Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summoner Wars Apocalypse

Default Summoner Wars Apocalypse

Apocalypse Variant

In this Summoner Wars game play variant both Summoners are super-charged beings with great power, and a meeting between the two results in a cataclysmic release of magic that tears the land asunder and even sees the dead rise on the battlefield. This variant can be used to spice up your games of Summoner Wars with dramatic, if not unpredictable results.

Extra Health

When playing the Apocalypse variant both Summoners double their Health for the game.

Never-Ending Draw Deck
    When a player’s Draw Deck is depleted he shuffles his Discard Pile (even those cards belonging to his opponent) and places it facedown as a new Draw Deck. Once both players have created a new Draw Deck in this fashion for the first time, the Apocalypse has begun!

Raw Magic
    The land cracks open and strands of raw magic flit through the air. If a player draws cards belonging to an opposing faction into his hand, he may add them to his Magic Pile during the Event Phase.

Eternal Warriors

If the Apocalypse has begun (both players have made new Draw Decks) players may draw the spirits of the dead back to them. When a character draws cards belonging to an opposing faction into his hand during the Draw Phase, he may, instead of using the cards later as Raw Magic, offer them facedown to his opponent during his Event Phase. The opponent, without looking at the cards, places them on the bottom of his Draw Deck. The opponent then, without looking at the cards in his Draw Deck, pulls an equal number of cards belonging to the other player. It does not matter where the cards are drawn from in his deck, so long as he does not see them. The opposing player then hands the cards facedown to the active player who may then add them to his hand of cards.

Improved Summoning

With magic swirling all around, it becomes easier for the summoners to call their warriors forth. Units summoned during the Apocalypse do not need to be placed adjacent to a Wall. They may be placed in any empty space on their own side of the Battlefield.

Apocalypse Playing Tips
    Enemy Summoners become even tougher with their health doubled, but a never-ending Draw Pile means strategies that might normally be reckless can be the key to winning in this variant. Avoid the temptation to use your Improved Summoning to perfectly shield your Summoner – unlimited warriors means only aggressive tactics will pay off. Also remember that it is strongly to your advantage to initiate a trade with your opponent: you decide which cards he gets, but he has no say over which cards you receive in return.

(The Apocalypse variant was designed by Mr. Bistro.)
    Last edited by Truth; 11-02-2009 at 01:31 PM.

I really like the sound of this. I do have one question though. Can you summon your opponents cards once the Apocalypse starts to fight for you? I could easily understand that you can't if they aren't the same faction, but what if both players are using the same faction?

Quote Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
    I really like the sound of this. I do have one question though. Can you summon your opponents cards once the Apocalypse starts to fight for you? I could easily understand that you can't if they aren't the same faction, but what if both players are using the same faction?
    If you are both playing the same faction, you can summon units that were your opponents to fight for you.

Iv started a new thread under Customs for Custom Variants for anyone who is interested.
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Default Mind=Blown.

So...wait a second. You ARE supposed to put enemy cards in your discard pile?

Wow. Just...wow. I've been playing totally wrong.
    Kalu > Talu
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I dont own any actual set or faction...i usually just borrow them from Truth. Talk about the saddest player haha.

Ouch!... guess you realize the difference (positive & negative) that this rule makes to the Fallen Kingdom.
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Wow. I like this version. I'll have to try it when I get my stuff.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

During the apocalypse, are you allowed to summon units from an opposing faction? How does the trading rule work if you are both controlling the same faction? And I don't see that bulding magic during your event phase is going to be too helpful, since you're already done summoning, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    During the apocalypse, are you allowed to summon units from an opposing faction?
    Has this been answered elsewhere? Because I'd like to know also.

Also, can you summon two of a champion( if you are fighting the same faction)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast