Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Finally Got It!

Default I Finally Got It!

My copy of Dead of Winter just arrived in the mail today! It's been 10 months since I pre-ordered it and now it's finally here! I'll get the chance to play it for the first time tonight, but my first impressions are that the box art (and how it's textured) are awesome and the art on the cards and pieces are also just as awesome! Basically, I'm really excited and I had to post about it.

Who else is as excited as I am?!?! If anyone has played let me know how those games went also!
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Me! I'm also super excited! Very pleased with the component quality (dice could have been bigger and frosted, everything else looks great).

At first I didn't get the texturing on the box and thought mine just had a weird crease on it. But it's very cool!

Playing tomorrow with my gaming group.
    I <3 SERA

Hello Everyone,

I'm heading home to crack it open right now. I haven't got to demo this anywhere yet, so this will be a totally new experience for me.

I finally get to jump on the Crossroads Train.

KAM

Quote Originally Posted by cmarie View Post
    At first I didn't get the texturing on the box and thought mine just had a weird crease on it. But it's very cool!.
    Same! But then I realized that it was some ingenious design. I like it a lot, I'm a big fan of the little things

You guys should totally post about how your first games go, I know I will!

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

My wife and I played 3 games last night! Even in fully co-op mode we had an awesome time and very engaging stories!
    Hush, Hodor! No more Hodoring!

Got mine two days ago, spent two hours going through the stuff -- gorgeous! So excited to play it this weekend!

Played for the first time last night with three friends. In the end we were playing the harder version of the mission which made for a very interesting first game. One friend thought it would be funny to hold on to all the foods (he had about 5 at the end) so we could never feed our colony or meet crisis requirements which screwed our morale, I must add that he wasn't a betrayer which annoyed the rest of us at the end (though at 3 AM, it was slightly more funny than annoying). A second friend (who was the betrayer) actually helped the colony more than the aforementioned friend, by helping us kill zombies. We were able to meet one of our two mission requirements (we picked one up off a crossroads card) of clearing out and killing zombies. He (the second friend) played conservatively because on the second turn he met one of his secret requirements in that 2 of his followers had to each have 2 weapons equipped (he was able to draw 8 cards from the Police Station, where weapons are most likely to be drawn, 5 of the 8 were weapons). All this friend had to do now was hold on to his two foods and wait for morale to hit 0, which was being facilitated by the first friend who just didn't want to help! That leaves the third friend and I, we basically had to carry the entire colony because the others kept picking up followers and wouldn't feed them. Jerks...

So in the end the two of us by ourselves couldn't pull it off with the dead weight that was the first friend and the betrayer that was the second. It was a great first play through, only one mistake was made and it really wasn't anything major. I can't wait to get back to it!

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist

Got mine yesterday and instantly loved the quality of this game, even the box itself is amazing. Was able to play it last night as well with 2 other friends. I ended up being the betrayer and we were down to round 2 of the game when I was going to be able to end it and win, but then they decided to exile me. I still had a chance to win, but couldn't achieve my modified objective. I was able to facilitate their death by causing a lot of zombies to show up in one location during the "Add zombies" step, which ended up killing a character and dropping morale to zero. Otherwise, they had their objective completed and would have won if the "check main objective" step was able to trigger. In the end, no one won. The social interaction during our game was a lot of fun and I had everyone convinced there was no betrayer until the third or fourth round when we suddenly weren't able to complete the crisis. From this to the tough decision to exile me, it was a lot of fun and I can't wait to play it again!

I just got mine the other day and was able to go through the components. I must say the component quality aside from the dice is outstanding (the dice being your general run of the mill dice). I found Kodiak Colby's cross road card to be particularly hilarious. The box is by far one of the best looking ones on my shelf. Outstanding job Plaid Hat. I can't wait to play it with my gaming group next weekend.

That's why you have to get these frosted dice!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I keep them in the box to play with this game and they are definitely much better than the stock dice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast