Thread: Gotham

Default Gotham

OK, I can't be the only one geeking out over this. I can't wait for this show to come out. I love the premise, as the state of Gotham before Batman is one of the biggest questions I always had about the DC universe. plus, seeing the origins and stories of some of the most iconic batman villains, such as Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman will be very interesting. How they will do Joker, along with other villains that Batman directly caused, I am not sure. They may just steer clear of it, which would be a shame and a relief at the same time. I would love to see the Joker's origins, but he did come into existence as the iconic Joker after Batman donned the mask, plus one of the greatest things about the Joker is the lack of explanation for who is or why he is insane. Anyway, with a great premise, it seems like it could be a really great noir-ish type series with the dark overtones of the Batman comics. I am so pumped for this show, who else is looking forward to it?

EDIT: If this series turns out to be great, and doesn't end being somewhat of a disappointment like AoS on ABC, the entire series will be like a passive aggressive one fingered salute to Marvel and ABC. And even as a Marvel fanboy, I would find that hilarious.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

I am! I am!

Though, I love Batman more than everyone else.... I'm still looking forward to it, I just hope that the acting isn't sub par (like much of TV acting is...)
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Colgha View Post
    I am! I am!

Though, I love Batman more than everyone else.... I'm still looking forward to it, I just hope that the acting isn't sub par (like much of TV acting is...)
    I know that the guy that designed Gotham for the series is bragging about how it's as good, if not better than the movie versions of Gotham. Strong words.

I am somewhat annoyed with all the people saying it will suck because batman won't be in it. Well whoop-ditty-do, it's an origin story. I know that no Batman may make it horrible for those who love Batman himself, and not the story, but I love the story. I would like to see the origins of villains like the Penguin, a mobster with strong ties in the Gotham crime world. How he got them, how he turned out like he is. Or the riddler - what exactly caused him to be like he is? These villains that have existed before batman intrigue me.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).

Honestly, I'm a major Batman fan but always found his villains to be more interesting anyway (especially the warped idealistic types like Ra's al Ghul). And I know nothing will compare to Batman: The Animated Series. So as long as I don't expect that show, I'll be able to keep enough of an open mind to check this out.

I mean, Batman Beyond was very different but freaking awesome. Changing things up can have interesting results. In the Abomination we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I know that the guy that designed Gotham for the series is bragging about how it's as good, if not better than the movie versions of Gotham. Strong words.

I am somewhat annoyed with all the people saying it will suck because batman won't be in it. Well whoop-ditty-do, it's an origin story. I know that no Batman may make it horrible for those who love Batman himself, and not the story, but I love the story. I would like to see the origins of villains like the Penguin, a mobster with strong ties in the Gotham crime world. How he got them, how he turned out like he is. Or the riddler - what exactly caused him to be like he is? These villains that have existed before batman intrigue me.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the story as well and I'm really interested. I was more just stating my unconditional love for Batman.

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Colgha View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love the story as well and I'm really interested. I was more just stating my unconditional love for Batman.
    I know, I wasn't talking about you. Here's a comment taken from the Youtube video of one of the teasers. I fixed punctuation and spelling.

"A Batman movie without Batman !!? How? This is going to bomb. Not even two seasons. smh."

That's what's irking me. It's NOT a Batman TV series (and not a movie). It's a series about a corrupt city and the criminals who live in it, as well as how they must cope with it. It will be very noir-ish.

Anyway, I am super excited for this series. After the unpredictable (in terms of how good each episode was) Agents of Shield, I am hoping this does better. If so, it would be a great add on to the existing batman universe. The origins and explanations of Gotham and more importantly, the people who live in it alongside the dark knight.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    It will be very noir-ish.
    This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist

Batman all the way