identity revealed to each
    • The day ends when a majority of players vote for the same player. If this means the game ends on Day 1 with a correct vote after lots of almost correct votes, so be it.
    • If at any time a majority of votes are on the same player, that player will be executed, even if I haven't seen it yet.
    Last edited by umbrageofsnow; 09-28-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Signup List:

1. Colgha as Dagger
    2. Ryu as Hawk
    3. Uncleeurope as Spider
    4. jsmkd as Violet
    5. JustEnjoying as Sin-Sin
    6. prometheuslkr as Fink
    Last edited by umbrageofsnow; 09-23-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Detailed Rules Clarifications

• Votes should be made in bold, like this. Vote: Umbrageofsnow, or preferably Vote: Jexik
    • Messages/questions for me are to be made in bold.
    • Bold text is not to be used for any other purpose.
    • When I post THREAD LOCKED there is no more posting allowed in the thread until I unlock it. (I can't actually lock threads on this forum obviously.) I'll need some time to write out the flavor.
    • Roles will be revealed upon player death, although this shouldn't matter in this setup.
    • PHG forum rules must be respected. No harassing people outside of the game. Don't be a dick, don't piss off the mods.
    • Within these bounds, players may say whatever they like, no matter how blatantly untrue, or whatever terrible things it may imply about your character.
    • At the end of the game, players will vote on the best RP, I will also vote on an equal footing, so we'll have 7 votes.
    • Posts should be made in character if possible, but you might need to bend it for extensive analysis, that is okay.
    • I won't send identical PMs to any two players, so complicated identification methods based on these PMs won't work.
    • Posting of PMs from me is not allowed, no trying to identify who is rewording theirs slightly.
    • Once you are dead, you are out. No talking. You can make one post RPing your last words as you are dragged out back to be shot.
    • It's okay to talk on Vassal or phone or an instant messenger service or whatever, but try to post in here fairly frequently.
    • If you don't respond for a long time, I'll send a PM, if it goes too long without being answered, I will treat you as a yes man. Your vote will be for the majority pick at all times. Please try not to do this though, I'm thinking the short timeframe of this setup will make this unlikely, but a modkill would break things.

If anything is unclear, we revert to "Rule 0": Whatever I say, goes.
    Last edited by umbrageofsnow; 08-19-2014 at 05:51 PM.

I'm in all the way and I totally want to be Dagger
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Correction, I'll be Hawk (though Doc is still fine if it has to be set in stone).

Also, I've never done this before is there going to be any dialog? Or just a witch-hunt to kill the benders?
    Last edited by Ryu; 08-19-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Nothing is set in stone until we start. Until then change if you want.

It's all about dialogue. The whole idea is you need to vote for the Benders, but you have no idea who they are. If you vote randomly and are wrong twice, you lose. The Benders will certainly be "helping" you to choose wrong. There are only two types of information you have: what people say, and who they vote for. Your words and your vote are your only weapon against the Bender menace, and those weapons will be equally used against you. You are going to want to vote early, get others to vote, and look at how people vote, who they vote for, what they say when they vote, what reasoning they have. If anyone says something suspicious, if someone is suspiciously suspicious of something minor, etc.

It's all about the words. I hope that helps, but if not, feel free to keep asking.

Nope, sounds great. I've played Mafia/Werewolves a lot I just wasn't sure how it worked in this venue - then I saw your post of the rules.

Yeah, I'll be running it just as a standard Mafia game pretty much, there seems to be an unknown and unexplained amount of extra rules baggage, most of which is ignored with the actual CoRT games. I have played Mafia on forums before, and that will be my guideline more than convoluted traditions carried from the Heroscape forums and copy/pasted a million times with additions and changes. It's just Mafia here. Sorry, it took me a moment to get the rules update published. It should be pretty final now, but I'll add clarifications as they come up, the 3rd post is the official rule on anything. But I don't intend to do anything weird outside of what's in the first post (nightless), and that's just part of the setup.

Hey everyone! Point out any rules you think I should formally put in the 3rd post! I'm probably missing something obvious.
    Last edited by umbrageofsnow; 08-19-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by umbrageofsnow View Post
    Yeah, I'll be running it just as a standard Mafia game pretty much, there seems to be an unknown and unexplained amount of extra rules baggage, most of which is ignored with the actual CoRT games. I have played Mafia on forums before, and that will be my guideline more than convoluted traditions carried from the Heroscape forums and copy/pasted a million times with additions and changes.
    I definitely am somewhat insulted by this statement... Though to each his own, I suppose.
    "BRA GABRAHAHAGABA"
    "(ME MUGGLUG!)"
    "And I'm Maldaria... in The Twelve Masks of The Summoner"

"Now remember... Don't spam Rune Mages and never use Rallul."
    GLISA OFFICIAL RECORD: 4th Place
    2-3 (751 Summoner Strength Points)

Jebuh, I'm not meaning it as an insult, I loved reading through the old games.

The only thing is, I tried to read the rules...

I don't mean any offence by it, but they are kind of incomprehensible. So I'm not sure how much I am changing, because it seems like you guys all silently agreed to ignore some things and use others. I just am treating it as Mafia with RPing, which seems close to what you were doing. If you want to run one, by all means, run one. I really want to play, but since everyone talks about it and no one starts one, I did.
    Last edited by umbrageofsnow; 08-20-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast