Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 225

Thread: The OFFICIAL Spring iOS Tournament 2014: General Discussion Thread

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Dammit I just discarded two units for elut only to realize I only had two magic. I did discover that you can discard units for MD without closure of summoning elut. Buggy bug.
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA - OH - Ashland
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esper88 View Post
    Dammit I just discarded two units for elut only to realize I only had two magic. I did discover that you can discard units for MD without closure of summoning elut. Buggy bug.
    Oh snap, I never thought about messing with it that way, that could definitely be helpful.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    POST
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    GG derekshank. Why did you move Oldin there? Gror got him for a double Wound, and then I decided to Hail Mary my dear Elut-Bal at him to go 3/4 (despite STONE MELDING) for the win. I was pretty screwed after your 5/6 Double HF Gror + MD turn wiped out my other two champs and all my Magic.

    GG jnewby74. I totally forgot that you Turn 1 Spied my Admiral, and by the time I realized it I'd built most of my deck and had, what 15 Magic I couldn't use? You also managed to get both of my Raids and bury them, man that was a brutal Spy. I figured it was a matter of time till you won it, everything was breaking in your favor. Hawk is definitely the champ to have for that MU.

    I've got one more to go before I can officially post results. Since it's a VG mirror, I'm sure it will go lightning-fast.
    Not all who wander are lost.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    172

    Default

    With commentary....

    My Jungle Elves lost to Pedro V Lima’s Guild Dwarves (+7)
    I got lucky with an early 4/4 on Oldin but this then meant I threw things at Oldin and the rest of my attacks were poor leaving Abua open to dying (which he did).

    My Mountain Vargath lost to The Noble Knave’s Mountain Vargath (0)
    Well played by TNK, as covered earlier he played a far better game than me.

    My Cloaks Beat jnewby74’s Cave Goblins (+9)
    Excellent game, he went 4/4 early on Vlox making me have to play very cautiously, but he missed a lot of one dice attacks on Thieves keeping me alive. Key moment was a 3/3 to kill Mook which just let me get enough ahead on the grind to get the win. I have a feeling that the events were not coming out nicely for jnewby as he barely played any.

    My Vanguard Beat Shankdm's Tundra Orcs (+14)
    Key turn was me going 6/6 on Krung to kill him and take control of the game. Prior to that I felt I was slightly winning the attrition but not by enough to feel comfortable.

    My Fallen Kingdom Beat Nashura’s Phoenix Elves (+16)
    Early disaster with going 1/3 on a Guardian letting him get a free damage onto Ret, but every skeleton archer rolled a 3+ to deny the kills to Nashura which just gave me enough of a magic edge to hang in this one, and then I possessed the Fire Drake at the death to end up looking a lot more comfortable than the game really was.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glenn3e View Post
    I've got a feeling that I'm not even going to pass the first round this time lol. Chalk it up to rustiness and burnout from the IOS.
    I was worried about that myself. I definitely had some better rolls in there in our game, like going 6/7 on Rukar and that late Wild Swing with Krung to get some extra magic. My economy was on a razor's edge that game. What were your last cards? Freeze and what else? I was keeping 2 magic for Freeze because I thought there was still one left.

    Quote Originally Posted by glenn3e View Post
    Noodledon, anyone started a game with him yet? I can't seem to find him to invite. Noodledon if you read this, please send invite to me.
    Yeah, I played a game with him. Not sure if he's reading this thread though.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
    I was worried about that myself. I definitely had some better rolls in there in our game, like going 6/7 on Rukar and that late Wild Swing with Krung to get some extra magic. My economy was on a razor's edge that game. What were your last cards? Freeze and what else? I was keeping 2 magic for Freeze because I thought there was still one left.

    Yeah, I played a game with him. Not sure if he's reading this thread though.
    I had a freeze and Ragnor. Interestingly, if you didn't finish off Krung, I might have a chance by killing Ragnor and forcing a draw with my last Freeze. I couldn't move forward with 1 hp Grog, and you can't summon due to the last Freeze. GG though.


    I left Noodle a message, hopefully he gets it.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glenn3e View Post
    I had a freeze and Ragnor. Interestingly, if you didn't finish off Krung, I might have a chance by killing Ragnor and forcing a draw with my last Freeze. I couldn't move forward with 1 hp Grog, and you can't summon due to the last Freeze. GG though.
    Yeah. I had a Thwarter left that I was willing to build as magic, but hitting that Ice Wall meant I didn't have to. I was thinking you might have a Thwarter or Smasher left at the end, and that Ragnor would have to kill it to give me enough magic to unfreeze Grognack and Ragnor. I was worried earlier that you'd play Bragg, which is why I built to 6 magic a bit before I summoned Ragnor. Most intense game of my 5, although the game with bobacjj came close. Anoir just stomped me.

    This tournament has been weird for me. ~60% of my iOS plays are as the Cave Goblins against people who soft ban PE/TO. I played against 2 GD, 2 TO, and Anoir's Benders.

    I guess I'll talk a little bit about the others:

    Bobacjj06 My PE v. GD -1 WIN
    I played the aggressor and pinged Oldin with Fire Drake, and another champion. They got HF Gror'd and weakened. I tried to retaliate by SotP + Burn-ing Gror out, but I accidentally Breath of flamed him instead. Later, my champion survived thanks to a 0/3 by Baldar. My commons cleaned up Oldin with Prince Elien in hot pursuit. (Is that pun as bad as it looks? I think it is).

    LoTech My CG v. TO +9 WIN
    Back and forth game, with me eventually surrounding Grognack who stepped a little bit too far forward.

    Noodledon My BD v. GD -2 WIN
    Close game. I used Counter Summon to deal with both Gror and Baldar, cleaning up with just Tacullu and some commons.

    Glenn3e My TO v. TO +0 WIN
    I pushed first, eventually destroying a wall. I kept pressure on Grognack. My decision not to unfreeze my own Grognack ended up giving me just enough Magic to summon my last champion to seal the game. I wouldn't have won without the dice on my side.

    !Anoir! My GD v. BD +2 LOSS
    I made two mistakes, I think, and Anoir made me pay for them. The first was summoning an early Thorkur and pinging his first wall after a BtW. The second was 2x Spearman reinforcing to attack Tacullu instead of his controllers. I put 2 wounds on Tac and never got any more on, while he stabilized and sat around with an oppressive amount of Magic in his pile. I realized late in the game that he had only spent 1 magic the whole first 3/4 of the game- to MC one of my Spearmen.

    As I said earlier, this was a rough group. My wins could have gone the other way.
    Last edited by Jexik; 05-08-2014 at 11:57 AM.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
    Yeah. I had a Thwarter left that I was willing to build as magic, but hitting that Ice Wall meant I didn't have to. I was thinking you might have a Thwarter or Smasher left at the end, and that Ragnor would have to kill it to give me enough magic to unfreeze Grognack and Ragnor. I was worried earlier that you'd play Bragg, which is why I built to 6 magic a bit before I summoned Ragnor. Most intense game of my 5, although the game with bobacjj came close. Anoir just stomped me.

    This tournament has been weird for me. ~60% of my iOS plays are as the Cave Goblins against people who soft ban PE/TO.
    I don't know if I stomped you. You managed to get all your events off while playing against the benders that should be some sort of achievment. I sure regretted throwing away my other mimics. So I couldn't get those sweet sweet heroic feats at the end. I lucked out your early spearmen didn't do to much damage to taculla.

    Also I played noodleden. It was my closest match and I only won because he forgot to attack with his fighter one turn.
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
    Anoir just stomped me.
    Praise the Third Eye

  9. #79
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Has anyone started their game against Captain Li? Invite has been sent for a while and I'm still awaiting a response.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoir View Post
    I don't know if I stomped you. You managed to get all your events off while playing against the benders that should be some sort of achievment. I sure regretted throwing away my other mimics. So I couldn't get those sweet sweet heroic feats at the end. I lucked out your early spearmen didn't do to much damage to taculla.
    I just never really felt in it after the attack on Tacullu and going 0/3 on your controller with Thorkur. It's hard to come from behind against the benders. My only hope was that you wouldn't steal my HF's, but I had no way of knowing that I'd actually be able to use them. Gror going 2/4 and not killing your Stonecloak meant that I couldn't get Baldar out, but you'd likely just have CS'd him anyway.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •