Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Elien in the New Battlecon

Default Prince Elien in the New Battlecon

Prince Elien (now with added Fallen Kingdom flavor) has been revealed as an extra fighter in the currently Kick starting remake of Battlecon : War of Indines.

In the backer update we were treated to some great art of him posing, but no card or game play previews.

I know there are quite a few Summoner Wars fans who are also Battlecon fans. This is an exciting prospect and something I was hoping for.

Edit: Damn you, autocorrect... I guess it is appropriate though. He is such a girlyman. Can't edit title, unfortunately.

Oh, here is the image outside of the backers only area: http://level99games.tumblr.com/post/...liances-master
    Last edited by Adam; 06-06-2014 at 03:43 PM.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Edit post. Go advanced. Edit the title. You're welcome

I'm thinking about getting into battlecon actually. That is pretty cool. Maybe they will do all the summoners!!!! But probably not
    2012: ORIGINAL 2013: SUMMER FALL
    2014: WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL
    2015: WINTER SPRING SUMMER

Official Dallas Time (ODT): The newer new time standard of Summoner Wars... aka Central

Battlecon has a free app on iOS (and I imagine Android, but not sure). I tried it a while back and didn't find the digital version really grabbed me, but I imagine it's more fun against a real opponent.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by thenobleknave View Post
    Battlecon has a free app on iOS (and I imagine Android, but not sure). I tried it a while back and didn't find the digital version really grabbed me, but I imagine it's more fun against a real opponent.
    The digital version only has 4 characters available or free, no one plays online like ever, and the app has a lot of crashing issues. There hasn't been as update in forever either. So feel free to get it just to try the game out, but the app won't keep your interest. But the app + Tom Vasel's reviews have made me decide to get the game. It looks really fun. Hopefully one day there will be another app implementation.
    2012: ORIGINAL 2013: SUMMER FALL
    2014: WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL
    2015: WINTER SPRING SUMMER

Official Dallas Time (ODT): The newer new time standard of Summoner Wars... aka Central

that sword he is holding must be plastic. good ol' sissy Ellien couldn't hold a metal sword one handed if the GenCon grand finals depended on it

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines was one of my top games from last year, so I'll definitely be backing War. Everyone else should too. Such an awesome game.

Only made AWESOMER by the inclusion of Elien. I would have preferred a less-nasty summoner, like... well, anyone else. But still.

BattleCon is an excellent game, although it is is perhaps an example of a game that drowns in its own variety. While clever, tactical, and fun, there are SO many options among the existing sets that it is somewhat overwhelming to pick up and play. Also there is no way to store it (at present).

That being said, I'm sold on Elien trying his luck in the arena. I just hope he's a playable fighter and not a boss.

On the app discussion, Battlecon Online launches in several weeks, which I think is web based. It will be an all new program done by a professional programmer.

On Elien, I, too, would have liked someone else, but it is quite nice to see the first summoner I ever played as the first I get to play in Battlecon. I don't expect more official SW crossovers, but I can't imagine customs fans will be sitting idle after this.

I think they said these crossovers are fighters, not bosses.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Divljan View Post
    BattleCon is an excellent game, although it is is perhaps an example of a game that drowns in its own variety. While clever, tactical, and fun, there are SO many options among the existing sets that it is somewhat overwhelming to pick up and play. Also there is no way to store it (at present).

That being said, I'm sold on Elien trying his luck in the arena. I just hope he's a playable fighter and not a boss.
    No way to store it? All my Devastation stuff fits neatly into its Devastation box... did you get loads of extras from the KS campaign or something?

As for variety, you speak the truth. I find it best to follow the manual's "flights," only picking from the 5-10 characters that correspond with your skill level rather than picking from all 30+.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Immortal Elien - imagine if he was in the game! I can't even deal with the mortal one.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast