Thread: Sleeve size?

Default Sleeve size?

What sleeve size(s) fit the cards? Also how many cards? Looking at the description I counted 340... is that right?

I used this guide on boardgamegeek - http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/16...64#item2900564
    Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game [Average Rating:8.21 Overall Rank:3179]
    Number of cards: 346

Arcane Tinmen sleeve size: Standard - Gray (AT-10406) - (63 x 88mm)
    Fantasy Flight sleeve size: Standard Card Game - Gray (FFS05) - (2-1/2" x 3-1/2" - 63.5 x 88mm)
    Mayday sleeve size: Card Game - Green - (63.5 x 88mm)
    Swan PanAsia sleeve size: Standard Card (SWN-032) - (65 x 90mm)
    Ultra-Pro sleeve size: Clear Standard Deck Protector (82689) - (66 x 91mm) or Pro-Fit Standard Size (82712) - (64 x 89mm)

I have never sleeved any of my game cards. It seems to me like it would make them hard to shuffle and slippery to stack. I like the idea of protecting the cards but I don't want to make it annoying to play. Am I wrong?

For me it's about what I have the game for, how often it hits the table, and how often the cards are being touched. For example, I sleeve my deck builders because you're touching, grabbing, moving the cards all the time. I also think it makes them easier to shuffle depending on what type of sleeves you go with. Also, I sleeve any game that I demo because I never know which grubby 5 or 35 year old will be touching my stuff . In the case of Dead of Winter it will be an extra 15-35 bucks, depending on the sleeve type, but that is cheaper than having to replace the game because the cards are marked up for me.
    I demo....a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMercenary View Post
    I have never sleeved any of my game cards. It seems to me like it would make them hard to shuffle and slippery to stack. I like the idea of protecting the cards but I don't want to make it annoying to play. Am I wrong?
    Meh, it's all personal preference. I tend towards sleeving because several members of my group (myself included) have sweaty hands, and there is little we can do about it. New sleeves can be a little slippery, but as they get used that passes. I actually find used sleeved cards easier to shuffle than unsleeved cards--they seem to clump less for me. YMMV.

I sleeve them cause I worry the cards will get ruined and ill have to buy a new copy of the game. Or worse the game goes out of print and im stuck wi th messed up cards. Speaking of which, does anyone have ideas for sleeving the location cards? They seem like the most flimsy part of the game...

I sleeved with Ultra Pro Card Sleeves ("penny" sleeves). I would have gone with a premium sleeve (and may yet), but I keep a stack of these at hand for prototype cards I print. Even with these flimsy, cheap sleeves shuffling is a snap. You just slide two halves of the stack together. The Crossroads stack is perilously close to being tall enough to slide over and in a premium sleeve probably would, but you can always break it into two stacks. As mentioned above, sleeving is a matter of preference and those that do generally like the way they "shuffle" and manage slippery stacks. Once played a few times they become less slippery.

Quote Originally Posted by taleman View Post
    What sleeve size(s) fit the cards? Also how many cards? Looking at the description I counted 340... is that right?
    Standard MTG size sleeves.

329 cards. 331 with Kodiak Colby promo.