Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Additions to the FAQ

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Default Additions to the FAQ

Everyone,

I will be updating the FAQ very soon for Alliances. If there's something that annoys you about a ruling that isn't in the faq currently, please post it here so I can consider adding it

1) Chargers can move 0, 1, or 2 spaces when they roll a 5-6 for BURST OF SPEED
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

I'd like to see the BLITZ Violet interaction clarified in the FAQ, if we're including things from Alliances.

"Affected by an attack" triggers / is the same as "attacked".

I would love to see this ruling change, but whether it changes or not I think it's worth an entry in section 1.0.0.0 General Rulings.

It's also worth a mention in the new Blitz section and/or existing Violet section.

It's already in the existing 2.12.2.1 question about Javelineers.

Considering the huge debate that it spawned, you definitely need to clarify the Blitz-Violet Interaction, and perhaps clarify the difference between attacked and affected by attack in general.

Also, I asked a question a few days ago about the interaction between Heretic's Rebuke and Event Abilities. Namely whether the newly formed mutant gets the event ability under the card. You said yes, and you might want to cover that in the faq.

Also, Also, I was wondering if you could put up the official ruling on what happens if two opposing Luka's start a turn within three spaces of each other. I eventually realized that the active player would decide in which order the abilities resolve, (most likely meaning that the enemy Luka's ability is neutralized before it can resolve) but I think it might belong in the faq.

I remember there being a whole bunch of things I tried to look up in the FAQ at various points that weren't in it, and having to rule based on some best guess based on other comments on card pages or whatever.

Sadly, I can't remember a single one of these arguments now.

I think the best bet is to trawl through the Ask a Questrion thread and the card comments, but that seems like a painful task. I think it would be a big help though. Still, I know there is something I never asked about that I just came to a best guess about by quizzing playtesters about how they played it...

Kc, remember to faq whether events like holy judgement and forbidden ritual affect units that come into play after the event was played. Rallul has a bunch too.
    Olivier
    (olivier2703)

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Kc, remember to faq whether events like holy judgement and forbidden ritual affect units that come into play after the event was played. Rallul has a bunch too.
    That's exactly what I wanted to say. Thanks for the catch!

You're welcome. On top of my head, there is also heist on spider, the "moving with" aka rune mage abuse limitation and I'm not sure if the previous FAQ was updated to mention that a unit is not within two spaces of itself, hence Gren does not go to his owner's magic pile when he dies, no sand-storming Krusk, etc.
    Olivier
    (olivier2703)

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    You're welcome. On top of my head, there is also heist on spider, the "moving with" aka rune mage abuse limitation and I'm not sure if the previous FAQ was updated to mention that a unit is not within two spaces of itself, hence Gren does not go to his owner's magic pile when he dies, no sand-storming Krusk, etc.
    Move vs Move With will be in the rulebook.

Gren and Krusk are already in the FAQ correctly, I think.

What Im not sure should be added are interactions that are clearly understood when the rules are applied, especially same time scenarios. The "active player chooses" rule is in the rulebook and is very clear. Luka vs Luka is an example of that. The "cards under" rules are pretty clear also. I added some clarification already in the Alliances Rulebook, but I could possibly add something to the FAQ about what happens when a unit with cards under it changes controllers.

Good stuff, guys! Keep it up!
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

As someone who only recently started playing SW I think an updated FAQ would be great. Some of the situations I'm still not 100% on are:
    a) Elephant trampling over SO Savager. Maybe the "active player chooses" rule is enough to decide which ability activates first, but I'm still iffy
    b) I read that Silts can move 1 space, use Cunning, then move a 2nd space, but I thought I read previously that "at anytime" abilities couldn't be used before an action resolved. Is moving 2 spaces considered two separate actions?
    c) the multiple Gore ruling with Hulgorad. I understand the logic for why other units can't activate Gore on Hulgorad, but it's strange to then read in the latest FAQ under 2.9.4.3 that Knock Around will in fact activate it

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast