Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Additions to the FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Colgha View Post
    What the heck, we can't SS Krusk anymore?! When did that happen?
    A long time ago. Where have you been?!?!
    2012: ORIGINAL 2013: SUMMER FALL
    2014: WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL
    2015: WINTER SPRING SUMMER

Official Dallas Time (ODT): The newer new time standard of Summoner Wars... aka Central

Vlox, Marek, and Hunter interactions (from Alliance Previews thread):

If Vlox MotA's one of Marek's Hunter's does he get all of their abilities, or do they fall off due to "that you control" terminology? I believe he gets all of them, but I can see how it could be confusing.

Over on BGG the clarification of Jexik's abilities, specifically choosing which wall you end next to with Clever Diversion came up. That should probably be in the FAQ as well.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by umbrageofsnow View Post
    Over on BGG the clarification of Jexik's abilities, specifically choosing which wall you end next to with Clever Diversion came up. That should probably be in the FAQ as well.
    I'm not over there - what's the issue?

Also - reminder to myself to address HJ / FR / Passion with new units
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Well I tried to answer it in the thread I linked above, but the issue is "If Jexik's Clever-Diversioned common ends his move next to two walls, can I choose which one he's next to and teleport next to the other one, or is he next to both and can only teleport next to a third wall."

i.e.
    Code:
    ..CW.
    ..W..

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by umbrageofsnow View Post
    Well I tried to answer it in the thread I linked above, but the issue is "If Jexik's Clever-Diversioned common ends his move next to two walls, can I choose which one he's next to and teleport next to the other one, or is he next to both and can only teleport next to a third wall."

i.e.
    Code:
    ..CW.
    ..W..
    OK. He can choose
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

That's what I said. Thanks for not making me a liar KC.

This recent question is certainly worthy of a FAQ, maybe even an errata in the card text (depending on the intended ruling).

Berserker performing ranged attacks or attacking walls
    http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_for...ed=1#post86310

No need for an erratum there but it would be nice to put it in the FAQ as a clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by jods View Post
    "Affected by an attack" triggers / is the same as "attacked".

I would love to see this ruling change, but whether it changes or not I think it's worth an entry in section 1.0.0.0 General Rulings.
    The reason I made that clarification back in the day is that otherwise Gror and Violet would be better than they already are. Their secondary targets would ignore nearly every defensive special ability in the game, and it did awkward things with Smashers. Do you think it would make sense if when Violet attacks a wall behind Oldin, that Oldin would not get STONE MELDING? Or if Gror uses HF and hits a Smasher, everything within 2 cards receives an automatic 4 wounds?

A secondary part of that was that I wanted Kalu and Talu to say "when Kalu is attacked, Talu is affected by the attack as well." That would lessen the effects of Burn and other non-attack wounds, and it would make it so that Violet and Gror don't double hit them. I don't remember if it was my fault for not catching it, or if it just never got the go-ahead.
    Last edited by Jexik; 09-03-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast