Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Sera Eldwyn

Default The Book of Sera Eldwyn

The Book of Sera Eldwyn
    Summoner of the Vanguards - Expansion 1: Vanguards

Bio: General Farthen slouched in his chair and ran a hand down his tired face. In all his years of serving the Vanguards

Let me make certain I understand you Magistrate, he growled. You want this council to go before the people of the citadel, and tell them their new leader is not only a girl, but one who has been rotting in a prison her entire life? A criminal who knows nothing of civility, much less leadership? Magistrate Clocke cleared his throat politely and looked over at Keldroon. The weathered knight nodded his head in consent, his chiseled face an impossible mask to read. It will not be long before that one takes the Path of Ascension, thought Clocke.

Your description does the young lady a grave injustice General, Clocke chided. Indeed both she and her brother have been prisoners their entire lives, but it is no secret that Lord Melwpn jailed their family out of a perceived political necessity.

My great-great-grandfather suffered from irrational fears, said Keldroon, his voice deep and far away. This is known. His imprisonment of the Eldwyn family was dishonorable. But seeing as he was the last Lightbringer to lead the Vanguards we have as of yet been unable to correct that injustice.

Let us also not forget that she is neither animal nor imbecile, Clocke interjected. He was a thin man whose appearance mimicked his loved for details and minutiae. The Eldwyn children have enjoyed the finest education. Shackles have never touched their wrists or ankles, and they have been allowed walks along the ramparts every day. The magistrate’s fingers toyed nervously at the left sleeve of his fine robes. He always became fidgety when pressing home a point he was passionate about. And let us also remember that the crone herself-

General Farthen slammed a meaty fist down upon the circular table they sat around. He often wondered if the citizens of the citadel knew that such a legendary table was a simple one made of such lackluster wood.

Forget the crone, Clocke! he barked. The recommendations of their order have never been necessity!

Yet always followed, said Keldroon. I have seen this girl, this sixteen-year-old woman, and marveled at her grace. She talks as one saddled by the secrets of the world, yet she does not seem burdened by them.

I have seen her as well, said Farthen, his face reddening, and while lovely to look upon, and no doubt a fine prize for any man willing to overlook her being born into disrepute, I do not believe we can tell the people of the Citadel of the Fist, nor the cattle of Heap for that matter, that we have chosen her as our grandmaster.

You would rather tell them we have ignored the advice of the Sisters of Justice? said Clocke. The magistrate perfectly arched a peppery eyebrow to display his disbelief. Imagine the accusations we will face. They will claim we play at politics, and who could say they would be wrong? The three men sat in silence, rays of sunlight moving across the table’s surface, broken by moving clouds outside the overlarge windows that lit the chamber in the Tower of Law. To General Farthen’s left sat an empty chair where Father Glintnas normally sat. The aging high priest lay hacking up phlegm on his deathbed somewhere in the monastery. To Keldroon’s left sat Sister Agathan’s chair. It was custom for the head matron to abstain from council following the sisterhood’s recommendation for grandmaster. But between Keldroon and Clocke was a filled chair, the seat of Lord Dilgren, Marshall of the Citadel, and aside from dying Glintnas, the most senior of the council. The old man had waited silently, his ample frame straining his chair, a single plump finger idly toying with his wispy mustache.

It would seem to me, he wheezed, and the other three leaned slightly closer to him, that we have neglected the most important voice in all of this. A long minute passed.

And whose voice would that be Lord Marshall? Farthen asked testily.

Why the stone of course, said Dilgren with a stupid smile. It is the stone that guides us. It is the stone that has brought salvation to these dead-ravaged lands. And it is the stone that speaks to the sisters. It would seem to me gentleman that you argue over a settled matter. The stone has chosen its new master or mistress I should say. Whatever the fate of the Vanguards may be, it will come to us through a girl born in our prisons, from a family stripped of all property and honor, and from one who has no reason to bear us any love. Sera Eldwyn will lead us. Yet I do not fear my friends. The stone has spoken, and it has always known our need. Silence fell over the room again, and General Farthen pushed back his chair and stood up to gaze out the window behind him. His eyes travelled over the buildings and keeps of the citadel he loved so dearly, and as he took it in he recognized a small figure standing on the eastern wall. She stood there, a tiny shape on the squat, hulking bulwarks, dressed in a simple cotton dress that billowed with her hair in the breeze. And she stood there looking out into the lands beyond the citadel, and beyond its child-city of Heap, and though she seemed to stare into nothing, she stood tall, and alert, and with all the strength of the wall she stood upon.

So be it, the general said.

Event Cards
    Holy Judgement
    All Priests that you control add 2 to their Attack Value until the end of this turn.
    Divine Strength
    You may remove up to 1 Wound Marker from each Common Unit that you control
    Summoning Surge
    Choose an Opponent. If you have fewer Units on the Battlefield that that opponent does, you may remove up to 3 cards from your Discard Pile and place them on top of your Magic Pile. You may Summon Units during this Event Phase.
    Intercession
    Choose a Unit that you control. You may remove any number of Wound Markers from the chosen Unit and place those Wound Markers on your Summoner.
    A Hero is Born
    Search your Draw Pile for a Champion Card. Reveal the card, then place it in your hand and shuffle your Draw Pile.
    Rulings and Clarifications
    N/A

Community Contributions
    N/A
    Last edited by KCU Master 2007; 06-28-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    The Books of Summoner Wars...someone had to do it
    35-27 on Vassal (56%) - MOST RECENT: SE vs VG/thenightsshadow

Vassal Tourney: 3-1 for 3rd Place

KCU's FanFic (updated 6-18-12)

Default Sera's Greater Healing hability question

I have a doubt about Sera's Greater Healing hability, the text says:

"intead of attacking with Sera Eldwyn you may spend 1 Magic Point to remove up to 2 Wound Marker from a Common or Champion Unit that is adjacent to Sera Eldwyn"

My Doubt is, If she is adjacent to 2 Common Units each with 1 Wound Marker, can she remove 1 Wound from both units in 1 turn?

Or if she is Adjacent to a Champion and a Common (each with 1 Wound Marker) can she remove 1 Wound from both units in 1 turn?

Thank you in advance

The wording used is:

...from a common...
    which makes it rather clear to me that there is only one target.

Sera heals UP to 2 damage from a common or champion unit. Healing Vanguard common units is kind of useless because they cannot have 2 wound markers on them. Thats what the priests are for. Sera heals champion units at a pretty good ratio.
    "To obtain, something of equal value must be lost"

My biggest problem with Serra is her event cards.
    most of them are fine...
    Holy Judgement is to restrictive, I never seem to get my priests when i have a holy judgement and vise versa (this could of course be fixed by simply buying another Vanguard set and adding more priests).
    Intercession although it can be handy on those rare situations, most of the time you really don,t want to hurt Serra.

Just my thoughts, shes pretty good still.
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_AndraK View Post
    My biggest problem with Serra is her event cards.
    most of them are fine...
    Holy Judgement is to restrictive, I never seem to get my priests when i have a holy judgement and vise versa (this could of course be fixed by simply buying another Vanguard set and adding more priests).
    Intercession although it can be handy on those rare situations, most of the time you really don,t want to hurt Serra.

Just my thoughts, shes pretty good still.
    I actually have the hardest time justifying the use of "Divine Strength" Its so rare that my units have a variety of wounds. there's either 1 unit with 1 wound, or no wounds on any common units.

Intercession is really a hit/miss card. It can be a game winner if they fail to kill a charging Archangel or very big/nasty Kalon Lightbringer. But its so situational. My table knows to kill units in one turn. Especially against Vanguards.
    "To obtain, something of equal value must be lost"

Default Or I could be wrong...

Don't forget; based on the card's wording, Sera players can use Summoning Surge to summon units during the event phase (Read: after placing a new wall) even if you have more units than your opponent does.
    Kalu > Talu
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I dont own any actual set or faction...i usually just borrow them from Truth. Talk about the saddest player haha.

Thumbs up "You are correct!" (Darth Vader - We got death star)

You are correct Summonig surge does enable you to summon during your event cards (hence the Archangel suprise attack combo).

I actually really like summoning surge, as it gets you more magic without screwing your opponent.

In a way id like to see how SW would play if all Magic drains were summoning surges... I like it that much... hell im going to try it now.
    (asks family members for a game of SW)....
    (yay success, another game of SW for me)

Any way before i go summoning surge is infact very simmilar in play to a reinforcements just not as direct/restrictive.
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Another thing to remember is that Sera has one of the most powerful special abilities in the game and, as such, her event cards are not going to be the strongest, which is simply balancing. Oldin, for instance, has probably the weakest ability to date for a Summoner, but makes up for it with the best event cards in the game.

After having played the VG for the second time(against the FK), I have to say, I really love Sera late game, when you have nothing left to summon. I had Raechel and Kalon guarding her, and they were both invincible because the only FK commons on the board were melee and before they could put any major dent in the champions, one of them brought down a reaper or a zombie and instantly turned their magic into Greater Healing. I am definitely going to want to bring some more Skeleton Archers in late game against the VG...
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast