Thread: Early goblin review

Default Early goblin review

I managed to play a few games of SW last night using Pokemon cards to proxy. One of the things I noticed about the goblin army, is that when you play the four events at the right moment, you can cause disaster in the opponents summoner.

I also noticed this by just reading the cards. 2 or 3 powerups can wipe out 4 or 5 units in one turn with goblin rush and horde attack!

Don't think 4-5 units. Think summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by pixlepix View Post
    I managed to play a few games of SW last night using Pokemon cards to proxy. One of the things I noticed about the goblin army, is that when you play the four events at the right moment, you can cause disaster in the opponents summoner.
    But you have to have those 4 events in hand at the right time. Yes, it can and has happened, but don't count on it always happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    But you have to have those 4 events in hand at the right time. Yes, it can and has happened, but don't count on it always happening.
    You don't necessarily have to have all 4 in your hand at once. Each one can wreck your opponents Summoner in the early game (or any part of that game really). Specifically though, the Gang Up and Rage cards are what is going to destroy your opponent for you. Leave the commons and champs to your Beserkers, and Champions. Let your Fighters and Slingers deal with the Summoner. Either (especially both) of those Event Cards played correctly will end the game for you.

Although, having all 4 at once would just be too much fun.

Not as easy as that. I played against Goblins with a previously-unreleased faction and the cards didn't help all that much. The thing to remember is that the game is dynamic and that there's a lot of strategy involved to keep from these scenarios from playing out.

It's not like the opponent is going to LET you simply do as you will upon his forces. You're assuming that there's any adjacent Goblins to boost using the Gang-up, you're assuming no walls are around to protect the Summoner...there's just a lot of assumtion here.

So, have you guys who are subscribing to these theories about gameplay actually PLAYED this game yet, or is this just wholly conjecture based upon the cards? The strategies seem like they're headed in the right direction and I'm curious to see how well they've worked out for you in a real game.

Thanks!

I have NOT played the game yet

I'm also not saying that it will work all the time. But what I am saying that those two cards alone have the potential to wreck an opponent.

Once I do get a few games in I'll probably change my theory

It happens, but usually it happens to a champion that your opponent expect to be around awhile. Opponent's don't often have thier Summoner in a place that a bunch of small fry goblins can get to. That is unless you play risky with Sneeks and use him as a distraction while the seeminly less threatening goblins are charging forward waiting to use one or both of these good event cards on the Summoner. It doesn't happen often at all, but I love it when it does.