Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 321

Thread: Turtlemania III: Beyond Turtledome

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    OMG that broken card is only broken when you do that arbitrary, a-skill related action!
    By that logic Hydrake is broken, because if you sorround it with 3 melee units, next time you give him 9AV in one attack! You got me there, let´s ban hydrake.

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    So off topic...
    But while we are, I'll voice my opinion, cuz that's what people do on the interwebs. I find, in nearly every deck people put RMs in, they make that deck weaker, and when people play with RMs, they play worse. People say they use it "Only if they draw it at the right time" but that situation comes up so rarely (and often, people who mess up against the threat of RMs mess up against whatever other tools there are in your faction), and honestly, other cards that people call situation are much less situation and much more useful (e.g. Owls). Yes, Rune Mages can make a game over before it begins assuming:
    1. You draw it at the right time.
    2. They place a forward wall at the right time.
    3. You have walls/other insanely hard to kill stuff to protect it for it to make a significant return.
    4. They have no way to kill things behind walls, or move their own walls.
    5. They don't have anything in front of that wall when they place it.
    6. They can't assassinate your summoner while you are busy RMing.
    That is a lot of ifs. Whereas owls are useful if #1 is fulfilled, and all the others are irrelevant. And all those times RMs DON'T work out right, they make you lose a common spot (which is more useful than people give it credit for), can mess with hand management, and often I find make people misplay. RMs are a lot like Tacullu; just because they can do some powerful stuff and are insanely obnoxious, doesn't mean they are game breaking. They are just lame.

    Also, on VASSAL, the Big 4 are no longer big except Groggy. Nerfing the others wouldn't help balance, it would just make people less likely to play these (very boring) factions. Not complaining, just noting that I disagree with the reasoning behind this action. I am fine with tournaments banning any of the Big 4 and/or RMs; I just don't see any balance problems that they cause.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

    I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Bálđur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

    Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    Im with I like tau on this one!

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    THAT is signature worthy.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

    I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Bálđur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

    Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    Ok i disagree with something, and that is that tacullu is not broken. it´s not broken because certain builds can beat tacullu. But tacullu has to be the number one polarized summoner, some summoners really lose badly vs tacullu, specially those that don´t have any other plan than go forward.

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    If the Hydrake were a merc and was say, 4 cost with less life (just because 8 cost would be prohibitive) then placing your units in a U shape near an enemy wall would be a bad call every once in a while, but if they did happen to drop the Hydrake and get some attacks in the next turn you could just not do that and you'd be fine.

    Rune Mages suck the majority of the time. Their stats are inefficient and in the majority of cases of spamming them you're just going to break even or lose. They're only useful when they're broken, which is what we caught on camera with this game. Yes, it's dependent on the opponent making the mistake of placing a forward edge wall, but the point is that in that corner case they're stupidly broken, and detract from the game in a terrible way.

    The only reason Rune Mages haven't been banned before is because of inertia. They're a part of the game already, let's not change anything. I had fun losing against dok this time because it was so novel and ridiculous, and the fact that I felt comfortable placing a forward edge walls shows how much we as a community have banned Rune Mages in funtime play anyway. It's just a silly, "Oh, you did arbitrary action so I win!" card that just shouldn't still be in the game.
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Ryu forfeits to jsmkd due to time. Almost had enough slotted out on Saturday but couldn't get it done.

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Pot in UE's Study
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Ryu forfeits to jsmkd due to time. Almost had enough slotted out on Saturday but couldn't get it done.
    You have until the 9th.
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colgha View Post
    You have until the 9th.
    I very likely won't have time before then and I've already informed my opponent and the community that I forfeit. I think it'd be disingenuous to recant at this point, even if I did have time.

  10. #230
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,000,002,528

    Default

    Round 5 is now posted. Esper, what's your availability next week?
    2012: ORIGINAL 2013: SUMMER FALL
    2014: WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL
    2015: WINTER SPRING SUMMER


    Official Dallas Time (ODT): The newer new time standard of Summoner Wars... aka Central

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •